What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Class Will Your Main Be?

Comments

• Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Trickter Rogue was the most fun for me during the closed beta, so going with that for now unless a Ranger class comes out ... :P
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cleric, seem to have the funnest with that class.
  • Options
    magbrawn63magbrawn63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Control wizard first, then Cleric
  • Options
    scorch36scorch36 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I voted the Guardian fighter but i will most likely have a Trickster Rouge too.
    A pale light at dawn. A touch of white horizon. Shadows of light. The brotherhood of elites.
    Let the horizons run white, and shadows turn light.
  • Options
    z4cormyrz4cormyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Only tried the guardian fighter so... we shall see after bw4/open beta/launch
    - no one is more hopelessly enslaved, then those who falsely believe they are free -
  • Options
    undelekundelek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I usually play necros(warrior5/mage5/palemaster30 <3 only for suicidal! )... but i cant pick one necro here so... control wizard.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I am usually a Cleric by default. I have not had the opportunity to participate in any of the Betas but by reading the forums to get up to date I may go with Control Wizard. Depending on how the Cleric self-heals pan out for PvP and group content.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cleric to start. But I hope to make a mage and rogue as well. I pray we see a druid in our near future.
  • Options
    lmfaocookieslmfaocookies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xD the polls are pretty even for each class... I would pick Control Wizard because they are fun to dps on bosses with out pulling aggro and still being the top damage dealer in the party.
    :mad:
    sxEasVM.jpg
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    GWF until (fingers crossed) Barbarian is released. Same same but different
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Nice that not many people want to be a guardian main. Means more work for me as a tank.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    As it stands, the Control Wizard shall be my main. However.. which is odd for me, but the Cleric has taken a shining to me so much that I actually enjoy playing a priest more than a mage... there's a first for everything! So, if the Clerics continue to evolve as awesomely has they have so far, bugs aside, it will give my Mage a run for his money at being my main character.

Now, if they ever implement the Simbarch of Aglorond Paragn Path for a Wizard... whatever type of Wizard Cryptic puts it in, will immediately become my main.
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Great weapon fighter to start, with a trickster rogue as my first alt and then I guess we'll have to see what other classes release. I would love to play spellblade, battlemind, paladin (any variation) and a few others.
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Guardian Fighter for now... Then I'll switch to Paladin when it's available.
  • Options
    waterdhavianwaterdhavian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For now the Devoted Cleric and if the bugs are fixed and it proofs that he will excel in healing in end content (right now i kinda get the feeling that the cleric is a nice to have but optional party member) he remains my main for a long time.

There are many classes in DnD that i would love try out as well, (Striker) Avenger or (Defender) Warden are 2 other classes that i love in DnD.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    Dunno I keep changing my mind ARRRGH.
  • Options
    xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My main character will probably be a Control Wizard [got one to 34 this last beta weekend]. As some others have stated, it started off a bit slow, but once you got up into the mid-teens in level, it really takes off. I had originally thought Guardian Fighter, but unless they do something about the block mechanic against harder monsters, it's not something I'm interested in enduring [I say enduring because it wasn't that much fun to have your shield knocked down in one or two hits].

I'll definitely have an alt for each class, but I had the most fun with the Control Wizard.
  • Options
    redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just curious; with the close of BW4, has anyone changed their minds about what class they're going to go with for their main character?
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I voted for the Trickster Rogue but I'm really hoping for a Paladin and/or Ranger. Oh yea the Druid too :)
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will be sporting a GWF. Then a paladin :)
  • Options
    mandragore139mandragore139 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm its a though one,

I planed on going with GWF, yet after this beta weekend I was so disappointed of its play-style and dmg, even a GF felt better, by far.

So for now its a close call between CW and TR, yet I have that felling that everybody will roll TR...
  • Options
    stringsestringse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 63
    edited April 2013
    Guardian!!
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After Beta Weekend 4 I decided to go with Devoted Cleric instead of Guardian Fighter. I didn't enjoy the GF's blocking mechanic & felt I pretty much had to wait too long to counter in between enemies attacks. I tried out all the classes & DC was my favorite class, followed closely by TR, but I think the majority will play rogues so I decided to go with the cleric.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    coyotedeltacoyotedelta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Guardian fighter, natch.
  • Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since I don't see Warlock on here(and it may not be available until after Open Beta anyway), I'll have to go with Control Wizard.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • Options
    dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    WOOHOO, looks like low que times for tanks. Maybe GWF are capable of some instance tanking to help any serious tank shortage?
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    None of the above, I'm maining Scourge Warlock or Archery Ranger. However for the time before that im going to play a Cleric.
    26.jpg
  • Options
    moskibearmoskibear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guardian Fighter here, loving the rogue too, but I want to go for a plate class for a change.
  • Options
    richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    It really doesn't matter. I play them all equally poorly.
  • Options
    galeranegalerane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm going to concentrate on a great weapon fighter and cleric...yes, only 2...only 2. At least this is what I keep telling myself. However, if a paladin becomes available, I'm so there!
    8.jpg