test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogue diety

13»

Comments

• Options
    wardenmwardenm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    All this Mask is dead stuff.........Well The Sundering is going to take place and bring them all back. Wizards of the Coast is correcting all the things they screwed up with the Sundering.......or trying to. Read up on it going to be interesting times in the Realms.

It's also a matter of timeframe though, and keeping things matching lore to the year they've chosen to set the game in. I agree that it sucks (Helm was always my favorite and was kinda sad to see him go!), but we can't really fault Cryptic for not breaking lore just because it'd be convenient for us. =/ They've already said they'll expand the selection a bit, and there's still a fair bit of variety left. ^_^
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    A newer rogue deity thread has just been merged here-in. If a few posts seem out of place, this may be why.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    A newer rogue deity thread has just been merged here-in. If a few posts seem out of place, this may be why.

That be why I got two posts saying the same thing in here then!
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I always chose Kelemvor, because he is "The Lord of the Dead". I figured that an assassin type of rogue would favor him more than the other choices in the game. Yeah I know assassin is not in, but that was not my call. :P

They really need to add Tymora in. She is a wonderful catch all choice for any adventurer. They are looking at adding in some evil deities and really need to do so. Cyric is a great choice for a rogue, he is banished not dead. IMO Bane and Lovitar should be added as pretty traditional evil choices as well.

Edit: For the record, Mask being reincarnated as well is a fantastic idea. It would be very nice to see WotC allow Neverwinter Online to contribute to the overarching lore with this being the main story line in the next expansion or something. But I do feel that it needs to be a major story line thing in the game to warrant such impact on the FR lore, at the very least an expansion main theme and plot line.
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    argantis wrote: »
    I always chose Kelemvor, because he is "The Lord of the Dead".
    They really need to add Tymora in. She is a wonderful catch all choice for any adventurer.
    Personally I am not interested to worship Kelemvor with none of my characters though I have nothing against him. Tymora yeah agree on that wish!

I do not pay and I want to roll a Rogue and a Cleric in Open Beta. I already tried Dwarf Cleric in third Beta Weekend:
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Actually I like so much Selune that even my Dwarf worships Selune. I made a dwarf Devout Cleric in the third Beta Weekend. Selune is goddess of Moon, but also worshipped by many neutral and good lycantrophes(Wererats, Werewolves etc).

Malar is an evil God that is worshipped by many evil lycantrophes. I would guess most lycanthrophes in this game worship Malar. This is typical Werewolf Malar worshippers philosophy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjW09R47rGs
  • Options
    kaelon79kaelon79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    Tymora is on the list of dieties now! :)
  • Options
    nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tymora really is the diety for rogues everywhere!
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tymora isn't a greater deity so that opens the gates to a lot more options in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]