What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher stuck on white screen "Loading. Please wait."

Comments

• Options
    ravyn47ravyn47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For those asking, the Launcher issues are related to the web hosting of the Launcher page. We're working on redirecting to another page!

From their twitter page.
  • Options
    murdantemurdante Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    anyone have fix people are asking? the fix should be with cryptic no our ends. managed to patch atleast whit white background black text and then no button to press play, closed the window started again as admin , white endless emptiness. guess we have to wait until they post some fix on it.

by no means us running the game with some trick is not the way to go . when we need to trick the game to run its already failed.
  • Options
    kilza1otkilza1ot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rpg141 wrote: »
    I used Search, I don't have GameClient.exe, I managed to log in somehow but when I log in it says logging in please wait and than white screen returns.

Yeah, exact same thing happens to me... It HAS to be on their side if everyone is getting this issue, was just on skype with two of my friends from Canada and their playing right now... I live in the united states... so I have no idea whats going on.
  • Options
    thetruelibrathetruelibra Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having the same problem =(
  • Options
    rpg141rpg141 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ravyn47 wrote: »
    For those asking, the Launcher issues are related to the web hosting of the Launcher page. We're working on redirecting to another page!

From their twitter page.
    Only thing they didn't said is how long is it going to last.
  • Options
    lostinherdreamslostinherdreams Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maybe this is just me, but shouldn't a game, on it's first day of 'release', make people excited? Right now, they're only making people frustrated. They're off to a really bad start, in my opinion... This was their most important day, and they messed up.
  • Options
    eight5eight5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So I just searched gameclient, and started that as an admin: 'Unable to find required Game Data Files. If this problem persists, reinstalling the application may fix this problem.' ...Thing is, I just reinstalled it. I didn't even HAVE a Gameclient before then.
  • Options
    stragglerekstragglerek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    diablo 3 nightmare is back
  • Options
    xxchurchxxxxchurchxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rpg141 wrote: »
    Only thing they didn't said is how long is it going to last.

well if they actually gave some info 1 hour after open beta release. then it shouldnt take long
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    eight5 wrote: »
    So I just searched gameclient, and started that as an admin: 'Unable to find required Game Data Files. If this problem persists, reinstalling the application may fix this problem.' ...Thing is, I just reinstalled it. I didn't even HAVE a Gameclient before then.
    So we should reinstall?
  • Options
    elthorikelthorik Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah same problem here, submitted a ticket.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Maybe this is just me, but shouldn't a game, on it's first day of 'release', make people excited? Right now, they're only making people frustrated. They're off to a really bad start, in my opinion... This was their most important day, and they messed up.

and for all those who are going to say , hey give them a break its open beta or first day for big public but hey guess what. making game so long atleast make it work so it can carry players alteast play one character 10minutes. leaving some players hanging on launcher,,erm white window is not way to go. =)
  • Options
    fourouxfouroux Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same as others here as well......no .exe file and the launcher showing "Loading.Please wait." indefinitely....

Anyone even close of fixing the problem or any updates from the officials?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I reran the setup, and even that gave an error halfway through...
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey all, if you're having trouble getting the launcher to load, we've been experiencing high load on the web server that hosts the launcher page. We're working on a redirect and it should be fixed soon!

Please check this post for updates: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Updated-here

Thanks for your patience!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    thetruelibrathetruelibra Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yea, I was thinking the same exact thing xD This is like the problem diablo 3 had when it launched.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    At least admin or what ever he is contacted us. Yay!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I can log in
  • Options
    spittfyre72spittfyre72 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    if im allowed to be tad selfish here ive got 2 days off from work and open beta should not have start on better day, first day off, atleast fix it for tomorrow i personally ask! ;)
  • Options
    aurwangraurwangr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So when you use the game client in the live-folder you get directly into the game but will notice that the account servers are currently not working
  • Options
    gaettuskgaettusk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hmm 10char
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I've been able to login now, though the screen is still completely white with black text. I don't think that's how it's supposed to be, but hey, at least it's patching now!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I could log in a minute ago, but then it crashed and a message appeared ˝What happened during the crash˝, or something like that, and I taught ˝Well, I was clipping my toe nails˝. I started the launcher again, and guess what WHITE SCREEN IS BACK!
  • Options
    therious123therious123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OMG There is a HORRIBLE feedback from the admins. Can;t they see that there are so many ppl having the same problems (myself included). This is BY FAR THE WORST FEEDBACK, PLAYER SUPPORT I HAVE SEEN. EVER.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    yeh, i patched it with white background black text mode aswell, only way to actually go to login screen is to go to live folder run the gameclient and after login, account servers timed out. so story so far.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    OMG There is a HORRIBLE feedback from the admins. Can;t they see that there are so many ppl having the same problems (myself included). This is BY FAR THE WORST FEEDBACK, PLAYER SUPPORT I HAVE SEEN. EVER.

I feel your pain, btw I also have the problem.
  • Options
    sadashasadasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    still the eternal white screen for me :(
  • Options
    yarriinyarriin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Updated-here

they're working on it, chill your bleeding *** bro
  • Options
    imacolattaimacolatta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well what a big surprise!!! The big countdown ends annnnnnnnnd boom the whole launcher crashes. I also tried to open the game in the folder and although it did launch it stopped there. could not get into character screen.