Install Arc
Options

End-game

Comments

• Options
    scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    spodeanspodean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The great thing about this game is the Foundry, player created content can be a great time.

All of my favorite games over the years have had massive amounts of user created content.

The great thing about user content is the fact that the creators don't have deadlines. They create for the sake of creating not for cash.

There's already a few great player created quests out there, campaigns in the works. I can imagine that given another year the stuff that is created will far surpass the enjoyment you get from the developers content.

The rewards are not so great, but I can imagine Cryptic allowing for certain maps to get better rewards when they have reviewed a map itself to determine if its cheaty or not. maybe if it gets 10k positive reviews or so. It is beta so we can hope.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    quovan wrote: »
    An easy solution to that would be a cosmetic item that shows bragging rights. Alternatively once they get guild housing up, that could be a huge time sink for players at endgame in order to gather the resources needed to improve the guild house or something like that.

1000+

Great idea however I think well have to wait for wildstar to enjoy that. :)
  • Options
    isukosanisukosan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    An easy solution to that would be a cosmetic item that shows bragging rights. Alternatively once they get guild housing up, that could be a huge time sink for players at endgame in order to gather the resources needed to improve the guild house or something like that.

Indeed, this is a good idea. We could make our own castle :D
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they consumed all of the content this quickly, its very unrealistic that anyone will be able to keep up with their appetite. Sounds like those alien parasites in the sci-fi movies. Moving from planet to planet consuming all of the resources and moving on. hehe
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    Im one of the players at end game, nearly got 9800gs ready for the last boss, im hoping there is more after. We will see, believe it or not if they lose the players that push the limits of there game this game will become no different to the fail cake SWTOR is.

Lets hope they learned from that clusterluck of an mmo.

No offense, but losing people that are done this soon is no loss. I've been that guy in other games and when we left, the game survived. I know it's hard to hear, but the reality is that nothing will change if you leave. This is quite the casual MMO, let's not break your elbow patting yourself on the back for "pushing the limits"
  • Options
    psuedomonaspsuedomonas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, however the trick is releasing content fast enough to keep maybe not the VERY best mmo players but at least the top 15%. Other wise the drop off in skilful players keeps falling until all your left with is bored housewives that just want to level up their puppy companion... Farmville strikes again.

Mate, dont take this the wrong way, but your comment is such arrogance! The game is open beta, a soft launch, and if you had read anything about the game, and from your previous posts you are too self absorbed to have done so, the Devs have always stated that 60 hours was their average time estimate to get to lvl 60. Average meaning some will be faster, some will be slower. Obviously they have plans that will be implemented in the future. If they lose your 'Top 15% very BEST MMO players' I dont think they would mind too much. Enjoy the game, but don't call me a 'bored housewife' because I am slower at leveling then you. Speed does not equate to skill mate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    quovanquovan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1000+

Great idea however I think well have to wait for wildstar to enjoy that. :)

Cryptic has said that guild housing is something they would like to implement if they can get enough time to. Personally I think with a little tweaking of foundry, like a non-reward giving, tentative, multiplayer mode, we would see even more crazy kinds of innovations. Like ship to ship battles or guild wars.
    People would be able to design their own PvP and other cool kinds of stuff like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is the short coming of foundry. its a limited toolset and very hard for devolpers to intergrate into the end game play field. its awesome for lvling new chrs though its a constant stream of new content that keeps leveling feeling fresh

100% agree, there is tons of levelling content and I was 60 before I finished the lvl58 stuff.

Ill will most certainly go back and complete all but its not going to last long. This game will lose the players that keep guilds moving forward, not all guilds as some guilds can take the stress of slower progression and repeated fails at low level or easy content, however the vast majority of them wont and if the content is not there to keep the 70-90% bracket of players interested then expext to see a huge drop off of talent within the next few weeks.

I watched it happen to Tera and SWTOR, lets hope PWE are aware of it. Although I highly doubt it as I recently read a dev post describing P2W and he did not have a clue.

This game is PURE p2w and will also suffer because of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    itdude123 wrote: »
    If they consumed all of the content this quickly, its very unrealistic that anyone will be able to keep up with their appetite. Sounds like those alien parasites in the sci-fi movies. Moving from planet to planet consuming all of the resources and moving on. hehe

I agree it would be almost impossible to produce content for the top 5% of mmo players.
    ~
    However the trick is to produce content that will keep the top 70-90% interested, these players will then stay and keep guilds progressing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    No offense, but losing people that are done this soon is no loss. I've been that guy in other games and when we left, the game survived. I know it's hard to hear, but the reality is that nothing will change if you leave. This is quite the casual MMO, let's not break your elbow patting yourself on the back for "pushing the limits"

Im afraid you are just on the wrong side of history.

Ive seen this happen in all the mmo's I have played in the last 5 yrs.

The top 5% will consume too fast for producers to produce, however the trick is to produce content that the 70-90% bracket contains. this is ALOT of players but way less than the mid bracket.

If you lose this 70-90% group of players then the game will die, check SWTOR, they screwed it up in exactly the same way.
  • Options
    uriah65uriah65 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mate, dont take this the wrong way, but your comment is such arrogance! The game is open beta, a soft launch, and if you had read anything about the game, and from your previous posts you are too self absorbed to have done so, the Devs have always stated that 60 hours was their average time estimate to get to lvl 60. Average meaning some will be faster, some will be slower. Obviously they have plans that will be implemented in the future. If they lose your 'Top 15% very BEST MMO players' I dont think they would mind too much. Enjoy the game, but don't call me a 'bored housewife' because I am slower at leveling then you. Speed does not equate to skill mate.

Have to say I couldn't agree more with Grey. Just because a few self absorbed 15% whatnots have no life and the ability and lack of common sense to spend more $$$ than they should, doesn't mean Cryptic or PWE are not doing a decent job and keeping things on track. If they are foolish enough to bypass the content available and speed to 60, then that's on them to keep themselves entertained.
    ML_NWN_URIAH_zps9f08b61c.png
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just a question. You really don't know anything else, then simplistic MMO's with "max levels", "endgame content" "grind" and "even more grid" later, where clicks means much more then player skills? I really need to know.
  • Options
    quovanquovan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honestly think sandbox elements are the way to go with endgame content. Once players run out of stuff to do, give them the tools to make their own cool stuff happen while they wait.

P.S. Someone should tell Cryptic, but I honestly think they have plenty of time before this becomes an issue.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There will always be a group of no li...errr hard core gamers that do that, and they do it for the sole purpose of being able to cry "fail" before they run back to WoW.

I personally could care less as they do not effect my enjoyment. I noticed something last week, I have been playing MMO's since UO was in beta (muds before that and LORD before that) and my two top MMO's that I play lately are Neverwinter and STO. Cryptic has manage to hold my attention and they have done it by not kowtowing to Hard-cores, admitting when they are wrong and busting their collective asses to make their games better than they were yesterday.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

This is a launch, call it open beta so people wont complain about a finished game but this is a launch no different than any other.

My point is I agree you CANT produce content to keep the top 5% playing. That would be impossible.

However the trick is to keep the 70-90% bracket playing. These players move guilds on, keep guilds progressing. Now I agree there will be a few guilds that can survive the constant fails of easy content and they will remain here. However the vast majority of players out there will not stick around wasting time, spending resources and constantly failing. Believe it or not you NEED those players.

SWTOR committed all the things I have spoken about, I rallied against what they were doing in Beta and continued to "warn" what would happen, all the people jumping on me here are the same kinda ones jumping on me there.

Look down at your hands, they will have the still warm blood of SWTOR's dying soul on them...
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's the third day of General Open Beta and ppl are already gripping about the end-game. It's beta, the end-game content is probably not in the game yet.
  • Options
    skullklovnskullklovn Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This was already forseen long before Neverwinter came to beta stage.

The prophecy sounds like this:

"Heden my warning. When Neverwinter is going open beta, a handful of unemployed, so-called "hardcore" players will rush through the game, without even enjoying the road there. They will rush through the so-called end game and then come on over to the forum, crying how the developer should pat them on the back for being so hardcore and furthermore give them more, or they will leave the game like they've done so many times before. And wait for the next mmo to hold their interest for 5 days".

Congratulations rusher. Now wait for Wildstar to come out and rinse repeat while we others enjoy the game at our own pace.
  • Options
    gnostergnoster Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    End game will be Guys shouting i general zone chat for dungeon Groups demanding you to have the correct spec and 10k+ gearscore, or else you will never be allowed into their amazing Group - WoW flashback for me there :-)

All jokes aside they have talked about the possibility of raids and further 5-man dungeons, but nothing has been confirmed. In any case it will be quite a while yet, as it is a minority WHO rush to 'end-game', the majority take their time be it to enjoy the content or because they are casual players, and the developer need them to catch up a bit first.
    My personal opinion is that whatever Cryptic can think up, my preference and reason for keep coming back is the Foundry. Too many memories from Neverwinter Nights 1 and the absolute fantastic community surrounding that game. Here's hoping someone starts to recreate all the old DnD modules.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    uriah65 wrote: »
    Have to say I couldn't agree more with Grey. Just because a few self absorbed 15% whatnots have no life and the ability and lack of common sense to spend more $$$ than they should, doesn't mean Cryptic or PWE are not doing a decent job and keeping things on track. If they are foolish enough to bypass the content available and speed to 60, then that's on them to keep themselves entertained.

Sir, its players like you that have killed SWTOR, the devs do not need to listen to players like you. But to players that know mmos and what makes them work. I think it is already to late for Neverwinter. I pin my hopes on Elder Scrolls Online to not listen to the casual Farmville players.

You are a product of the age of entitlement and as such are destroying the mmo genre.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you lose this 70-90% group of players then the game will die, check SWTOR, they screwed it up in exactly the same way.

I will the first one to pronounce fail when it come to TOR, but this isn't accurate, Jeff Hickman said during the last podcast that there are more players and the game is more profitable than it was at launch. People are snatching up cartel packs, like Rednecks snatch up Buds on the 4th of July and honestly that market is huge right now and is showing no signs of diminishing, despite what out of work disgruntled developers say.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I honestly think sandbox elements are the way to go with endgame content. Once players run out of stuff to do, give them the tools to make their own cool stuff happen while they wait.

P.S. Someone should tell Cryptic, but I honestly think they have plenty of time before this becomes an issue.

I honestly think its too late bud, however let us hope that ESO devs understand this.
  • Options
    eseregoneseregon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could run a series of dungeons in a campaign style like back in PnP days. Like the Temple of Elemental Evil that dovetailed into Aerie Series, than lead into the Against the Giants -> Into the Underdark -> Queen of the Demonweb Pits. I know I may be tad rezz'g the dead of nostalgia here, but just an example of possible ideas that could be worked in to "try" apease many seeking rhyme and reason for content that would do well in this game. Faerun is pretty huge with alot of lore, legends, and places to get adventurers lost/in trouble with.
  • Options
    benjaminmsbenjaminms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How was it described again by an former dev of an MMO?... Oh yes, I remember.

'There is an small group of players who rush through all the content as fast as they. They finish it all way before the others, then start complaining that there isn't enough end-game content and demand that the developer(s) cave in to their wish for more endgame content. Thanks to this massive pressure they push, developers are often forced to cave in, neglecting other tasks (such as content for other sections and bugfixing etc) to roll out endgame content.
    This causes other players to leave due to the state of the game (broken/very few content/flaming behaviour from the elitists on the forums/etc) and in the end the elitists leave the game themselves, leaving the game in shambles and broken.
    They're akin to the locusts of gaming: they start on one MMO, destroy it through their demands and behaviour, leave it and rinse and repeat.'

At least, the quote was something like that.
    I hope player types like that won't surface here.
    nezerol_6601.jpg
  • Options
    bigredlunchboxbigredlunchbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's still only beta.. Cant be too picky with endgame content, rather have em focus on getting a working game first. ;)

You make it sound like they coded this game from nothing. They took their old mmorpg software and modded it.
  • Options
    bigredlunchboxbigredlunchbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    benjaminms wrote: »
    How was it described again by an former dev of an MMO?... Oh yes, I remember.

'There is an small group of players who rush through all the content as fast as they. They finish it all way before the others, then start complaining that there isn't enough end-game content and demand that the developer(s) cave in to their wish for more endgame content. Thanks to this massive pressure they push, developers are often forced to cave in, neglecting other tasks (such as content for other sections and bugfixing etc) to roll out endgame content.
    This causes other players to leave due to the state of the game (broken/very few content/flaming behaviour from the elitists on the forums/etc) and in the end the elitists leave the game themselves, leaving the game in shambles and broken.
    They're akin to the locusts of gaming: they start on one MMO, destroy it through their demands and behaviour, leave it and rinse and repeat.'

At least, the quote was something like that.
    I hope player types like that won't surface here.

There isn't enough end game content.. nuff said. If I finish this game in a month i will be sad.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

You are a product of the age of entitlement and as such are destroying the mmo genre.

Wow that is basically what the jerk who sent me a death threat tell said after I won my Inferno Nightmare last night. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    benjaminmsbenjaminms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will the first one to pronounce fail when it come to TOR, but this isn't accurate, Jeff Hickman said during the last podcast that there are more players and the game is more profitable than it was at launch. People are snatching up cartel packs, like Rednecks snatch up Buds on the 4th of July and honestly that market is huge right now and is showing no signs of diminishing, despite what out of work disgruntled developers say.

Only reason is because of people who actually spend money within that ridicilous F2P system. I've played SW:TOR both as an sub and as an former sub, and I can tell you: F2P sucks monkeyballs. It's one of the worst cases of moneygrabbing out there.
    nezerol_6601.jpg
  • Options
    psuedomonaspsuedomonas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well played troll! you made me feed you, but no longer will I play!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    uriah65uriah65 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sir, its players like you that have killed SWTOR, the devs do not need to listen to players like you. But to players that know mmos and what makes them work. I think it is already to late for Neverwinter. I pin my hopes on Elder Scrolls Online to not listen to the casual Farmville players.

I find it funny, that someone who "thinks its too late for NW" is still around and spends this much time on the forums. I don't think you really understand what you speak of and do so just to hear the sound of your own voice, or in this case, the look of the text you type.
    ML_NWN_URIAH_zps9f08b61c.png