test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    suicide wrote: »
    Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

YEs I was a computer hardware eingineer for 15 years and designed this kinda servers and networks lol

I know what the issue is totally,, they dont have enough redundancy,, and have too few servers and network routers

if they knew what they were doing they would have seperate servers for patch, forums, website,, login, game DL, and at least 10 servers for playing the game , all MIRRIORED CROSS REDUNDANT SERVERS that are clustered and load balancing,, like DDO does, and banks and credit card companies where this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dont happen..
    they way they did it,, if one server goes,, everything goes,,
    also they need to seperate the networks and isolate them,, so routers are all seperate for each server and redundant and load balancing

umm yea I know what im talking about do you? lol
    COME WITH ME !
  • Options
    dvshamsterfistdvshamsterfist Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    sabo630 wrote: »
    actually no, I was getting stuck on a patcher update, now I can open the game. I posted the info for others. You should keep garbage like this off the thread because it serves no purpose other then to show you are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

if you dont have anything to add to the solution then you are part of the problem.

Actually if you had bothered reading before posting such great info, everyone had the same problems and uninstalling did nothing. You were MISINFORMING people and perhaps making them waste their time, all because you didn't bother reading. So in reality, who was the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? The one who would have people do a bunch of stuff they didn't need to do, or the one saying that in reality what you offered was not a solution?
  • Options
    jabentzjabentz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sabo630 wrote: »
    actually no, I was getting stuck on a patcher update, now I can open the game. I posted the info for others. You should keep garbage like this off the thread because it serves no purpose other then to show you are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

if you dont have anything to add to the solution then you are part of the problem.

What he was saying is that we were all getting stuck on the launcher autoupdate. After some time (around 15-30 minutes ago) the launcher autoupdate server was fixed and now we can all start the game. But now the login server is down and we're all stuck on the same part you're stuck on (without redownloading the game).
  • Options
    phoenixgammaphoenixgamma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure what's going on but it's really annoying i've had to redownload the launcher everyday so far and now the link to the DL is broken as well. any information so we're not here dangling would be great.
  • Options
    jfairbrojfairbro Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not wearing any pants
  • Options
    mast3ratarimast3ratari Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep - stucked at the login server.
  • Options
    osaya1osaya1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher is up but the 'log on servers' is still down
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is working again for me!

... launcher anyway. Small steps. ;) Time to get some coffee.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    zinszins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    some small progress woot my launcher is working again:) thanks to whomever it is due!
  • Options
    wesm31wesm31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jfairbro wrote: »
    I'm not wearing any pants

*blinks*

how does this help anything?
  • Options
    viragostviragost Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or you might be wrong Deathreaper4u. People said their ISP was having issues right? You heard that right? Therefore all the games running on that ISP's bandwidth probably went down. Alternatively, they could have just been slammed harder than they figured which happens during every beta or mmo launch. If they hit limits, capacity or any other multitude of things it could have shut them down. If a hard reset happens as an hardware engineer you know it can also cause issues. I am not saying that any of these are the issues but I will say one absolute truth; I guarantee that in all of PWE they do have someone with more experience than you. I doubt you are the one guy who knows how to run servers smoothly. Lets all realize that we probably don't know what the problem exactly is or multitude of problems are.

This happens during every beta or launch, deal with it.
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wesm31 wrote: »
    *blinks*

How could it hurt lol
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    molegbalmolegbal Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is annoying...
  • Options
    gnxsgnxs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wesm31 wrote: »
    *blinks*

How does it NOT help?
  • Options
    ebonscar92ebonscar92 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the joy of waiting....
  • Options
    colrutharcolruthar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Judging by the state of the servers, it obviously didn't help.
  • Options
    impaqtimpaqt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was hoping to check the game out this evening.... Launcher just telling me my user name or password is invalid. obviously its not since I'm posting here.... Oh well.. back to DDO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Off topic but does anyone really like Will.I.Am's music? It all sounds the same and that sound is not good. Bill, put the mic down buddy.
  • Options
    captwedgeantilezcaptwedgeantilez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The desperate band of adventurers could never predict the next test would most certainly be their last. For when young halfling Bigsy Tumblebottom opened the door he was greeted with an ominous voice "CONNECTING TO THE LOGIN SERVER...."
    The noise was so loud it shattered his poor hairy pointed ears. He spun around only to get a glimpse of his friends as they were frozen in time for all eternity...
    Or probably just an hour I guess.
    :D
  • Options
    suicidesuicide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YEs I was a computer hardware eingineer for 15 years and designed this kinda servers and networks lol

I know what the issue is totally,, they dont have enough redundancy,, and have too few servers and network routers

if they knew what they were doing they would have seperate servers for patch, forums, website,, login, game DL, and at least 10 servers for playing the game , all MIRRIORED CROSS REDUNDANT SERVERS that are clustered and load balancing,, like DDO does, and banks and credit card companies where this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dont happen..
    they way they did it,, if one server goes,, everything goes,,
    also they need to seperate the networks and isolate them,, so routers are all seperate for each server and redundant and load balancing

umm yea I know what im talking about do you? lol

I am not the one claiming to know about hardware engineering so your question "do you?" is obsolete. I did, however, spend enough time in college to detect you are really good at googling to sound smart.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    viragost

truth be told unless said other wise by official staff we really don't know what is the issue. and with having experience from their other titles getting a definite statement on the issue won't be happening any time soon as they very rarely discuss that on the community forums until after the issue is fixed.
  • Options
    brikksbrikks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least I know it's not just me having the server issue. XD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wesm31 if you read my whole post I said that at the end:). Nobody really knows.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *shrugs* i'm half drunk what do you expect lol
  • Options
    hayes303hayes303 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    If it makes anyone feel better, I just tried to log into Champions online. Same thing. Think it might be all cryptic games.

Is there any of the 8 people who play STO around? Could check to see if that is the same.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    viragost wrote: »
    Off topic but does anyone really like Will.I.Am's music? It all sounds the same and that sound is not good. Bill, put the mic down buddy.

"It's Britney *****"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hehe fair point and you have the right idea about what to do during "expected" downtimes:).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    suicide wrote: »
    I am not the one claiming to know about hardware engineering so your question "do you?" is obsolete. I did, however, spend enough time in college to detect you are really good at googling to sound smart.

Yeah, but, do you? :o
  • Options
    molegbalmolegbal Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have all there MMO on one server... One goes down they all go down
  • Options
    mast3ratarimast3ratari Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am staring at bubbling lava.
This discussion has been closed.