Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    wesm31wesm31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    username and password problems = submit a ticket

then wait till your 80...
  • Options
    deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    DDO working and UP as always,, lol cause they did hardware right,,
    maybe they are behind this lol
    COME WITH ME !
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL. You folks new to Cryptic/PWE, get used to this. They just managed to (barely) get enough network stability to run CO and STO, and then they drop the Neverwinter bomb on it. With so many people on for open beta, you can pretty much expect this once per week at the least.
  • Options
    dvshamsterfistdvshamsterfist Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    gaitsu wrote: »
    i can log into the patcher fine and the game starts up but then i get stuck at the connecting to log in server, any one else having this problem? any suggestions?

Seems like that is where we are all at.
  • Options
    mrishmrish Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    melanderi wrote: »
    Hey guys, We're having some server trouble. It is impacting all cryptic games including the gateway. We are trying to get this fixed up as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Any time frame for fix yet?
  • Options
    wertz350wertz350 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pahnye wrote: »
    I am keeping one eye here on all the complainers, who obviously don't know that open beta is supposed to address these kinds of problems, and Twitter because they seem to be getting better updates then I see here, heh.

Am i the only one tired of seeing this? Every time they make mistakes its like.. oh hey this is suppose to happen its open beta.

People payed 200$ to play 5 days early, and 60$ to pay 3 days early. If they weren't so greedy they could of had a TRUE open beta

and stress tested these servers, not one that has a cash shop and no wipe.
  • Options
    demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i can log into the patcher fine and the game starts up but then i get stuck at the connecting to log in server, any one else having this problem? any suggestions?

You are not alone and the only solution is to wait for them to fix the problem at their end.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • Options
    guillkillerguillkiller Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sooooooo... sleep until the router guy wakes up?
  • Options
    deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    viragost wrote: »
    Ok deathreaper4u you just proved that everything you said is googled...what LinkedIn profile did you pick for the 15 years exp as a computer hardware engineer =p

linkined in is for unenployed people looking for jobs, I sold my company made $$$ now I just invest in companies like LINKED IN
    and FB etc, I own alot of stock lol
    COME WITH ME !
  • Options
    gaitsugaitsu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gotcha, thanks :)
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    colruthar wrote: »
    Judging by the state of the servers, it obviously didn't help.

...or DID it?
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ... decided to not be mean this time...
  • Options
    miguksarammiguksaram Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Same exact issue for me. I'd assume this true for anyone who is already fully patched up at this point.
  • Options
    onetokzonetokz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hamsters, ah hmm, are notorious communists. I bet they formed a union and will not run on the wheel for under 6 potato chips a day and for no more then 8 hours.

6d1ff9dc5af472086f124e39cb6c4c1d.jpg

OMG now I want to duel weild a hammer and sickle on my rogue!!!

And start up a communist guild and call each other comrade. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gotta catch the cat first...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sstrangee wrote: »
    NOT PCI COMPLIANT OR SOx COMPLIANT! These servers aren't even in cages or locked!

dude seriously cages,,, lol small companies do that,, these data centers have armed guards and more security that nuclear reactor sites lol.. govt s are hosted by them, these things run the world,, lol cages,,, the idea is to keep people out of the building
    not have them wandering around inside near the servers,, the security is all biometrc and if yo dont belong there you dont get in period
    COME WITH ME !
  • Options
    xzorax12xzorax12 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    y do i feel as though this will be down till maintence is supposed to start then they post a excuse
  • Options
    arma2sgtarma2sgt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    onetokz wrote: »
    OMG now I want to duel weild a hammer and sickle on my rogue!!!

And start up a communist guild and call each other comrade. :D

Everyone's character would have to be takes on Marx, Stalin, Lenin or Trotsky.
  • Options
    pahnyepahnye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You CAN play the game friend and its a whole ****load of fun! In fact I can't wait till they get this fixed so I can play some more!!
  • Options
    jabentzjabentz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It will be humorous how suddenly this thread stops growing as soon as the login server is fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lefty8 wrote: »
    Constructive X 2 idiot

You make me feel so warm and fuzzy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    currently listening to skyrim theme lyrics a cappella version to pass time lol
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xzorax12 wrote: »
    y do i feel as though this will be down till maintence is supposed to start then they post a excuse

Nah, they save the excuses for when patch downtime runs 4-5 hours over schedule.
  • Options
    justme45justme45 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just posted on twitter ......

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Thank you so much for your patience during this outage.

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World Team
  • Options
    justme45justme45 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World Team
  • Options
    karrskarrs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good to know they tweet instead of posting the state of the issue on the forums, like competent devs should.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OK if they are too cheap to have MSFT data center host the game,, then hire the CHINESE or KOREANS, their F2P games dont go down for server issues lol
    if they do they have 10,000 engineers work on it and its back up in 3 min,, lol

this scene is more like 3 stoners, prob mac users,, that are trying to reboot the server,, lol and cant find the reset button
    COME WITH ME !
  • Options
    badsaphbadsaph Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karrs wrote: »
    good to know they tweet instead of posting the state of the issue on the forums, like competent devs should.

This was a post on the forums. >.>
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    justme45 wrote: »

IF they have redundant mirrored hardware,, this would not happen, as when you have a server or 2 or a router go out
    the backup or 3rd backup seemless replaces it and takes the load,, fine with no disruption at all,, while you replace the broken one

jesus that is network 101,, F2p must mean 3rd world lol
    COME WITH ME !
This discussion has been closed.