test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Open Beta begins April 30, 2013!

Comments

• dragonden2dragonden2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    killtheory wrote: »
    i was in beta 3 weekend will i be able to play this weekend? if no is there any website for beta #4 key

But before then, we will have an additional Beta Weekend Four, from April 12-14, to polish and test features which will be available during Open Beta. Here is just some of what players will experience during the next Beta Weekend:

- First opportunity to experience Neverwinter's Profession System
    - Explore one or all four different types of professions: Leadership, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing, and Leatherworking.
    - Play through 50 levels of content, including improvements based on feedback from Beta Weekend Three.
    -If y ou played in Beta Weekend Three and are a Neverwinter Founder, you can continue your progress and grow even stronger!

so to ur question yes u can!!!!!!!!!!!

The question I have is what time is the server going to available to start playing for both the closed bata weekend 4 and the open bata....we all know the dates we now need to know the time?????
  • tomius0tomius0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello, I have a question about that open beta.
    Open beta will start 30th and my question is: Will there be some pause (one, two days) between open beta and full start or will it just take one maintenance after few days of open beta and "here you go play and enjoy"?
  • loxxxollloxxxolloxxxollloxxxol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    Due to my chronical illness I missed all the CB weekends :(. Have to wait for the OBT now. OK, time flies when you are havig none! (national joke here ;-)

CYA all ingame!
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Due to my chronical illness I missed all the CB weekends :(. Have to wait for the OBT now. OK, time flies when you are havig none! (national joke here ;-)

CYA all ingame!

:) Aye see ye there! Hope you are feeling better, mate.
  • kwittyerbeechinkwittyerbeechin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    30 Helen's want to know when the servers will go live on the 25th?
  • zzyatpwzzyatpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    You will keep your characters when we begin Open Beta for early access on April 25th.

is that means we can keep characters from open beta to game release? or the "keep" just means April 25th to open beta?
  • armik99armik99 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ok i understand open beta no character wipes. so before the game goes live will there be a character wipe or i can still play my toon?
  • my420kushmy420kush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Whoop Whoop Can't wait. Much Clown Love, Juggalos
    Where Evil Roams and Demons Play, That's where noble men have dared and lay silent among the ashes.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zzyatpw wrote: »
    is that means we can keep characters from open beta to game release? or the "keep" just means April 25th to open beta?

After April 25th everything is permanent. It's part of why they gave us the 5-day head start, as this open Beta is considered a "soft launch" of sorts . . . sort of like a store opening for business, yet celebrating it's OFFICIAL grand opening some weeks later :) The store's still there, and so is it's stuff, but a ceremony just makes it all official. So once we create toons on the 25th and after, we keep them for the rest of the time we play the game :)
  • zzyatpwzzyatpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    is that true? could any official staff state it pls? i only participated in the open beta of d3 before. in my exp, normally, there should be a reset at the end of open beta.
  • xunlimitedxunlimited Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    zzyatpw wrote: »
    is that true? could any official staff state it pls? i only participated in the open beta of d3 before. in my exp, normally, there should be a reset at the end of open beta.

That question has been answer multiple time...
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cool stuff can't wait to go jump into the primordial pit and find my pal jarlaxle
  • q8pvpq8pvp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im new guyz and i register for this game did i get the key or i can f2p this game ??
  • bak0nbak0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited April 2013
    They sent a message out saying founders start 5 or 3 days early vs. the 30th start. There will be no wipe. Otherwise why would they start our "head start" on open beta just to wipe us again?
  • pat13ntzeropat13ntzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Were we given a time when the game will open on the 25th? 12:00pm Pacific? Midnight? I can haz details pweeze :) Need to request days off lol!
    edited April 2013
    Were we given a time when the game will open on the 25th? 12:00pm Pacific? Midnight? I can haz details pweeze :) Need to request days off lol!

Just do what I do during a game release. I take off 1 week before launch and 3 weeks after. 1 month should be sufficient for creating a character :)
  • beastripperbeastripper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is awesome. I have been waiting so long for the open beta to happen. Thanks!
  • mogkashmogkash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Outstanding!
  • arlee1arlee1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone know what time we can log in once open beta starts? Meaning will Heroes of the North be able to log in at midnight on 4/25, Guardians at midnight on 4/27, and everyone else at midnight 4/30? I would assume whatever time it is would be PDT.

Anywho if anyone knows it would be helpful, thanks :)
    edited April 2013
    arlee1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time we can log in once open beta starts? Meaning will Heroes of the North be able to log in at midnight on 4/25, Guardians at midnight on 4/27, and everyone else at midnight 4/30? I would assume whatever time it is would be PDT.

Anywho if anyone knows it would be helpful, thanks :)

I do not "know" - this is just a guess. But every time we have had Beta, the servers have been launching at 1300 PDT. If they hold to that pattern for the open beta launch, then 1300 PDT would make sense. Generally that gives the devs time to get to work that morning and make final preparations until lunch, then launch once they stuff their faces :) At least that is how I would do it.
  • arlee1arlee1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's a good point. I REALLY hope they don't do that though. I am moving the day my I get my head start and it's quite possible I won't have internet to log on at all until 4/29 :(
    edited April 2013
    arlee1 wrote: »
    That's a good point. I REALLY hope they don't do that though. I am moving the day my I get my head start and it's quite possible I won't have internet to log on at all until 4/29 :(

Ugh. I hate moving. Good luck with that. Hope they get your net up with great speed. :)
  • shammusshammus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter will enter Open Beta on April 30, 2013!

Our upcoming free-to-play action MMORPG will be fully open to the public on April 30, 2013. Millions of brave adventurers will soon be able to defend the city of Neverwinter against Valindra Shadowmantle and hordes of other creatures who threaten the Forgotten Realms.

How would you like to play before anyone else? Neverwinter Founders will have exclusive early access to the game before the general public. Get a head start and lead the charge!

Hero of the North Founder's Pack: Five-day early access - play on April 25th!
    Guardian of Neverwinter Pack: Three-day early access - play on April 27th.
    Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th.

Learn more about Open Beta and Beta Weekend Four here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741

Are you excited for Neverwinter Open Beta? Let us know by leaving a comment!

Any thoughts to letting Neverwinter Starter Kit founders get in on the 28th or 29th a day or two early. Seems like a resonable request for a 20 dollar investment?
  • owensmowensm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Very exciting news!!!
  • omicron0099omicron0099 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A day early would be nice, 2 days early and that would probably make the Guardian pack not worth it.
    Guardian of Neverwinter Giveaway - overpower3d.com
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Part 4 of Foundry Manual is out.

You can update your knowledge of foundry while waiting for launch.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?116961-Community-Foundry-Manual&p=1728221&viewfull=1#post1728221
  • pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone know if all the unlockable stuff, like the mounts, companions and races and whatnot, will be available for the 5 day headstart/open beta time period?

I'm planning my main to be a drow, so if the Menzwhatever isn't unlocked yet, then the 5 day headstart is kinda pointless for me (and I'm sure pretty much everyone else who bought a HotN pack). Also, I want my wolf.

And why is it Open Beta if a) there's no wipe, and b) everything is pretty much live...? I must be missing something.
  • colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pion01 wrote: »
    Anyone know if all the unlockable stuff, like the mounts, companions and races and whatnot, will be available for the 5 day headstart/open beta time period?

I'm planning my main to be a drow, so if the Menzwhatever isn't unlocked yet, then the 5 day headstart is kinda pointless for me (and I'm sure pretty much everyone else who bought a HotN pack). Also, I want my wolf.

And why is it Open Beta if a) there's no wipe, and b) everything is pretty much live...? I must be missing something.

As far as I know everything will be available even during the 5 days of early access. They call it open beta because there are technically things that still need to be fixed, but since the game is free that basically counts as official release.
  • jonddnjonddn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    And any word on game client? Can we just keep the one we have now and patch/update it like we did for BW's or will we have to download a new one for Open Beta next week?
    "Kobold smells all! Kobold Omnisniffient!" - Tuga? North Trail Wants You! - North! Always!
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jonddn wrote: »
    And any word on game client? Can we just keep the one we have now and patch/update it like we did for BW's or will we have to download a new one for Open Beta next week?

Neverwinter Twitter feed says patch the current client.