test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Guide] ==> Microsoft XBOX Controller for Windows Configuration <==

Comments

• waterdhavianwaterdhavian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Make sure that you have Xbox controller enabled and joystick disabled in the Controller section of the Options panel.

Where can i find that section the options panel (assuming you mean options panel in game right)
    I have bought xpadder and have set it up.
    It works as configured in windows but looses all functionality when i am inside neverwinter.

Can someone tell me what else i need to do?

I am all set to go so hoping for a fast reply :D

Does anyone have their xbox controller with xpadder working in Open Beta?
  • waterdhavianwaterdhavian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i found the problem for those might experience the same problem. Start Xpadder as administrator and that will instantly fix your problem.
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I refuse to spend cash on a third party software just to use a feature which was in the game but is now removed.
  • xiaolinsolxiaolinsol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why is this post still stickied? OP doesn't work you have to use xpadder or some other 3rd party software to use a controller
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in the hopes that Cryptic put back controller support perhaps?
  • obitussssobitussss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game is almost perfect to be played with a controller, I personally was really hoping for that feature to be available (I`ve got my controller fully setup in Star Trek Online as well)
  • wrekognizewrekognize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    So I bought Xpadder since the info at the beginning of the post did not work. I've got most of my buttons set up and it seams to work fine, but I'm wondering on how to be able to hold my left bumper and hit another button to perform like say 4 for my potions set up? Do I go into advance on Xpadder and do a hold/ pause? Can anyone with Xpadder help me?
  • foxtrot302foxtrot302 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also wanted to pop in and say that I really hope that they enable it again. I'm planning on buying the Nvidia Shield Portable Console and I'd love for Neverwinter to be one of the games that I can play on it. The games have to have built-in support for the controller (can't use 3rd party utilities like Xpadder). So my vote is to put it back in.
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    I refuse to spend cash on a third party software just to use a feature which was in the game but is now removed.

its also on BT for free
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder why they would disable the built-in controller support. Seems like this game just screams to be used with a controller. I'm a mouse/keyboard player and even I was thinking of trying out a controller until I read this thread.
  • ozzilupoozzilupo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    I wonder why they would disable the built-in controller support. Seems like this game just screams to be used with a controller. I'm a mouse/keyboard player and even I was thinking of trying out a controller until I read this thread.

They disabled it to polish it up a bit more then they will re-enable it again. :)
  • t0b1nt0b1n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »

I can totally understand this, felt the same way. But I must admit the access to the forums you get for spending the $10 is well worth it. Thousands of premade profiles and counting and the community is great. VERY friendly and helpful. There's even a Request thread for new games as they come out and members share their work. I've used it now for about 6months and its saved me a lot of aggravation.
  • xiaolinsolxiaolinsol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still dont understand why this thread is stickied, there is NO controller support for this game.
  • slayer40008slayer40008 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My girlfriend and I both use an old logitech controller and the xpadder program and it works just fine. The xpadder program is very easy to configure, and will even identify about any gamepad. Just make sure in your Windows Control Panel it shows up as a 360 controller.
  • huntinghawk001huntinghawk001 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not sure why I have not seen any one mention (Pinnacle Game Profiler) on here when everyone asks about controllers,
    works great. No assigning keys or any thing. Make sure you get (fractalbase) profile.. Done deal
  • faluzure1faluzure1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ozzilupo wrote: »
    They disabled it to polish it up a bit more then they will re-enable it again. :)

Anyone know when we will see controller support? Release is in 8 days, and it wasn't listed on the big patch notes.
  • orderedchaos1620orderedchaos1620 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My Xpadder setup is working well for this game on an xbox controller
    L+R triggers are at-wills L+R bumpers are shift key skill and Jump
    D pad order is up=mount left,down,right are 4,5,6 belt items
    L stick directions are WASD left stick click is daily 1(the click also works as a quest accept button in npc menus)
    R Stick is mouse control R stick clicks Daily 2
    start/select are Tab power and Alt key
    X Y B are encounters 1,2,3 and A is loot/interact
    I feel comfortable this setup with for everything except typing(obviously) and tying to navigate menus once opened
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i have the wireless xbox controller since long ago but will wait for native support since i tried xpadder and other tools and i think i either suck at setting them up or well are not working properly always weird movements or strange options
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • apropos2fireapropos2fire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    I certainly hope the devs don't waste valuable time and resources in trying to implement support for controllers that should be plugged into their respective consoles.
    I was pointed here from another thread so I hope this isn't covered below... however:

My Logitech G13 Gamepad controller is *designed* for PC use and I haven't been able to use it yet. So the devs won't be wasting their time. Happy? (Sorry for the snark, I've gotten very used to my G13 in other games and am having a hard time with the keyboard alone.)

mili

keywords: Logitech, G13, gamepad
  • apropos2fireapropos2fire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not sure why I have not seen any one mention (Pinnacle Game Profiler) on here when everyone asks about controllers,
    works great. No assigning keys or any thing. Make sure you get (fractalbase) profile.. Done deal

Tried this one, (Pinnacle Game Profiler) but after several attempts at importing the fractalbase profile the game still is not responding to my G13. I tried it running as admin and not, using XBox and XBox2 emulations (the 1st XBox seemed to be the only one I could actually get pre-configured keys -- I configured the XBox2 manually). Not sure if Cryptic has blocked this app but it seems like it has.

mili

Edit: On first starting up PGP, it didn't map out my G13 keys correctly and didn't detect the joystick calibration. When I imported fractabase profile, it was configured for my G13 keys properly - the game just didn't detect the presses or joystick.

Edit2: Also, FYI - it appears to be a time-limited application - it reports "Trial: Day 1 of 20". Since it hasn't worked yet, I haven't checked the cost to unlock full functionality.

keywords: Logitech, G13, gamepad, Pinnacle, Game, Profiler
  • floweringicefloweringice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have gotten my Logtech controller to work using Pinnacle. I just need to figure out how to modify it to match my gaming style and it will be a lot better than the key board.

A controller is almost a must for us left handed people who have to reach across their body to use the mouse and keyboard.
  • haviketernalhaviketernal Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Xpadder is so much easier to use
  • mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have gotten my Logtech controller to work using Pinnacle. I just need to figure out how to modify it to match my gaming style and it will be a lot better than the key board.

A controller is almost a must for us left handed people who have to reach across their body to use the mouse and keyboard.

you know that you can change the keybinds right?
  • floweringicefloweringice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tried that and had problems with it sticking and remembering which keys are which and doing it where it fits.
  • thunderxbearthunderxbear Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm curious. Has anyone used this and found it to be advantageous? I'd really consider trying this out if so.
  • wintersmith7wintersmith7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm setting up my Logitech F310 for use with neverwinter, and I set up the controls, and it works (ie it functions at the login/patching screnn) until I reach the character selection screen then it doesent. Does anyone have any idea why this occurred?
  • slayer40008slayer40008 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm setting up my Logitech F310 for use with neverwinter, and I set up the controls, and it works (ie it functions at the login/patching screnn) until I reach the character selection screen then it doesent. Does anyone have any idea why this occurred?

I had the same problem when I got my gamepad, The solution is simple. Download "xpadder.exe" (google search it) and run it. Its free but I hear the creator does accept donations. Run it and It is very easy to configure (Took me about 2 minutes) because must of the basic controls are already in the list of options(ie: WSAD, Mouse movements etc...). After configuring your gamepad, Save the profile for Neverwinter, then minimize xpadder and start the game. Works Great. I've been using it for a couple of months and have had no problems. It Also works on about any other game that doesn't have gamepad support. if you are a avid gamer it is a good program to have.
    NOTE: Your Logitech gamepad will show up as an Xbox 360 controller, That's OK. Your computer won't know the difference.
  • ulmo3ulmo3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah xpadder works perfectly well... I paid about 9.99 for it.. online..
  • seantierseantier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tried this one, (Pinnacle Game Profiler) but after several attempts at importing the fractalbase profile the game still is not responding to my G13. I tried it running as admin and not, using XBox and XBox2 emulations (the 1st XBox seemed to be the only one I could actually get pre-configured keys -- I configured the XBox2 manually). Not sure if Cryptic has blocked this app but it seems like it has.

mili

Edit: On first starting up PGP, it didn't map out my G13 keys correctly and didn't detect the joystick calibration. When I imported fractabase profile, it was configured for my G13 keys properly - the game just didn't detect the presses or joystick.

Edit2: Also, FYI - it appears to be a time-limited application - it reports "Trial: Day 1 of 20". Since it hasn't worked yet, I haven't checked the cost to unlock full functionality.

keywords: Logitech, G13, gamepad, Pinnacle, Game, Profiler

I use my G13 with the Logitech software.. macros, bindings, joystick.. all work like a charm..
  • blackcraftherblackcrafther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I been trying to make my gamepad work with xpadder but even tho i get it to work in the launcher screen, once the game lunches it stops woriking.

Any one knows what am i doing wrong?