test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free re-specs for beta.

Comments

• Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Got to agree with Rapticor, if you are going to have PvE and PvP you need to allow for 2 different specs per character.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about you guys just build your class properly in the first place? I don't want everyone copying everyone else's build they find on the internet.

If you need a re-spec, it's your fault you didn't prepare and do your research. At least they offer you the chance to buy respec tokens!

Some games (PoE) where it's even more 'planning ahead', you don't get to respec at all.

I'm sorry, what?? How in the hell can you do your "research" if you can't even tryout stuff. If a tooltip of a talent point seems good and it turns out to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you can't possibly know that without trying it out. Theorycrafting fades in comparison to actually playing. If i wanna tryout a build to see if it's good i don't want to look around on the internet to see what other people think about it and base my decision on that. You are also being a hipocrite saying you don't want everyone copying everyone elses build they find on the internet and then you say "it's your fault you didn't prepare and do your research"... If you don't try what you want how are you gonna know if it's good? By looking at what other people are doing... which puts you in the "copying somebody elses build" category.

The lack of a dual spec is also ridiculous given the cost of respecing. Nobody should be expected to pay everytime they want to go to a battleground after a dungeon. Plus, i bet they will make changes to talent trees and such along the way. Now imagine you already made your path, and they nerf a talent and buff another one, and you have to pay to switch. And this is in no aspect a fault of yours because you already planned ahead and made choices that suit you.. Not even gonna get into the cost of a single bag. Ludacris.
  • Options
    didradamagididradamagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps as many free re-spec as you want, up to lvl 15-20 just to get a hang of it, what fits ones playstyle.
    Another game who has that free re-spec up to lvl 15 is Allods.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clever thread

this way their "Beta" excuse shenanigans bite them in the ***

so what it is then, Cryptic/PWE? Beta to excuse the bugs, or release to justify charging people for everything?
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about you guys just build your class properly in the first place? I don't want everyone copying everyone else's build they find on the internet.

If you need a re-spec, it's your fault you didn't prepare and do your research. At least they offer you the chance to buy respec tokens!

Some games (PoE) where it's even more 'planning ahead', you don't get to respec at all.

All the paragon paths aren't even in the game yet. How are we supposed to build our class properly when the game is still in beta, despite what some people seem to think, and all the pieces aren't even in place? If the game was released that's a different story.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

are you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or something? when people dont get respecs and cant experiment or find their playstyle, they will just get one at best, then go copying someone else's build because its proved. the rest will just quit the game.

so basically,you dont want people to have respecs...so they all do what you want them to NOT do? excellent logic skills there, champ. I can see you never finished first grade
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    At the very least it would be nice if they offered one free respec at level 40.
    By then you will have a general feel of your class and what the abilities do.

Then use the free respec before you hit level 41 or it is lost.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Well when I played PoE one get respec token for some lvls and as drops, not sure this days.
    But as many (like me) also played during closed beta and one remade characters all the time or they reset the talents one could try out new talent trees.

NW is a new game for many and since Beta weekend 3 it has change a lot imo. the talent tree look different and so forth, getting me a bit confused at least. Been trying to resears for a talent calculator, but haven't find one yet.. please post a link if you seen one
  • Options
    atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    in marvel heroes also you need to purchase "Retcon Device" in order to respec skills
    however, that item can also drop from mobs..

in neverwinter making the respec with only zen is kinda stupid..
    you should charge money for possible stat respec and change the respec to some other currency
  • Options
    bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is open beta in name only, by all measurables it is release.
  • Options
    shukr4nshukr4n Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i need someone create a character builder tool for nwo.
    do it.
    pleae
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It is open beta in name only, by all measurables it is release.

But it's not. Cryptic is calling it a beta therefore it is a beta. I wouldn't consider classes with missing paragon trees to be a released game. Maybe I'm just crazy like that.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its a scandal they call it "open beta" to have a safeground to go back to if **** should hit the fan like it did 2 days ago - but charging exorbitant prices everywhere, that sure works!

get this game right, Cryptic & PW.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the free respec. At least one of those should be provided at levelcap or something.
  • Options
    antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the prices are ubserd for respec
  • Options
    bigredlunchboxbigredlunchbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't want your feedback they want your money now shut up and pay for your respecs.. and dont report any bugs you find just abuse them.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll put partial blame on the tooltips not giving enough information. I have several Cleric Powers that do not mention anything relevant. Having tooltips that mention "long durations" or not mentioning any numbers at all. Take Hallowed Ground for an example. "Your prayer temporarily sanctifies the ground around you, and allies standing on the ground have enhanced offense and defense". Rank 2 and 3 both increase this buff by 5% each for both ranks. What the tooltip fails to mention is how much of a buff we're giving.

One example I can give is Astral Shield. At rank 1 this was an ok skill. The duration was around 10 seconds with a 15s cooldown. The HP regen was not good at all. I decided to spend some of my spare points to rank this one up. At Rank 3 this ability became a beast. HP regen is great and the damage reduction (non-divinity mode) is very good as well. I would have never known this ability scaled so well at rank 3 if I had not placed any points beyond 1.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    But it's not. Cryptic is calling it a beta therefore it is a beta. I wouldn't consider classes with missing paragon trees to be a released game. Maybe I'm just crazy like that.

They are selling oranges and call them apples and people are falling for it, which is exactly the point of the post you quoted. If it weren't for the "beta" label they gave it, people would rightfully call it just an unfinished game that's being sold regardless already, there is no inherent justification for this game to be called beta.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    freemind25 wrote: »
    there is no inherent justification for this game to be called beta.

Like most F2P game they are = cashcows and get away with things as they call it beta/open beta :cool:
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

Not crazy just ignorant. They can call it a beta and you can think that means reasonable things like respec tokens will be provided.....but it does not make it reality. For all practical purposes this is launch. It is no more of a beta than any other mmo launch other than they are calling it a beta. As for your argument that it is unfinished so must be beta that is just asinine. Name a mmo that was "finished" at launch. Just not the nature of the beast. Having said all that it is my bet they will offer free respec tokens if/when major changes are made to classes.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm, No.

Really its only needed for PvP and if someone wants to constantly respec to get just the perfect PvP build that is great but they should pay $$ for the privilege. Really other than major reworking of the power structure there isn't a need to respec in this game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antonislak wrote: »
    the prices are ubserd for respec

Than don't respec.

Why is that so hard for people to get. If it is to expensive don't buy it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    costas555costas555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    besharpe wrote: »
    Respecing is a must in any game. There is no way in hell I will pay each time I need to respec. The game is great mind you, I have been enjoying it quiet a bit. However, there are some things to costly to pay for and I am not paying 5 dollars every time I want to try out another spec or to even fine toon the one I have. You might get 1 out of me then eventually I will just stop playing. It's just one of those things that being charged for everytime is to costly. I would prefer to pay $14 a month sub fee then pay for each time I need to respec. Just putting my 2 cents in because I would like to keep playing but the way I understand it I would have to pay each time and that won't happen.

Though it's thier game but kinda a deal breaker for me.

+1 Agreed. At least give us another option .
  • Options
    thndthnd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i love respec my toon and see all the variables but i cant afford these respecs, its simply preposterous. Like the others said i rather pay 15 bucks for a monthly fee than give money into this crappy system.
  • Options
    aldemmaldemm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some powers seem viable from the description but in practice often times tend to be terrible (crushing surge for GFs, for example). So basically we are better off not experimenting and instead look for a guide to tell us where to put our points at? There a difference between a "convenience" and something as fundamental as respeccing and having to pay real money for that (or fall for the terrible exchange rate of gems) is ludicrous at the moment.

And that seems to be the problem with most F2P games I've found. I'd sooner pay $15 a month over having to pull out my credit card constantly to pay $1 every time I want some basic MMO feature available.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thnd wrote: »
    Well i love respec my toon and see all the variables but i cant afford these respecs, its simply preposterous. Like the others said i rather pay 15 bucks for a monthly fee than give money into this crappy system.

Why do you need to respec more than once every 6 - 12 months? Really why?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thndthnd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Top defending a failed system, perhaps i like to pvp besides pve? Theres a lot of people in this topic thinking in the same thing. Id like to test things if you still dont know what i meant by my last post.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    As for your argument that it is unfinished so must be beta that is just asinine. Name a mmo that was "finished" at launch. Just not the nature of the beast. Having said all that it is my bet they will offer free respec tokens if/when major changes are made to classes.

I can name many MMOs that at least had all the class items in place at launch. Which is what we're talking about here. I can't think of any that had "Coming Soon" next to them. Feel free to enlighten me however as I surely haven't played every MMO in existence.

After BW3 everyone was saying "This is pretty much what you'll get at launch" and guess what.. It wasn't since they changed a bunch of things for BW4. The same thing can happen during OB which is why it's called a beta.
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aumerle wrote: »
    Wait.. what?? Your argument against a free respec is that we can just START OVER every time we want to respec? Wow. And to top that off maybe you didn't notice but we only get 2 character slots so basically it's delete character and start over every time. Hopefully you were joking because otherwise I don't know what else to say to that.

This is a game, a frivolous luxury expenditure of time. It's a game in which leveling is quite easy and fast. What's more, it's a game that had significant resources dumped into it and is free to play, and a majority of us will never dump a dime into it and get a lot of enjoyment out of.

This acting as if a free respect is necessary, deserved, or even that they should just give it to us for free is pure, childish entitlement. You don't need them, you have perfectly functional alternatives, and simply put, those alternatives aren't all that hard. On top of that, you can respec any time you want - just pay the people who are letting you play this game for free, end of story. Making respecs pay to do is *extremely* reasonable when you consider the whole package we're getting.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a game, a frivolous luxury expenditure of time. It's a game in which leveling is quite easy and fast. What's more, it's a game that had significant resources dumped into it and is free to play, and a majority of us will never dump a dime into it and get a lot of enjoyment out of.

This acting as if a free respect is necessary, deserved, or even that they should just give it to us for free is pure, childish entitlement. You don't need them, you have perfectly functional alternatives, and simply put, those alternatives aren't all that hard. On top of that, you can respect any time you want - just pay the people who are letting you play this game for free, end of story. Making respecs pay to do is *extremely* reasonable when you consider the whole package we're getting.

+1 million.

Forum is overrun by entitled children