What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    brikksbrikks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I guess this game will have to wait till tomorrow! dayum.
  • Options
    hawk36hawk36 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    least we get to see lava fly while we watch the server not connect
  • Options
    wesm31wesm31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ikr i've played PWE games for over 6 years now i think on two accounts one i can't remember the login info saddly. and this is now the norm lol
  • Options
    oxtail666oxtail666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YEs I was a computer hardware eingineer for 15 years and designed this kinda servers and networks lol

I know what the issue is totally,, they dont have enough redundancy,, and have too few servers and network routers

if they knew what they were doing they would have seperate servers for patch, forums, website,, login, game DL, and at least 10 servers for playing the game , all MIRRIORED CROSS REDUNDANT SERVERS that are clustered and load balancing,, like DDO does, and banks and credit card companies where this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dont happen..
    they way they did it,, if one server goes,, everything goes,,
    also they need to seperate the networks and isolate them,, so routers are all seperate for each server and redundant and load balancing

umm yea I know what im talking about do you? lol

and if they had all that do you think it would still be FTP?
  • Options
    dvshamsterfistdvshamsterfist Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    molegbal wrote: »
    They have all there MMO on one server... One goes down they all go down

Cryptic's one server for all of their games.

servers.jpg
  • Options
    lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brikks wrote: »
    Well I guess this game will have to wait till tomorrow! dayum.

yup - after waiting another 4 hours for another maintenance patch update. see y'all around 1:00PM EST...
  • Options
    kismetfelinekismetfeline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it still down, because it won't let me log in.
  • Options
    celluliciouscellulicious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hawk36 wrote: »
    least we get to see lava fly while we watch the server not connect

Any you sir just gave me my next alts name "Lava Fly", ty.
  • Options
    viragostviragost Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude, dvshamsterfist its like you are in my mother's basement dude. I am glad you didn't get me in the picture then everyone would know...oh ****...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sometimes i think you need to be drunk when dealing with some of their users who are really really bad lol
  • Options
    colrutharcolruthar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    love the screen
  • Options
    lefty8lefty8 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is broken, fix it immediately, hey game gods, people that created the game, don't you realise you are losing new potential players / customers because of your screw ups?
    If you're going to make a game, try making one that actually works, because right now, this thing you call a game, is a piece of garbage, doesn't work, it's broken.
  • Options
    pdubs4pdubs4 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much zen for a new server?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    viragost wrote: »
    Dude, dvshamsterfist its like you are in my mother's basement dude. I am glad you didn't get me in the picture then everyone would know...oh ****...

I googled servers in a basement, so, well..... Could be your mom's basement. ;)
  • Options
    deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    they should have just paid to have a Microsoft data center support and host the game,,
    the data centers are football fields long 44 acres have 100,000 or more servers, thousands of routers, ann mirrored, redundant, and load balanced,, liquid cooled,, and are up 365 days a year,, and they have like 40 of these all over the world,,
    they can even run during a blackout, lol as they have 10,000 batteries,, and generators etc..
    data-center.jpg
    microsoft.jpg

1275158088_img0.jpg
    2404505335_9f06ed86ac_o.jpg
    COME WITH ME !
  • Options
    sabo630sabo630 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    lefty8 wrote: »
    This game is broken, fix it immediately, hey game gods, people that created the game, don't you realise you are losing new potential players / customers because of your screw ups?
    If you're going to make a game, try making one that actually works, because right now, this thing you call a game, is a piece of garbage, doesn't work, it's broken.
    this is BETA ****, they are opening it up so they can find and fix problems like this. Just STFU and come back later FFS.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok deathreaper4u you just proved that everything you said is googled...what LinkedIn profile did you pick for the 15 years exp as a computer hardware engineer =p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i wonder what they did to make the hamsters go on strike?

failure to clean the cages?
    or what?
    or did someone bring in a cat?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lefty8 wrote: »

Constructive
  • Options
    pahnyepahnye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am keeping one eye here on all the complainers, who obviously don't know that open beta is supposed to address these kinds of problems, and Twitter because they seem to be getting better updates then I see here, heh.
  • Options
    jabentzjabentz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pdubs4 wrote: »
    How much zen for a new server?

Yes... they should add a new cash shop option for wealthy contributors: New server to improve game performance plus a shard with a name of your choice *ONLY* $50,000.
  • Options
    sabo630sabo630 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    times like this I wish the foundry was available offline, imagine all the trolling this will solve you all when this is live...
  • Options
    sstrangeesstrangee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NOT PCI COMPLIANT OR SOx COMPLIANT! These servers aren't even in cages or locked!
    they should have just paid to have a Microsoft data center support and host the game,,
    the data centers are football fields long 44 acres have 100,000 or more servers, thousands of routers, ann mirrored, redundant, and load balanced,, liquid cooled,, and are up 365 days a year,, and they have like 20 of these all over the world,,
    they can even run during a blackout, lol as they have 10,000 batteries,, and generators etc..
    data-center.jpg
    microsoft.jpg

1275158088_img0.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i just laugh at them... gotta get the free entertainment somewhere right?
  • Options
    g0l3mg0l3m Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wesm31 wrote: »

Failure to clean the cages?
    Or what?
    Or did someone bring in a cat?

best post eveeeer !!!
  • Options
    swiftar1swiftar1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is dumb as hell. It keeps telling me my password is wrong, but I'm able to sign into the website. I change my password, still wrong. No matter what I do it keeps telling me it's wrong. How the hell?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wesm31 wrote: »

failure to clean the cages?
    or what?
    or did someone bring in a cat?

Hamsters, ah hmm, are notorious communists. I bet they formed a union and will not run on the wheel for under 6 potato chips a day and for no more then 8 hours.

6d1ff9dc5af472086f124e39cb6c4c1d.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Forum Wars, best truly free to play MMO ever!
  • Options
    mrishmrish Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any time frame for fix yet?
  • Options
    gaitsugaitsu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i can log into the patcher fine and the game starts up but then i get stuck at the connecting to log in server, any one else having this problem? any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.