Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.14

Comments

• Options
    nortrilennortrilen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dracus wrote: »
    My client isnt updating to NWxxxxxx.14,it stays at NWxxxxxx.13 every time i run the launcher and when i load the game it says can not connect to account server error.Any fix for it?

i have the same problem
  • Options
    gstonecleavergstonecleaver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klaw10 wrote: »
    Clients are still .13 until server is updated:

Scheduled Maintenance 5-2-13 6AM PDT
    Hi all,

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Thursday), 5/2, at 6AM Pacific. The maintenance is scheduled to last two hours.

Please look here for patch notes, which will be up soon.

Thanks!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?175682-Scheduled-Maintenance-5-2-13-6AM-PDT

Just an idea but why not have the game client notify players the server is down rather than letting them think they can log in only to get a timed out error and go searching the forums for an answer.

Thanks.
    G Stonecleaver
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, PW achievements mean jack -- none of the Cryptic games show up on the PW.com profile page in any way.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just an idea but why not have the game client notify players the server is down rather than letting them think they can log in only to get a timed out error and go searching the forums for an answer.

Thanks.
    G Stonecleaver

It does. There is a Server Status icon at the top left and a red message stating the downtimes across the bottom.
  • Options
    naviernavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    First off after maintenance, the patcher for .14 isn't updated its going straight through.. would be nice if they could announce that they need more time to fix the problem.
  • Options
    tahtlongarmstahtlongarms Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heyrogers wrote: »
    Auction House
    • The Auction House will now deliver currency and items through the in-game mail system.

This is, IMO, introducing a bug that wasn't there before.
  • Options
    spec1al1stspec1al1st Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My client stay on .13 too.
  • Options
    u4ikrob1u4ikrob1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KVET - where is this status and downtimes shown at? Is that a forum location, webpage or in the game client?
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NWN just crashed (without any messages) after i bought a 5-hour horse

FYI horse time limit is in-game time, and not real time, so you aren't loosing any time if you aren't logged in.
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    archerofbanisharcherofbanish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why cant people notice that if the server is up or down is shown in the top left corner of the Launcher. Seriously it's not that hard to see.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    u4ikrob1 wrote: »
    KVET - where is this status and downtimes shown at? Is that a forum location, webpage or in the game client?

On my Launcher it seems pretty clear...

Top of window, "Server Status: :mad:"
    Bottom of window, "We will be performing shard maintenance on May 2nd from 6-8 AM PST (1300-1500 UTC). ..."
  • Options
    archerofbanisharcherofbanish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eldarth wrote: »

Bottom of window, "We will be performing shard maintenance on May 2nd from 6-8 AM PST (1300-1500 UTC). ..."
    Thank you for clearly pointing that out. Like I said. It is not hard to see... I don't understand how it is possible not to see if I am perfectly honest.
  • Options
    mygplayermygplayer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Staff have a HUGE doubts, how do I Dungeons? I'm LVL 17 <

* 1 is to be leveling for Arena <pvp <Bg> and earn good items? because I hate to keep picking quest and keep doing.

Another Doubt won 2nd Honor points where I can get the items?
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nbw5022 wrote: »
    i havnt found a need to buy everything with cash/ad/zen. sure, the option is there and im sure it makes things easier for some people. but its definitly not mandatory to have fun. idk if this is a second account but ur profile shows me u only have 10 achievement points so id suggest u play a bit more b4 u complain

reported for cyber stalking.
  • Options
    kalcipher1kalcipher1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've gotten Foundry quests with description(s) in other languages...
  • Options
    semperviviumsempervivium Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    There is a thread about launcher issues and fixes look it up on the forums .

And none of them works ..
  • Options
    bahtogbahtog Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are the Servers down and do they post the server status somewhere and I'm not seeing it?
  • Options
    jag2000jag2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bahtog wrote: »
    Are the Servers down and do they post the server status somewhere and I'm not seeing it?

Looking for the same thing. I'm assuming no green dot means down :D
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heyrogers wrote: »
    The Auction House will now deliver currency and items through the in-game mail system.

Why intentionally make the game less convenient, and thus less fun to play? With the AH immediately accessible from everywhere (including outside the game), why force us to run back to the mail courier?

Shouldn't patches improve the game? This is not an improvement at all. There's already too much mindless running around in this game; why do I have to check in with Sgt. Knox constantly, for example?
  • Options
    lonewolfgklonewolfgk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "My client isnt updating to NWxxxxxx.14,it stays at NWxxxxxx.13 every time i run the launcher and when i load the game it says can not connect to account server error.Any fix for it?"

Same problem for me.

Another problem says servers down 1300-1500 UTC which should be around now, but my server status is green, then when i try to connect i get the above problem as well "every time i run the launcher and when i load the game it says can not connect to account server error."

Also it says it patched but launcher still on NWxxxxxx.13 even though it says it patched to 14. So i am confused now.

Thanks
  • Options
    lonewolfgklonewolfgk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eldarth wrote: »

No its not so clear "eldarth" since my launcher shows server status is green and they still in maintenance. So its confusing if its green but yet server down for maintenance.
  • Options
    capy86capy86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, same thing here. The server icon is green the whole time during maintenance. Even when the shard crashed yesterday, it still showed a green icon. So I can see how people can get confused. Easy enough to see the line at the bottom of the launcher, but maintenance below and green servers above might need fixing.
  • Options
    melonhead85melonhead85 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the servers are still down correct?
    I have the smae issue, server light is green, allows me to update client but in game server cannot connect.
  • Options
    muzikfogmuzikfog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    AH items going through the mail?
    I hope the mail system is being fixed at the same time as it is currently broken with regards to receiving NPC mail.
    Hope they do fix it, deleted 1 message 3 disappeared 2 were duplicated, lost that blue chest that you get at the start of the game because of it. :|
  • Options
    nuno2099nuno2099 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my game patched, but in the end said error 36, a file was locked that could not be open to writing. what does this mean?
    mirroring 1 : nvtt.dll
  • Options
    stewwixstewwix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any eta on the server down time then?
  • Options
    chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should be able to update the game now. However, I don't think the servers are up yet.
  • Options
    capy86capy86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, blue chest is gone. Mail-system dislikes me. Been meaning to ask someone what I lost =/
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can get your blue chest back at founders vendor.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    p3pecz86p3pecz86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all, exist website with neverwinter server status (for check server status,because sometimes icon red green isnt work)? as have example bliz. thanks for reply
This discussion has been closed.