test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5 man Dungeons need a change

faileanfailean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The 5 man dungeons that are lv 15-19 20-24 and so on need to be changed. I understand a lv min but it should be lv 15 and up so that everyone can play. This makes content useless imo. Please change this as it will make the game more social. If it has been changed thx if not post here to get the dev's notice.
Post edited by failean on

Comments

• altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Meh. I'm on the fence about it.

On the one hand, I like that they're trying to prevent dungeon-runners - people who hire out a max level to massacre everyone in the dungeon and get them free loots.

On the other hand, couldn't they just scale down higher level characters to the level of the dungeon? Granted, in such an event, it would be entirely for social purposes.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    altyre wrote: »
    On the one hand, I like that they're trying to prevent dungeon-runners - people who hire out a max level to massacre everyone in the dungeon and get them free loots.

Who cares? What impact does it have if someone's level 15 alt gets speedrun through a dungeon?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • weelildragonweelildragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If people can be powerlevelled like that less, people will want to go through the effort of making a good party. ---> harder to find people for normal parties ---> more people doing a powerlevel, because its getting harder and harder to find a good party ---> less skilled players because everyone is getting powerlevelled ---> hard to make a proper low level party ---> more people want a powerlevel, because of the lack of skillfull players, etc.

It's a vicious cycle.

Though I suppose there could be a middle ground. Though people should be able to find people their own level easy when the game starts. So it's really a worry for later.
  • faileanfailean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So you got your 2 Chars (free to play) or 3-5(founders) you go past lv 19 and now your lv 20 you can never play that Dungeon again because its only 15-19 unless you delete your char to start over. This is just plan Dumb. If i want to help other guild members run a Dungeon i should be able to and plus i would like to run everything in the game and not be scared if i over lv.
  • maddllamamaddllama Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes this must be changed. What if my wife and I want to try and 2-man the dungeon as a challenge? You can't... even if you walk up to the front doors. You are automatically put into a 5-man party. Most people you team with have done the content before and thye like to speed-run it. I like to take my time.

Also, what if I have a new guildie and I want to run them through it to show them the content. What harm is it causing? This is not power-levelling, it is being social and showing people content they would rather not do in a PUG. If they get some great items to use, then I am happy for them. They are being penalized by not getting xp. This has been a staple of most MMO's.

If you feel left out because this seems unfair, then join a guild that will take care of you and introduce you to content in a social way though a good 5-man dungeon crawl, a high-level run-through, or a 3-man just over the level cap run through.
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

My campaign: The Madness Plague.
    My quest: Blacklake Gold

My guild: "The Older" Age 30+, Casual
  • roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    No it should not be changed at all. Weelildragon touched on one good point but not the biggest you all seem to just overlook. power level;ing/power running people through a dungeon destroys a economy. plain and simple. short term and worse at long term. and would also have a very bad effect on the f2p concept ( yes they do need to make money id scrolls potions etc.)
    If a player can just get powered through a dungeon an get multi blues, greens, pots, scrolls then why would anyone use the AH? it badly hurts the tradeing and therefore the overall game exp. so NO itis perfect.
  • shroommageshroommage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do they have a max level version of each dungeon? If so then everything's cherry.
  • sirqussirqus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28
    edited April 2013
    http://offers.perfectworld.com/
    Earn some ZEN and buy some more char slots.
  • faileanfailean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    shroommage wrote: »
    Do they have a max level version of each dungeon? If so then everything's cherry.

no just only the time between each dungeon 4 levels then never again on that char. What a waste for content. maybe then some of these other people will see what im saying.
    edited April 2013
    ^^^^^ This.
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

edited April 2013
    Here's another point for a change... You will never get to see every rare drop a dungeon has because they are bind on pick up.(Im guess 50-75% of lv per run) So unless you do nothing but dungeons your out of luck and only have a 20% chance to get 1 item.(per run/drop) Not to mention they add to the story that you may never see. You can never stop power leveling and gold farmers no game has. So your points(trying to be nice here) are not valid. Anyone can see the pro's by far out weigh the cons.
  • jinnixijinnixi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited April 2013
    i can't have fun with guildies and run a dungeon??

-sad face-

hope they look into changing this
    fs.png
  • lovelovehugslovelovehugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everyone should be able to team! look at other MMOs the ones that require certain levels never last long...it becomes to hard for friends to spend time together. Example

Bob gets the game early, his friends are happy for him! he levels up.
    A week later his friends are able to get on, but due to work/school can only play a limited time.
    Bob meanwhile levels up, friends come on Bob cannot team with them...

Bob and friends slowly get bored trying to play together and venture off to a game which allows it..
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is a way to get into the dungeon as a 2 man :)

Fire up 3 more clients party up, queue and close them out :p

(yes it requires 3 alts total on your 2+ accounts)

As for the OP:

You have all the dungeons available at L60 (epic content)

Since you are given a 5+ level cushion to run a dungeons (says right when you hit K or L)
    Just don't quest as much at that point ... then run through Q once u cap that dungeon
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, there are some valid arguments for having a wider span of levels alowed in dungeons. But most arguments are sadly fail, especially when considering the f2p aspect.

If you want it changed, then come up with a good alternative that promotes the social aspect without changing the economy/power.leveling. De-leveling chars for dungeons seems like a good idea, but hard to implement b/c of items and skills etc.
  • rosemeliarosemelia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i personally agree with this, like some people wanna try solo some of these things even thought it might be impossible or super hard. but that isn't an option either, plus theirs nothing wrong with getting a friend to help power level you or do something with you. its just stupid. but yeh i anit going have a fuss about it.
    edited April 2013
    The system is all ready in place the foundry. In foundry quests they take the levels of party in account why not dungeons do the same. All you have to do is match the level of searcher by 5 levels or make a exp pen for high level help (more mmo's do this). But the match level will do as well all not hard to do and easy.
  • talonvectortalonvector Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Its odd I have started 2-3 posts about this also, and added to a few other posts on the forums also. and to my knowledge not 1 develeper has responded to this dispite the asking from the community on several posts.

But hey what ever I guess....

But to add to this 1 as well, I support the creator of this posts idea, and want for there to b a way to go back and do older dungeons, and for there to b options to do so whether it is for running them down leved, or current lev, or up leved.

If some of u all dont like this then Im sure the developers can just implement some type of.... No seal, and no xp if a higher lev goes in to run this for fun, or to help a friend get gear from that certain dungeon.

But any way hopefully we can get some type of response on this, I would rather b told NO I cannot do a older dungeon when I out lev it instead of finding out by not being able to enter it like I did in BW3.
  • talonvectortalonvector Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, there are some valid arguments for having a wider span of levels alowed in dungeons. But most arguments are sadly fail, especially when considering the f2p aspect.

If you want it changed, then come up with a good alternative that promotes the social aspect without changing the economy/power.leveling. De-leveling chars for dungeons seems like a good idea, but hard to implement b/c of items and skills etc.

#1 farming for gear in a lower lev dungeon, and selling the gear would help the economy, and help others who dont have friends to help them get the gear.

And #2 the way u lev in this game u r practicly power leved from the get go lol, so how much faster could u really power lev a friend.... I mean seriously....

Not being rude to u here dude, Im just sayin....
  • illideshillidesh Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm surprised to hear that Cryptic didn't use their system they have in Star Trek Online. In that game in a group, everyone can level match the highest level player if they wish to. All content will scale to match the highest level person except for loot that drops for someone else.

Personally, I have enjoyed replaying certain missions again simply for the story or for the pace. It is a bit sad to know that my group of friends that do not all play at the same time will be quickly unable to group together shortly after start until we all hit cap.
    edited April 2013
    illidesh wrote: »
    It is a bit sad to know that my group of friends that do not all play at the same time will be quickly unable to group together shortly after start until we all hit cap.

This is the point of this post and main problem with current system. So if i say "hey check out this game neverwinter but you cant play with me in till you max your lv will never work. This NEEDS to change or will lose many players.
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Currently there is no sidekick system. But if we want one the developer has stated that they could port the technology over from CO or STO fairly easily. I understand where people are coming from because I like to complete every bit of content before I move on. This often means that one mistake, such as running foundry content, that you could miss content. I am not even sure if you can que through running to the entrance as I could not find entrances for some skirmish and dungeon delves.

They do need to add an option, for a group leader to "que as my group only". That way you can just go with whoever you want, at whatever level you want. It would be nice to be able to use the que system too so you don't have to run around looking for entrances. If you happen to not be in a group selecting "que as my group only" will put you into the dungeon solo. They will have to make separate ques for the original level and not the heroic ones mentioned below as well.

I have heard though that there is a heroic version at level 60 for every dungeon and skirmish. If that is the case then that is cool for just seeing the places and all, but I still want to be able to run lower level stuff solo, because I might want to farm gear for an alt or something.
  • illideshillidesh Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope that the system is ported over. The game would gain replay value by utilizing such a system.

I also really hope an option to run through dungeons in solo mode is made available. The end goal should be to have fun. I know I'm not the only person who might enjoy reliving an old adventure even if it is below my level by a ton. When I played a different game I'd run through a lvl 20'ish dungeon on my lvl 60 toon simply because it was a neat place in the game and story. Not to mention it was my own time to waste as the loot wasn't worth selling to a vendor.

So, I officially request a level matching system such as in Star Trek for friends to group up. To also have solo and/or groups that are not fully filled to enter the dungeon with out waiting for a full party. Some times we enjoy slogging through just the three of us when some of our other friends can't get away from real life.
  • chaoticwheechaoticwhee Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to be able to run through dungeons in whatever size group i decide (maxed at 5, of course. I don't really even like the idea of everyone running with companions out in dungeons, but boohoo). Also, I like the idea of a voluntary downleveling system when grouping with higher level players. That way they can keep the dungeon level restrictions by making it forced when you enter a dungeon of a certain level. They can only use the skills and skill ranks that they would have at that level. I don't know what they'd do about gear. Would it be a great deal of trouble to temporarily reduce its stats? Blech. Making a good game must be hard. :P

Edit: I'm not so sure I'd be in favor of up-leveling lower characters for higher content with friends though.
    edited April 2013
    Making a good game must be hard. :P

I agree but with some positive feed back on some things and good ideas on what needs a tweak. This game can be great.( or greater lol)
  • coyotedeltacoyotedelta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    altyre wrote: »
    On the other hand, couldn't they just scale down higher level characters to the level of the dungeon? Granted, in such an event, it would be entirely for social purposes.
    Guild wars 2 did that. It was horrible because even with the best gear you still got your *** handed to you in the lowest level dungeon if you weren't prepared. It's not even a situation where you just weren't experienced enough, even the best players have to go all out to kill ONE GUY in those dungeons when the player's at max level, and deaths are imminent. If I'm at max level and I go into one of those dungeons and get mauled I feel like all the hard work I did getting the best gear I can find and training as hard as I could was for nothing because a Dire Rat threw me around.

Keep level restrictions. They should be focusing on superior gear from better dungeons if they're too strong to do the weaker one, and if it's quest related just make a 1 player version with less mobs and nerfed bosses.
    edited April 2013
    People keep bringing up this power-levelling deal. If you group with someone who is lvl 60 and they just destroy a dungeon for you, the lower-lvl player should receive no experience. I have not had a chance to test it in this game to see if the system works that way, so no idea if that is already implemented.

Great... there is epic-lvl dungeons and we can see the content at 60. I want to see Cloak Tower at 17, and I want to try and 3-man it with guildies. Why is this so hard to implement?

How is it hurting the economy if I go into cloak tower at lvl 60 and farm a bunch of green items? All I am doing is putting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the market that nobody wants because all the same stuff is dropping in regular quests and Foundry quests. Uncommon items are actually pretty common. The rest of the drops in Cloak Tower are BOP and have to be vendored.

There is nothing wrong with wanting this system. All the best MMO's have had it and have it until this day. I don't care if it lifting level restrictions or putting in a sidekick system, just fix what is there right now. IF they don't I guarantee that not long after release they will feel the pressure of the player base and end up changing it anyways. Do it now and make your product better.
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

• syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    maddllama wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with wanting this system. All the best MMO's have had it and have it until this day.

And have, ever since Cryptic first invented it for City of Heroes. Keep calm and carry on; it will come.
  • chaoticwheechaoticwhee Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    maddllama wrote: »
    People keep bringing up this power-levelling deal. If you group with someone who is lvl 60 and they just destroy a dungeon for you, the lower-lvl player should receive no experience. I have not had a chance to test it in this game to see if the system works that way, so no idea if that is already implemented.

Great... there is epic-lvl dungeons and we can see the content at 60. I want to see Cloak Tower at 17, and I want to try and 3-man it with guildies. Why is this so hard to implement?

How is it hurting the economy if I go into cloak tower at lvl 60 and farm a bunch of green items? All I am doing is putting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the market that nobody wants because all the same stuff is dropping in regular quests and Foundry quests. Uncommon items are actually pretty common. The rest of the drops in Cloak Tower are BOP and have to be vendored.

There is nothing wrong with wanting this system. All the best MMO's have had it and have it until this day. I don't care if it lifting level restrictions or putting in a sidekick system, just fix what is there right now. IF they don't I guarantee that not long after release they will feel the pressure of the player base and end up changing it anyways. Do it now and make your product better.

+1 I like this idea!
  • extinction777extinction777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    One of the cheesiest things about when I first played wow was the high levels selling low levels trips through the lower tier dungeons for gear.

I understand some people wanting to bring their high level powerhouses through to "play" content at lower level with their friends' but how fun is it for Bob when a level 60 runs through and 1 shots every encounter into oblivion. There is no challenge, no mystery, no sense of danger just loot pi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF