test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next Class You Want To See After Release

Comments

• shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want to play a Druid!
    shautrusig.jpg
  • misterfrenchiemisterfrenchie Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would love to see a Paladin.
    Want to join a great gaming community? Check us out at www.grievanceguild.com
  • pavjareckipavjarecki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sorcerer, druid, ranger. Sorcerer for definite
  • janusdividedjanusdivided Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd say next likely class is either a druid or ranger, simply to fill the "Nature" skill void outside of kits. I'm hopin' on Ranger and feel it'd be more likely since their skill animations could be easier to design as opposed to a druid's.
  • alcamothalcamoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A Doomguide!
  • ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    Ranger, Bard, Paladin, Druid, Monk
  • yoshi77yoshi77 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. Ranger
    2. 2 weapon fighter of some kind don't care what you call the class. (with swords not daggers & minimum chain armor)
  • raywardpalraywardpal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Paladin,BattleMind,Ranger,Warlord.

healers and tanks always few players love to play, so if have many options we up this %.
  • jonnarajonnara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I always love playing a dual wielding fighter along the prestige class Kensei(Sword Saint). Would love to see that in this game
  • davewestdavewest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Paladin end of story.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    derpfu wrote: »
    So... looking at the Auction House/Broker and searching for gear by class you see some other classes mentioned there that aren't available in beta yet.

Here's the list:
    - Trickster Rogue (available)
    - Devoted Cleric (available)
    - Iron Vanguard (not available)
    - Control Wizard (available)
    - Hellbringer (not available)
    - Divine Oracle (not available)
    - Great Weapon Fighter (available)
    - Spellstorm Mage (not available)
    - Master Infiltrator (not available)
    - Swordmaster (not available)
    - Guardian Fighter (available)

I'm guessing those that aren't available yet are either just filler items (yeah, right) or what they have plans for next.

Actually, the majority of those were available in beta. Master Infiltrator, Swordmaster, etc. are paragon choices for the classes. The only exception is Hellbringer, which is likely a paragon choice for the next class they are adding.

Personally I would like to see bards and warlocks next along with giving the other choices for the existing classes like Battle Cleric and War Wizard.
  • bodhisattva3bodhisattva3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited March 2013
    Center Breath Monk.

release the game plox
  • drentikadrentika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Where is the Monk? I wish it would be there ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ab0lisherab0lisher Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would LOVE to play monk
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Ranger definitely is the next one for me. Ranged preferred but I'll take the half and half one as well they were fun.

Others that I'd like to see sometime after launch would be:

Runepriest
    Monk
    Artificer
    Druid (complete with a transform ability to an animal)
    Shaman
    Witch
    Paladin
    Warlock
  • thedreadomegathedreadomega Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want to see Rooftop Ninja class. With extra jump height!
  • akostisakostis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited March 2013
    Barbarian Please.... And a (REAL) Cleric... not this arrow tossing waste of pixels. A true Cleric wielding a Mace or Hammer and a shield...

Regards
  • magicsnmagicsn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Paladin. And a Blaster Wizard (with Genasi added as Race for a Fire-based Blaster-Wizard).

@akostis: The existing cleric is as much a "true cleric". There are actually two "kind of clerics" in D&D, the Melee Cleric and the Ranged Cleric. But they are both "valid" clerics. I guess they just had to take some choices which classes to include and which not (or later).

Also might be that Paladin gets added at some point, and then a Melee Paladin (actually Tank) and a Melee Cleric might be "too close to each other".

I guess the Blaster wizard got the same issue, as it would be too close to the fire Warlock.
  • smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    An archer or ranger type with the selection to specialize in pet/non pet.

I'm a bit of a purist so prefer no pet, just my archer and his bow. Arrow flight and effects are important to immesrsion so please get the sound and graphics just right!
  • bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    akostis wrote: »
    Barbarian Please.... And a (REAL) Cleric... not this arrow tossing waste of pixels. A true Cleric wielding a Mace or Hammer and a shield...

Regards

Barbarian, Pretty Please
  • bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nordveig wrote: »
    I want to see the Bard. ^ Same here really.

Please dont flame me for this, and maybe its just me but I don't really understand what the Bard can bring to the party. Every time I think of one the following scene goes through my head:-

Cleric -"Right guys, we are just about to go into this cave where undoubtably we will accounter a horde of villains and their boss. I'm right here to heal you all if you get into trouble. Roll-call and what are you going to do?"

Rogue - "I will sneek around and bring a world of hurt!"

Wizard - "A few lightnining bolts I think should do the trick. Nuff said!"

Fighter - "Let them try and beat up on me...as if"

Barbarian - "I'll stick my axe right up their $%@!"

Bard - " I've just written a new Poem...you want to hear it?"

Cleric - "Ummm....Okay...."

Just can't see it!
  • jonnarajonnara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Bards have always been a support class that offers the most buffs with music/song.

For example regen health, plus damage, mana regen, haste, pluses to stats just to name a few.
  • sheepdog3sheepdog3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Warlock first, and then Archer Ranger....we already have a 2-weapons DPS in the Rogue, don't want another one until we get the Archer. Then Paladin, Bard, Monk, and then anything else.
    "We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world...The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog...He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep...Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep...Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.
    edited March 2013
    jonnara wrote: »
    Bards have always been a support class that offers the most buffs with music/song.

For example regen health, plus damage, mana regen, haste, pluses to stats just to name a few.

I guess I understand (or maybe noT), but come on "I'll help to kill that Dragon by singing a song", yep that'll do it! :D
  • malagarrmalagarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Battle Cleric

Archer Ranger

1st Edition Bard (You old timers know exactly what I mean).
  • zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All the classic that are missing : Barbarian, Barde, Druide, Paladin and Ranger ( No I have not forgotten the Monk, this class is just so ... mmh, no, for Pete's sake never the Monk :) ).

The Paladin is always a good alternative, mixing warrior and priest, juggling between defense and healing.

The Druide could be interesting and something new for the game with an invocation focus, playing on the control of divers critters. Or there is always the metamorphosis angle.

The Ranger is definitely a miss in the game, a good range class would be good.

Barde would be a good control element, with good charm to boost other players and deboost for the mobs.

Sadely the Barbarian is not a miss, with the Great Weapon Warrior, I don't think he would bring something new.
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • lightmaster83lightmaster83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Paladin first of all! And than...ranger and warlord as in the 1st player's handbook of D&D 4th edition...in other expansions and patches maybe bard, druid, monk and barbarian :)
    Araldi_Derna_Lightmaster.jpg
  • fmgodoyfmgodoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ranger with archer and dual wield specs
    edited March 2013
    zorlun wrote: »

Sadely the Barbarian is not a miss, with the Great Weapon Warrior, I don't think he would bring something new.

OR similar to the GWF but more single target specfic.
  • pyrophoriapyrophoria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wouldn't mind that Scourge Warlock one that's already in the data, that one could be fun to play up.