test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.14

heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Performance and Stability
  • Fixed many stability / performance issues in the Foundry, the Queue system, Gateway, and Login. This should improve the overall player experience in each of those features.

Localization
  • Fixed a major issue resulting in unreadable item tooltips in the French language.

Auction House
  • The Auction House will now deliver currency and items through the in-game mail system.
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to sellers not receiving the correct sum of Astral Diamonds when an auction expired without being bought out.

User Interface
  • When viewing stores remotely (for example, when accessing the Wondrous Bazaar from afar), consumable items such as ID Scrolls can now be purchased in bulk.
  • Guild Banks now properly update which of their options are checked on a per-Rank basis, instead of incorrectly showing the same checkmarks across all ranks.

The Foundry
  • Players will no longer occasionally be locked out of all input after using the in-Preview object nudger.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    darthkarmadarthkarma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    constantly seeing disconnected from server every five minutes it seems. during combat my attacks doesn't do any damage to the enemies, causing me to die because of it. my character is being pulled in the opposite direction in which i run. kind of like im teleporting. so of this mission objective doesn't appear like they should. for instance in the beginning when you have to stand in front of the campfire to heal. i had to do that mission at least ten times because when i stood if from of the campfire nothing happened. also it kept booting me from the game all together. i had to do that with every mission thus far and i've done at least five or so missions.
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those all sound like lag issues please look at this thread.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?161081-Pro-Tips-on-Diagnosing-Lag-and-Rubberbanding

Edit: Ok it could be desync/loading issues hopefully update will fix.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    mmowarriormmowarrior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klaw10 wrote: »

I think different issues are getting mixed up.. the rubberbanding a lot of folks are talking about isn't lag and is a bit more than just rubberbanding.. it seems more like you're not loading into the zone properly and the game doesn't know you are there.. you can get half way across the city and POOF you're dropped back at the beginning.. also chat/zoning etc doesn't function..
  • Options
    fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Hope this fix the error-messages I got all day yesterday in Foundry. Was about to wrap up my first big quest. Typicall :|
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Author: @Fugln
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AH items going through the mail?
    I hope the mail system is being fixed at the same time as it is currently broken with regards to receiving NPC mail.
  • Options
    bwill13bwill13 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am still having huge lag spikes in PVP, Dungeons, and everywhere else about every 2 minutes.
  • Options
    jadeofshadowsjadeofshadows Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NWN just crashed (without any messages) after i bought a 5-hour horse, and now i can't login. The client just says "patching" and nothing happens. The button "Cansel" doesn't react, the others (news, forums, suport, etc.). It tells me mine NWN is version <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.13 and not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.14 as it should be.

Ah, i undestood... After the patch "GameClient.exe" was still in processes, but it diesn't work. After ctrl-alt-del the client working again.
  • Options
    damadorrdamadorr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stuck at patching in launcher
  • Options
    dracusdracus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My client isnt updating to NWxxxxxx.14,it stays at NWxxxxxx.13 every time i run the launcher and when i load the game it says can not connect to account server error.Any fix for it?
  • Options
    lexievlexiev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why can't i log in at the launcher, it tells me i used the wrong password or username. ):
  • Options
    coredmcoredm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello. Can not launch the game. appears: imposibile start the Launcher. I have tried all the solutions you listed. I installed and reinstalled the game several times. I downloaded several times. exe file from your link. continues to give me the same error. I would like to play but I can not understand why following your instructions still does not work. you can help me solve this dilemma? Thank you all.
  • Options
    mickaboy72mickaboy72 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, my client is still .13
    i think it doesn't update via laucher.
    is there a way to FORCE UPDATE or MANUAL UPDATE?
  • Options
    coredmcoredm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    White window appears with a message: Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working. does not start the game. I tried again to re-download the file. exe and replaced continues to give me the same problem.
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clients are still .13 until server is updated:

Scheduled Maintenance 5-2-13 6AM PDT
    Hi all,

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Thursday), 5/2, at 6AM Pacific. The maintenance is scheduled to last two hours.

Please look here for patch notes, which will be up soon.

Thanks!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?175682-Scheduled-Maintenance-5-2-13-6AM-PDT
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    klaw10 wrote: »

Nothing against you dude but that thread is absolutely BS. You can't help players that have a near perfect internet connection when they can't connect properly with Cryptic servers.

Through out all four betas and playing from the 25th of april, I've had nothing but rubberbanding. Going though that link was a waste of time but guess what fixed my issue? I recommend everyone with rubberbanding issues to try this.

Go to your launcher /> go options /> should be an option to disable ingame patching /> reset launcher. Enjoy.

You will get the odd rubber banding but not as bad as I was experiencing. I do play from Australia so that lag/rubberbanding is there BUT TRUST me after Ive done that, my gameplay experince is SO MUCH BETTER!
  • Options
    jlasherasjlasheras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heyrogers wrote: »

Auction House
    • The Auction House will now deliver currency and items through the in-game mail system.

Does that make we now receive the game mails correctly?

Now, the mail system sometimes you sold items on AH but don't receive the mail or you receive the mail 501230 days later or when you erase a new email, if this is not fixed yet, i'm sure we lose all items/AD from AH.

Thanks so much,

Greetings.
  • Options
    excision8605excision8605 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How to update my launcher ???:confused:
  • Options
    relbenrelben Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dracus wrote: »
    My client isnt updating to NWxxxxxx.14,it stays at NWxxxxxx.13 every time i run the launcher and when i load the game it says can not connect to account server error.Any fix for it?

Hi, the maintenance hasn't happened yet so being at version .13 is fine.

Regarding connecting, I had that problem and that was due to me picking the 'proxy' 'EU' option in the launcher 'Option' settings. Check that because for me eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com doesn't respond to a ping but eu2.proxy does. When you have the option set, it seems to pick a random proxy and then force connect you. If you get eu1 then your going to time out. If you do have it set to 'EU', then just put it back to 'None'

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have encoutered a problem with foundry which was never fixed in sto version either when you have been playing the game fore a few hours i guess the memory gets tied up cause when you go to foundry it gives this error that it ran out of memory be nice if that one was fixed
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    semperviviumsempervivium Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lucky you guys who can actually open the launcher, mine just tries to autoupdate and times out .. like it has been doing ever since release. :/
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lucky you guys who can actually open the launcher, mine just tries to autoupdate and times out .. like it has been doing ever since release. :/

There is a thread about launcher issues and fixes look it up on the forums .
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please tone down the need to buy everything with cash/ad/zen.
    Respecs need to be either paid for in gold or a sensible amount of AD. The fun of experimenting with your character is almost non existent.
  • Options
    lertslerts Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i had the same problem, on the launcher make sure your set on the us gateway
  • Options
    mlegermleger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just a suggestion, when server's reset the characters last spawn point should be at the last campfire associated with them.

That way when you log back in, your not jumped by 20 orc's
    Thorin Oakenshield - 60 DC | Floki Longarm - 60 TR | Tiny Tank - 60 GWF
    Stand your Ground NW-DNBHK74ML
  • Options
    nbw5022nbw5022 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    please tone down the need to buy everything with cash/ad/zen.
    Respecs need to be either paid for in gold or a sensible amount of AD. The fun of experimenting with your character is almost non existent.

i havnt found a need to buy everything with cash/ad/zen. sure, the option is there and im sure it makes things easier for some people. but its definitly not mandatory to have fun. idk if this is a second account but ur profile shows me u only have 10 achievement points so id suggest u play a bit more b4 u complain
  • Options
    zofinzofin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dracus wrote: »

I have the same problem. Client isn't updating, and i have crash all the time (every two minutes or less). I have game installed on Win8.
  • Options
    sylvanairesylvanaire Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the 'cannot connect to account server error'. I found out it was my virus protection preventing it. Try shutting your virus protection off for a few minutes to allow the update to happen. This worked for me just fine.
  • Options
    dracusdracus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    relben wrote: »
    Hi, the maintenance hasn't happened yet so being at version .13 is fine.

Regarding connecting, I had that problem and that was due to me picking the 'proxy' 'EU' option in the launcher 'Option' settings. Check that because for me eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com doesn't respond to a ping but eu2.proxy does. When you have the option set, it seems to pick a random proxy and then force connect you. If you get eu1 then your going to time out. If you do have it set to 'EU', then just put it back to 'None'

Hope this helps!

That helped!!!..Thx alot!
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    AH items going through the mail?
    I hope the mail system is being fixed at the same time as it is currently broken with regards to receiving NPC mail.

I agree, the mail system does not display for me correctly.. and It seems to be not working at all.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nbw5022 wrote: »
    i havnt found a need to buy everything with cash/ad/zen. sure, the option is there and im sure it makes things easier for some people. but its definitly not mandatory to have fun. idk if this is a second account but ur profile shows me u only have 10 achievement points so id suggest u play a bit more b4 u complain

I do not see how your achievements matter when they are in another game... ?
This discussion has been closed.