test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End-game

morgensteinnmorgensteinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So on Dragon server, there is already a group of guys that are on the last boss of end-game content. Is there plans in the very near future for more end-game? Because within the next month everyone whos got to 60 on a char will have done all the end-game content within 1 or 2 weeks. I just hope we dont have another Tera online fiasco.
Post edited by morgensteinn on

Comments

• Options
    weavingharp9weavingharp9 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's still only beta.. Cant be too picky with endgame content, rather have em focus on getting a working game first. ;)
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    end games foundry. i don't know any 1 that finished all foundry lol
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    gizmosdragongizmosdragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the foundry allowed us to make 5 man content =) this could be changed.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ......................................................sorry error................................................
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ever tried Cypt foundry one (which requires 2-4 man) try that :)
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    ddpearlddpearl Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Play and enjoy the game, go out and rest your eyes from time to time lol. Making such content takes a lot of work and time. If you powerlevel yourself 10+h a day as fast as possible theres no wonder you will get bored soon.
  • Options
    famousamos#6123 famousamos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So on Dragon server, there is already a group of guys that are on the last boss of end-game content. Is there plans in the very near future for more end-game? Because within the next month everyone whos got to 60 on a char will have done all the end-game content within 1 or 2 weeks. I just hope we dont have another Tera online fiasco.

Rush to the end, wait for a while, that's my motto. This is not a hardcore MMORPG. It is casual from what I have seen. End-game has not really be touched up on a lot. That is not to say it won't surface, but let's just say, those guys on the Dragon server who are on the last boss of "end-game content", will probably quit before more content is release. I do hope I eat my words on this, but doubt it.
  • Options
    nerifes88nerifes88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just hope we dont have another Tera online fiasco.

I know of what you speak, and you will always have things like that happen. There are just some people who can't stand to take their time and just enjoy stuff. They gotta be the first to the end and then the first to complain that there's nothing to do.
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hate "endgame" content. Every good game I've played had not "endgame" content. There was no end in there.
  • Options
    verse4verse4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    make end game content yourself: foundry
  • Options
    harsiharsi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elenoe8 wrote: »
    hate "endgame" content. Every good game I've played had not "endgame" content. There was no end in there.

Random-Gif-random-16389614-350-263.gif

what the hell?
  • Options
    morgensteinnmorgensteinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good responses guys, just wanted to get your take. I am not 60 yet, only 25 and in no rush. but this was exactly what happened with tera at launch, end game was way to easy, and it took months and months until they finally released more, and by then 75% of the population was gone.
  • Options
    redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    i guess those levle 60s farmed foundry and pretty much 'spacebared' all the conversations and stories to get to the end.
  • Options
    scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im one of the players at end game, nearly got 9800gs ready for the last boss, im hoping there is more after. We will see, believe it or not if they lose the players that push the limits of there game this game will become no different to the fail cake SWTOR is.

Lets hope they learned from that clusterluck of an mmo.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Good responses guys, just wanted to get your take. I am not 60 yet, only 25 and in no rush. but this was exactly what happened with tera at launch, end game was way to easy, and it took months and months until they finally released more, and by then 75% of the population was gone.

+1 ^this

All the scrubs will moan at players consuming content too quickly little realising if we buggar off as there is nothing else to do when they finally catch up and reach the top they will see no one there to play with or recognise what they have done.

Playing with your peers is what its all about and if there is a void at the top for content then the drop off will eventually hit the average mmo player with zero population and and what is left are bad players, casual players and scrubs.

Be careful PWE keep the decent players entertained...
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Its called Foundry. You create the end-game. Welcome to the Neverwinter type series.
  • Options
    sayassayas Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013

End-game content is simply a name. It is something you do once you max level. Ironically end game content can be relatively "endless."

If there is nothing to do after the initial leveling content, the game will die fast. End-game changes it from a level grind to some other grind like gear, for example.

Do not underestimate its importance.

And I am curious which games that had no end-game content that you enjoyed?
  • Options
    damnkilljoydamnkilljoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nerifes88 wrote: »
    I know of what you speak, and you will always have things like that happen. There are just some people who can't stand to take their time and just enjoy stuff. They gotta be the first to the end and then the first to complain that there's nothing to do.

Tera's endgame fiasco has nothing to do with rushing. I leveled 4 characters to cap, and one who is almost at cap. Once you hit 60 Fane of Kaprima and Balder's Temple became obsolete as people could simply do Argon Corpus. Which basically meant you spam 1-2 dungeons over and over again and the endgame really is to Masterwork all your stuff and get it to +12. I quit because it was the same over and over and over and over and OVER AGAIN.
    It was a trainwreck. And I never rushed to end game content.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    +1 ^this

All the scrubs will moan at players consuming content too quickly little realising if we buggar off as there is nothing else to do when they finally catch up and reach the top they will see no one there to play with or recognise what they have done.

Playing with your peers is what its all about and if there is a void at the top for content then the drop off will eventually hit the average mmo player with zero population and and what is left are bad players, casual players and scrubs.

Be careful PWE keep the decent players entertained...

I have some friends making some packs and have tested some of their work. However the running of foundry quests will get you nothing in terms of progression in term of character or PvE rewards. This is not endgame by any stretch of the imagination and will not hold the attention of players wanting to develop their account.
  • Options
    laere89laere89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tera's endgame fiasco has nothing to do with rushing. I leveled 4 characters to cap, and one who is almost at cap. Once you hit 60 Fane of Kaprima and Balder's Temple became obsolete as people could simply do Argon Corpus. Which basically meant you spam 1-2 dungeons over and over again and the endgame really is to Masterwork all your stuff and get it to +12. I quit because it was the same over and over and over and over and OVER AGAIN.
    It was a trainwreck. And I never rushed to end game content.

That's how WoW end game is. Diablo 3 end game is. Path of Exile end game is. GW2, SWTOR. The list goes on and on for current generation of MMO's.

WoW - Raiding. You farm bosses until the next raid is out.

Diablo 3 - You farm Act 3

Path of Exile - you do races and farm maps

GW2 - dungeons or WvW

SWTOR - same as wow, farm raids until new content

See the pattern. You're going to have to either grind the end-game content, or do other things until more content is released, then rinse and repeeat.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sayas wrote: »
    End-game content is simply a name. It is something you do once you max level. Ironically end game content can be relatively "endless."

If there is nothing to do after the initial leveling content, the game will die fast. End-game changes it from a level grind to some other grind like gear, for example.

Do not underestimate its importance.

And I am curious which games that had no end-game content that you enjoyed?

Very good post.:o

I think PWE has underestimated players ability to consume content AND left the game with chronically low content at max level. The result will see a skill/brain drain at the top end. The guilds trying to complete stuff in a few weeks will be choosing players that are poor teamplayers or have no inclination to learn how to play.

Guilds consuming each other like black holes in a desolate uncaring universe.

Learn from the mistakes Bioware made with SWTOR, KEEP the best mmo players interested at max level!!!!
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no way the devs can make content as fast as people will chew threw it. D&D is about forming a group and playing together. This is where this game will end , with other players making foundry content for other players .
    Original SWG had no ' end game ' , heck it had no ' story ', it was all about interaction with other players. Same thing will eventually happen here .
    If you join an MMO thinking it will be like a console game with new content every time you load in , you will be horribly disappointed.
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013

+1
    Best comment on this topic I have seen in a while
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    laere89 wrote: »
    That's how WoW end game is. Diablo 3 end game is. Path of Exile end game is. GW2, SWTOR. The list goes on and on for current generation of MMO's.

WoW - Raiding. You farm bosses until the next raid is out.

Diablo 3 - You farm Act 3

Path of Exile - you do races and farm maps

GW2 - dungeons or WvW

SWTOR - same as wow, farm raids until new content

See the pattern. You're going to have to either grind the end-game content, or do other things until more content is released, then rinse and repeeat.

Agreed, however the trick is releasing content fast enough to keep maybe not the VERY best mmo players but at least the top 15%. Other wise the drop off in skilful players keeps falling until all your left with is bored housewives that just want to level up their puppy companion... Farmville strikes again.
  • Options
    isukosanisukosan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    But if they add content, let's say in a week or two, only a few people will be able to do it, they will have new weapons/armors and kill everyone in PvP. Is that what you want ? How is it fun and fair for 70% of the gamers ? :/

Or they could add dungeon with no new gear, but people will complain and say, it's useless to do it, no new gear blablabla.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    There is no way the devs can make content as fast as people will chew threw it. D&D is about forming a group and playing together. This is where this game will end , with other players making foundry content for other players .
    Original SWG had no ' end game ' , heck it had no ' story ', it was all about interaction with other players. Same thing will eventually happen here .
    If you join an MMO thinking it will be like a console game with new content every time you load in , you will be horribly disappointed.

True, not for the very VERY best mmos players but you can produce progressive content for the top 20% bracket, sure some of the uber hardcore will be twiddling their thumbs at the endgame but if you can keep the bracket between 75% and 90% happy then you will keep the decent players required to keep guilds together.

Most guilds break up through lack of progression, constantly failing as a team will only stress it out. Sure some guilds survive this but the vast majority cannot take that level of failcake.
  • Options
    wifeaggro13wifeaggro13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    I have some friends making some packs and have tested some of their work. However the running of foundry quests will get you nothing in terms of progression in term of character or PvE rewards. This is not endgame by any stretch of the imagination and will not hold the attention of players wanting to develop their account.

This is the short coming of foundry. its a limited toolset and very hard for devolpers to intergrate into the end game play field. its awesome for lvling new chrs though its a constant stream of new content that keeps leveling feeling fresh
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *** DELETED *** double post.
  • Options
    quovanquovan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    isukosan wrote: »
    But if they add content, let's say in a week or two, only a few people will be able to do it, they will have new weapons/armors and kill everyone in PvP. Is that what you want ? How is it fun and fair for 70% of the gamers ? :/

Or they could add dungeon with no new gear, but people will complain and say, it's useless to do it, no new gear blablabla.

An easy solution to that would be a cosmetic item that shows bragging rights. Alternatively once they get guild housing up, that could be a huge time sink for players at endgame in order to gather the resources needed to improve the guild house or something like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    isukosan wrote: »

You could make it so PvE gear cannot be used in PvE - Problem solved.