test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher stuck on white screen "Loading. Please wait."

mastertalemastertale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
when i click on the neverwinter program to launch it brings up the launcher but the launcher just sits there with a white screen saying "Loading. Please Wait." and i let it sit there for about 30 mins and it wont change.

It worked fine for me a few hours ago all i did was restart my computer and now it wont load, i cant log on or do anything.

~Advice~?
Post edited by mastertale on

Comments

• Options
    sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Getting this as well. Not sure :/.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ive restarted my computer a few times, ive allowed it through my firewall and ive cleared all my temp files/ did the " ipconfig /flushdns " in the cmd screen

still not working
  • Options
    argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Getting this as well. Worked fine yesterday and this morning when I checked in to download any patches, but now just a white box.

edit:

Just used the launcher in the folder and it worked fine. Appears that it is just the desktop shortcut giving me the white box.
  • Options
    myrellomyrello Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Having the same issue as well, but using the launcher from the folder isn't working for me unfortunately
  • Options
    ranarkranark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same problem here.
    Happened right after I disabled on demand patching
  • Options
    boomxcarrotboomxcarrot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Run the launcher as administrator
  • Options
    raulmraulm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Having this issue also, running as admin does not seem to help. I'm reinstalling.
  • Options
    hidesnclosethidesncloset Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have reinstalled NW three times now and still not working. I click on the NW icon on my desktop and nothing happens. I open up task manager and see it running but not even the launcher comes up. I am on Window 8. I have tried running as administrator but still nothing. I uninstalled and used revo to get rid of everything downloaded the game client again and still nothing loads.
  • Options
    yido12yido12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
    edited March 2013
    I have reinstalled NW three times now and still not working. I click on the NW icon on my desktop and nothing happens. I open up task manager and see it running but not even the launcher comes up. I am on Window 8. I have tried running as administrator but still nothing. I uninstalled and used revo to get rid of everything downloaded the game client again and still nothing loads.

The login and patch servers are offline, If you go into your game folder and run just the client in /live folder, It will say so after you try to login to the game
  • Options
    rithraemrithraem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yido12 wrote: »
    The login and patch servers are offline, If you go into your game folder and run just the client in /live folder, It will say so after you try to login to the game

That sucks. Is it a scheduled downtime or are the servers full? Do we know anything?
  • Options
    mythdrannor32mythdrannor32 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    same here.. was workign fine and logged into Beta weekedn 3 at launch. took a break and cannot get in.
    A window opens with res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm
    Stormfyre03-1.png
  • Options
    arnhemsmeisjearnhemsmeisje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    In the folder you installed the game in, there is a map called Neverwinter then click live. In that map you will find an icon called GameClient.exe. That did the trick for me after getting the white screen.

Now I am waiting to get into the account server, a whole other issue :-(
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In the folder you installed the game in, there is a map called Neverwinter then click live. In that map you will find an icon called GameClient.exe. That did the trick for me after getting the white screen.

Now I am waiting to get into the account server, a whole other issue :-(

whenever i tried that it just left me stuck at the waiting to get into account server forever. i got my launcher to start working after i shut my computer off and restarted my modem/router idk what the issue was but it fixxed itself after i did the reset
  • Options
    rithraemrithraem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am really surprised there isn't more documentation about this on the forums. Maybe it is only a small number of us having this problem?

Hopefully someone can provide us with some information or help to getting this solved. The first day of the beta is already gone.
  • Options
    zhielzhiel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Run the launcher as administrator

That fixed it for me, thanks! :D
  • Options
    jderachejderache Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's not stuck. You just need to wait longer. I did for about 10-20 minutes and it worked. Just watch a movie during that time and relax :)
  • Options
    fukkyouniggafukkyounigga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Shouldnt we be able to play the whole weekend? What happened why is there no official statement about that? :confused:

PS: How on earth can I change my forum name? I cant reverse that stupid misstake and the support wont answer my emails. :(
  • Options
    lawl0lawl0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    None of the solutions seem to be working for me :S

In addition, on the 'logging in, please wait...' screen there's a 'There was a problem with creating your account. Please try again. If this problem persists, please contact customer service.'
  • Options
    rpg141rpg141 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I tried all of solutions except that with GameClient.exe, because I don't have that .exe in my D:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live folder nor in piggs folder that's inside Live folder. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    zoubazzoubaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yeah me2 exactly the same with rpg but i also got a script error
  • Options
    xingbairongxingbairong Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rpg141 wrote: »
    I tried all of solutions except that with GameClient.exe, because I don't have that .exe in my D:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live folder nor in piggs folder that's inside Live folder. Any suggestions?

Are you sure that is the correct folder. I mean check Cryptic Studios folder. It should be 3.71GB.
    Also you can use the windows search option. Just type GameClient and it should display it for you ;)
  • Options
    sadashasadasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's doing that to me too, and before I can even fill out the 'why it crashed' the crash reporter closes down, too
  • Options
    gormzmcgee300gormzmcgee300 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Open Beta just launched today. Could be why?
  • Options
    choranthchoranth Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same thing here. Running it on Windows 7. Launching as admin works but it does not load images.
  • Options
    ochoyborokochoyborok Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When im starting GameClient.exe my version is NW.1.20130416a.11 "connection to the server time out" launcher only white screen :c
  • Options
    xzystencexzystence Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yep, same f'n problem. White screen, saw some crashes right away the first time i ran it.
  • Options
    flameraider1flameraider1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Same issue, so I guess its a thing lol
  • Options
    xzystencexzystence Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It worked fine yesterday. I logged off, no crashes - no problems. Been playing and BETA testing for a while now. Problem must be on their side, like I said it worked fine 12 hours ago :/
  • Options
    kilza1otkilza1ot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same thing is happening to me, says "Loading, please wait" Then just sits there for a bit, then after that, it disappears and is just a box of white sitting on my screen. Waited for 30 minutes, finally went to Google to see if anyone else is having this problem, obviously yes.

Anyone have a definitive fix?
  • Options
    rpg141rpg141 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I used Search, I don't have GameClient.exe, I managed to log in somehow but when I log in it says logging in please wait and than white screen returns.