test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server not responding

daallendaallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi,

I have just downloaded and patched the game without problems, But after character creation Whilst the game is loading it paused twice (on repeat logins 1-3 times) with a message top-cener saying "Server not responding" with a little timer counting upwards after it. No sooner than around 60 seconds this message disappears and carries on loading and I enter the game. But sadly after 1-3 seconds of play everything froze, I got the same "Server not responding" message with the timer, and again after around 50-60 seconds this message disappears and I am once again free to play for 1-3 seconds before it all starts again. I am still free however during this time to alt and click windows etc. Needless to say that this interruption is not allowing me to beta-test the game whatsoever.

I think I have done everything technically conceivable on my end to make sure the problem is not something so obvious but I am now lost with no direction other than the help I get here.

D.A
Post edited by daallen on

Comments

• Options
    interusdrakorinterusdrakor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same problem. Any ideas?
  • Options
    jungselfjungself Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same. I got to kill one whole zombie and now it's a little awkward in front of all his friends. No one knows what to say, so we all just stand there, motionless...
  • Options
    wec0wec0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been having the same issue all day. It eventually disconnects me from the game. I'm on Dragon.
  • Options
    cerealblockcerealblock Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same problem here. Signed in no problem, game loads up and I just can't move around; every time I try it just freezes up and the "Server not responding" message pops up. Also getting a problem where I'll run forward for about 2 or 3 seconds and then appear back where I started. Point being: I have yet to talk to Wilfred as the game just won't let me.
  • Options
    zerdan1zerdan1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, played fine for 2 hours and then joined up with some people for Cloak Tower and halfway thru our run i kept getting the message. Logged back in multiple times only to have it boot me within 10 seconds or so......frustrating to say the least.

Also on Dragon
  • Options
    ashandradel2ashandradel2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get that message and get disconnected every single time I transition to another area.. it's driving me crazy having to log back in every 5 - 10 minutes.. I"ve done the dns flush that was recommended and it's still happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Ashandradel - Dragon Shard, Snitchy Britches - Beholder Shard
  • Options
    weiweidavweiweidav Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem here......whole of first day of beta testing and today too......wasted my downloads downloading this game
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the patch/maintenance I get 15 sec lag spikes while keeping ~320 ping

Client locked up .. first time ever for that.

Dropped conn 3 times in 10 minutes in Mad Dragon dungeon ><

Not bothering until you fix this lol
  • Options
    aglegendaglegend Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i get that on every loading screen and get kicked after 20 sec i dont know what to do please help. i really like this game and i would spent money on it if i didnt have this problem
  • Options
    ch80ch80 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue. Been going on since my head start and happened a few times in BW3. Any of you with this problem notice that once you are disconnected if you quickly alt-tab out of the login screen and look at your internet connection it is temporarily offline? Like the little yellow icon saying no internet access, mine says this for a brief moment but I am able to log right back into the game usually, and can pull up I.E. with no problems. So it's just a quick disabling of my internet access im assuming still not sure why this game causes this and nothing else I play online does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkraydarkray Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same been getting that more frequently now. On dragon server.
  • Options
    fearnight1fearnight1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get this error once every 20-30 minutes on Mindflay.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i only just got a chance to try logging in and i can't even get to character select. i enter my username and password and get "Connecting to the account server..." until that times out and i have to start all over.
  • Options
    gstringlaptopgstringlaptop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem. i cannot even log in after i got disconnected.
  • Options
    pivovarnapivovarna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragon server - disconnected and can't log in. Prior I had no problems or lag or rubber banding.
    Now even this forum loads very slow and not always. They must have problem across the whole thing, seems to me.
  • Options
    irodori1irodori1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing. At first there were the lag specs that lasted for 2-3 seconds. Then they got longer and I eventually got disconnected. When I'm trying to reconnect, it sticks at "Connecting to the account server...", and after that tells me that server isn't responding. Then I closed the game entirely and tried to restart again from the patcher, and it just refuses to open, saying Unable to establish connection. =/
  • Options
    lysylyalysylya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah - I was in the Foundry and was disconnected and now can't reconnect.
    Veteran MMO player; Veteran D&D Player
    From M59, UO EQ, & DaoC to the present
  • Options
    yazzitoyazzito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a webpage where we can check NWN server status? It's down right now, and I want to check when it's back up.

Thanks..
  • Options
    captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    ever notice when the servers go down so do the forums lol.
  • Options
    drowholedrowhole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are literally forcing me to play GW2 with their launcher bugs which keep me from being able to log into the game.
  • Options
    kittenkawa11kittenkawa11 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been having the same issues, on beholder server. had a fairly large latency spike for about 15 seconds with both me and my friend playing. then game dropped us, had to sign back in failed to connect to servers, now trying to open up the launcher, it's telling me it's failing attempts on auto-updating the launcher, and that it's unable to connect -.-.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO, NW, and CO are all down. They appear to have had a major issue. Time to go play some more GW2 while i wait for them to fix this (probably some time tomorrow.)
  • Options
    yiphanyiphan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting same problem as others. "Trying to update the launcher..." and it tries a couple times, then can't, and shuts down. Not a good night here. LoL
  • Options
    adiorocksadiorocks Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem. i cannot even log in after i got disconnected.

Same exact error as in your picture.
  • Options
    dec0ydeaditedec0ydeadite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO, NW, and CO are all down. They appear to have had a major issue. Time to go play some more GW2 while i wait for them to fix this (probably some time tomorrow.)

even forums are having a hard time loading pages;
    An error occurred while processing your request.
    Reference #97.a7220e6b.1367545985.3aa9c6e6

lol, you guys get ddos attacked and weren't ready? IT tech pull a server plug? what gives, it's ok to talk about it, *i'll still love you in the morning; no matter what you look like. (LOL TOOK SOMETHING LIKE 4 MINS TO LOAD EDIT PAGE)
    those dam_ HOTN players ruin everything.
    STRUGGLING? uMAD? QQ? NEED A GUIDE? GET SPOON FED HERE! NOMNOMNOM
  • Options
    gfraggfrag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of Cryptic is down.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forums slow, Game not working, and Gateway not working!

Sad face from work.
  • Options
    cortessiacortessia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stand back.............. I got this.

*pulls out cartridge*

*blows on it*

You're welcome Cryptic
  • Options
    beef377beef377 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server still down and website acting stupid also
  • Options
    liadanamaethalliadanamaethal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    :-\ Seems like everything is down. Guess it's back to WoW for me... -_- I was hoping to avoid LFR...