What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next Class You Want To See After Release

Comments

• Options
    ablackbowablackbow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The game really, REALLY needs to have the base classes at start. The idea of putting anything based on DnD without that is simply ludicrous. I have tried to be understanding, but WHY are there already two warrior types, but NO ranger? Yes, I am partial... but it makes absolutely zero sense to me. No bard, no paladin, no druid, no warlock, no ranger?

I want to support the game. Hell, I will. But the available character class decisions baffle me. Considering how very, very fast one levels up, why do they not start out with Rogue, Wizard, Ranger, Warrior, Bard, Druid, Warlock, Cleric and then say, around level 5 you pick a path, and then you take that path until the paragon levels, etc? Why clutter it up with all the multiple variations of only a select few classes, and NONE of the others?

I realize that it has been stated that the classes chosen to be released first were picked so that people could form effective parties. Ok, I get that. But if that's the game you want to make, DON'T MAKE IT A DnD GAME. DnD, regardless of edition, has always, always ALWAYS been about playing what you *want* to play. It's about being something you could never be otherwise. By pigeon-holing it the way it has been, it's going to be so distasteful to some who can't play even a base character type that they want in a DnD setting, that they won't give the game a chance. That... is something that I would really, really like to *not* happen. I would much rather see this game succeed.
  • Options
    sturmjaegersturmjaeger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wants me an archery ranger. After that, a warlock of some sort.
  • Options
    pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Monk

A lovely brilliant Radiant Monk.
  • Options
    rharsinrharsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Found a list of the character classes in-game at the AH.

Trickster Rogue
    Control Wizard
    Great Weapon Fighter
    Guardian Fighter
    Devoted Cleric

With the sub-sets of...
    Iron Vanguard
    Divine Oracle
    Spellstorm Mage
    Master Infiltrator
    Swordmaster
    Hellbringer

Now... all of those are claimed except Hellbringer... Meaning we'll probably see Warlock as our next class.
  • Options
    ragnarok1011ragnarok1011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    One that I can make from the ground up, like real DnD... not this pigeon holed template bunk.
  • Options
    moses73moses73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well so far there's 2 ranged and 3 melee, so my pick is a archer class followed by summoner class I've always like rezin skels
  • Options
    draezendirehanddraezendirehand Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2013
    I'm looking forward to Swordmage and Tempest Fighter!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1.jpg
    When life turns it's back on you, sneak attack it for extra damage!
  • Options
    mzeeusikumzeeusiku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited March 2013
    Monk, paladin
  • Options
    lordkovenlordkoven Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll say paladin, but you better add some evil Deities so i can be an Evil Crusader (Blackguard)
  • Options
    thearkonthearkon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just want Bard. =x Monk would be cool, but if Bard was added, I'd never play another class again. xD

Warlord would be almost as good, though.
  • Options
    nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want to see the Bard. ^ Same here really.
  • Options
    robbievwrobbievw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Give me a Warlock and I'll be happy
    "As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."
  • Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Any of the Psionic classes. If that will be a thing.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ranger, Druid & Paladin.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    maverik99maverik99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Monk all life guys!!
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The name is Barbarian, Rageblood Barbarian!
  • Options
    maverickwerewolfmaverickwerewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited March 2013
    Ranger. One that can dual-wield and be a tough, dual-wielding fighter that can hold his own in combat if he wants to take that over archery... although I don't care if a class like that is called "Ranger" or not. If it's called "Berserker," or something, I'd be fine with that too. I just want a tough, up-front fighter type that dual-wields swords, instead of only the sneaky backstabbing little rogues as the dual-wielding characters.

But that's just personal preference. What this game really needs is a Druid or a Paladin, two of the most classic D&D classes. Druids and Rangers could use those Nature things laying around everywhere.
    Dedicated NWN roleplayer for 7+ years, the Village of Creation (VoC) server
  • Options
    aeysaeys Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A class that can use swords/daggers/hammers/axes.
    "It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mazliemazlie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Monk or Bard easily.
  • Options
    derpfuderpfu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So... looking at the Auction House/Broker and searching for gear by class you see some other classes mentioned there that aren't available in beta yet.

Here's the list:
    - Trickster Rogue (available)
    - Devoted Cleric (available)
    - Iron Vanguard (not available)
    - Control Wizard (available)
    - Hellbringer (not available)
    - Divine Oracle (not available)
    - Great Weapon Fighter (available)
    - Spellstorm Mage (not available)
    - Master Infiltrator (not available)
    - Swordmaster (not available)
    - Guardian Fighter (available)

I'm guessing those that aren't available yet are either just filler items (yeah, right) or what they have plans for next.
  • Options
    desirsardesirsar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Next? No.

All.

And some type of "freeform" for "Gold" members.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bow ranger, since bow/nature seems to be the big gap right now, elves get a bonus to bow.
    Staff monk, a good staff martial artist is awsome plus staff is not used.(Chi skill or share releligin)
    And another leader bard(Music skill? or just share with magi)
    warlord(Tactics skill? they find "battle plans" or share with warroir)
    Druid( love to see a shifter druid and a healer druid)(nature skill)

im sure existing classes will all get an alter ego:
    Melee claric(PalidiN or warlord monk ),
    Pact wizard(Warlock the prestiges can be what kind of pact)
  • Options
    thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Ranger, no pet needed.

Then all others mentioned in no particular order.
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All of them and now!

But in order for my enjoyment:

Swordmage
    Bladesinger
    Hexblade
    Ranger
    Monk
    Psion
    Warlock
    Sorcerer
    Hybrid
    Multiclass

But I mostly want a freeform class option so that I can just be a rogue and not a 'build' rogue.
  • Options
    nwnprednwnpred Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    speedy monk with the subrace background
  • Options
    nwnprednwnpred Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    but no monk:mad:
  • Options
    skigoboolmskigoboolm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    I miss the monk class from old DnD
  • Options
    seepage28seepage28 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd love to see a Paladin in the game, and the Battle (melee) Cleric as well.
  • Options
    merlik44merlik44 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The more classes and races available equals a much more enjoyable experience for the gamers and ultimately means more $ for the game...also they should implement a 1st person mode...
  • Options
    rangorvixrangorvix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Firstly, the classes I would like to play most...

Bard (Pref Valourous)easily my no.1 choice > then really only Druid, Battle Cleric, and possibly Monk.
    (Note: am prob playing a Wizard on launch, but only because there is no Leader class I want to play)

Now the classes I feel are most likely to come asap (in a "educated" guessed order)...

Battle Cleric & 2nd Rogue > War Wizard > (Archer)Ranger & Warlock - largely because I hear so many clues to these 2, could easily be earlier i feel) > (Guardian-type) Paladin > Druid - so have a 2nd Controller Class > 2nd type of Paladin, Warlock, Ranger & Druid

Yea, I am kinda expecting a long wait for my Bard, I just cant see it happening anytime soon, but hey, ive got little to base all this stuff on, all guess work, I just hope they bring out a few at the same time, or you will end up with parties full of 1 class while leveling;p