test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free re-specs for beta.

13»

Comments

• bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are charging for the game (using their full income systems). All developments, characters, etc... are permanent in the game (no wipe). All pre-order bonuses are now (or about to be) over. The game is available to the public and being advertised and market on websites and magazines as Play Now, not coming soon (and being reviwed).

I could choose to call my car a bike. My car could drive as fast as a bike. That doesn't make it a bike. I need to buy car insurance for that car, or it will be impounded. I need to follow the rules of the road for cars not bikes. Because I choose to name my car a bike, does not change what it is.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if your car had two wheels with the other two missing and instead had the words "Coming Soon" in their place I could find that a valid analogy. As it stands now I can't.
  • uncmartuncmart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it'd be a good idea to give each character about 3 free respecs as I've picked some skills which sounded amazing only to find out that they're totally worthless. Until the skills are balanced out and while work is still being done to such things, it would make sense to allow people to experiment and relay thoughts and ideas on skills to others and the devs. Perhaps add a free respec item to players (if it doesn't already exist - it does in almost every game with a skill tree I've played).

I certainly have no intention of buying respecs until I can see that the skills aren't buggy or worthless, if I was able to find different builds then it would make a respec item worth the purchase.
  • kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice with a free respec, overall the system is just fail. The game is sooo strict as it is and on top of that they charge for respecs :O camon gief us a break!
  • archaicsealarchaicseal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. The respec system of 600 zen to respec powers and the insane AD cost of respec for Feats is beyond ridiculous. Make both cost AD and lower the damned values. Or, as an alternative (which will NEVER happen with PWE,) give us a monthly subscription option like swtor where we can respec for free if under sub. I mean, seriously, 150k AD to respec feats at level 60 is INSANE. Especially if you have a build for PvP and one for PvE.

I have heard the comments and criticisms of this before: Yes, NWO uses the D&D franchise logo, but that's it. This really isn't D&D based, it's an MMO with the D&D name and theme. That being said, all the peeps who keep saying DMs wouldn't allow them to respec, well, it doesn't apply here as this really isn't D&D (at least as far as the PnP version is concerned.) Moreover, being limited to one build gets old and boring, especially when you wish to try different aspects of a classes power or, more often, if you wish to have one build for PvP, one for solo, and one for 8300.

And while we are discussing this, can I request that we have an extra (or more) power bars we can cycle through? It gets old to keep having to drag powers back and forth to change your setup between solo and dungeon instances. I don't care if you have to wait for the CDs on all your loaded powers if you switch from one bar to the other(s). Just please, streamline the ability to switch power setups, hell, since you ARE PWE you can even charge zen to unlock extra power bar setups in the UI. Maybe even charge zen so we can have another feat build we can switch to (for PvP feats setup and PvE feats setup.) Hell, for all I care, even make it so that you have to be at a campfire to switch and have a CD on it... makes no difference, just give us OPTIONS.
  • bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it had two wheels it's still a car (though it would be hard to drive). My point is, you can't choose to rename something and then have it follows the rules of your name. It is what it is, and this has every meaningful characteristic of a release, thus it is a release. If they wanted to call it "elephant", it wouldn't change what it is.