test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next Class You Want To See After Release

Comments

• Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah I found a very old IGN snippet...
    ...and to find out more about what'll be included we had the opportunity to send some questions to Cryptic COO Jack Emmert and Executive Producer Aaron Brady...

As far as character classes go, "At launch, we're focusing on five classes: Wizard, Fighter, Rogue, Ranger, Cleric," said Emmert. "We think these represent the core archetypes of the 4th edition rule set (Controller, Defender, Striker, Ranger Striker, Support). After launch, we'll be supplementing the game with more and more character classes, so expect to see old favorites like Paladins, Barbarians, Monks and Bards fairly quickly.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/09/13/exploring-the-new-neverwinter

Given the date of this, and the fact that a lot of names and faces behind the scenes have changed you cant take this as bible, but it does give you a pretty good idea of where the original development stood.
  • Options
    pancarnuripancarnuri Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ranger is must.
  • Options
    hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    Ranger>Monk>Druid
  • Options
    fujimiafujimia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yet another vote for Warlock. :cool:
  • Options
    hellhammerhellhammer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Druid, Bard, Warlock, and Paladin.
  • Options
    cynder78cynder78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bladesinger,
    Archer Ranger,
    Shielding Swordmage,
    Valorous Bard
    Guardian Druid
    Stone Fist Monk
    Telekinetic Psion
    Protecting Paladin
    War Wizard
    Wrathful Invoker
    Dragon Sorcerer
    Yorn
    -={Old Timers Guild}=-
  • Options
    christovaochristovao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Battle Cleric;)
  • Options
    babalouisbabalouis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    must go with paladin and monk
  • Options
    furyionfuryion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My tops would be:

Avenging Paladin
    This is a no-brainer...what's DnD without Paladins? That's like making PB and J sandwiches without the bread. You can do it...but it is messy and not nearly as wholesome.

Archery Ranger
    I read the melee Ranger is already in the game's software code...but we need bows! When I think of DnD, I sometimes think of a lone Elf Ranger standing on a hilltop, strumming his bow for one final long-shot arrow strike right into my mother-in-law...um...I meant monster...right into the monster...anywhooo...

Shielding Swordmage
    I'm sorry...the whole swordmage concept is just too cool to not introduce. If a FTP MMO wants paying players...I think introducing the unbearably cool classes/builds would really get customers' attentions.

Battle Cleric
    We need a healer that has melee capabilities. While I would choose the Avenging Paladin before the Battle Cleric...let's not kid ourselves...there would be many a player who wants this in as soon as possible.

agrees with u
  • Options
    ktkplayktkplay Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bard!!
  • Options
    bloodsuckingparasitebloodsuckingparasite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Druid -> Ranger -> Paladin -> Barbarian -> 42
  • Options
    rharsinrharsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Paladin. Paladin Paladin Paladin.
    Also, Dragonborn and Warforged races.

Magus-Whoops! That's Pathfinder. haha..
  • Options
    zieloniutkizieloniutki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would love to see a shafeshifting druid. This is my dream. To take form of a dog, cat, crocodile, pet dragon, werewolf, werebear etc. I hope, maybe some day....
  • Options
    tyrannisstyranniss Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ranger -> Ranger -> Ranger -> Then Maybe Monk
  • Options
    midntwolfmidntwolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well I am really excited to see the Warlock they appear to have already in the game files. Next would be a Sorcerer of the Storm Variety. Actually a Hexblade would be at the top of my list but I have to admit that I can't see them adding that in for a long, long time.
  • Options
    jonrobinjonrobin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah ranger and monk definitely. I love ranged combat with arrows instead of spells.
  • Options
    kelorele123kelorele123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    something you don't see a lot like a berserk that can use fist weapon and two-handed weapons and maybe some kind of rage class that go for traps and high crit
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rharsin wrote: »
    Paladin. Paladin Paladin Paladin.
    Also, Dragonborn and Warforged races.

Magus-Whoops! That's Pathfinder. haha..

Warforged is an Ebberon setting thing no? Not sure they can work that into Forgotten Realms, though I am sure there MUST be a playable equivalent in Forgotten Realms.
  • Options
    ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know that the GF is the tank, but my main is a Paly. Paladin, please. :)
  • Options
    skeebyskeeby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Druid!!!!!
  • Options
    aeriseusaeriseus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ranger/Archer, "Dualwield Fighter" (Heavy armor, dualwield)/Barbarian and Necromancer
  • Options
    bjac9bjac9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2013
    LeeWall_Destroy.gif
    You know the drill
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Rageblood Barbarian!
  • Options
    oogee83oogee83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bjac9 wrote: »
    LeeWall_Destroy.gif
    You know the drill

if that's a vote for a monk type class, hell yes!
  • Options
    flab72flab72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    elthuzar wrote: »
    Battle Cleric
    Warlock
    Ranger - Archer and Twin weapon
    Barbarian
    Druid
    Bard
    Rogue Brawler
    Paladin

Pretty much exactly this. And in this order too. I'd maybe move the Paladin higher though. Maybe in the 4th spot.
    "...And if your forearm touched her neck she was PREGNANT!"
  • Options
    buz1buz1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Blackguard and ranger but deffo BG coolest class ever devised
  • Options
    yamael13yamael13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Monk Barbarian Ranger and Bard!!
  • Options
    uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited March 2013
    monk, ranger, paladin
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • Options
    edrickedrick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want to see every class that should've been there from the start. :( I feel I'm gonna be asked 10 bucks to play a paladin.
  • Options
    jianraijianrai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want my freakin warlock, dagnammit.

Paladin - not my preferred class, but PALADIN TOO. Needs moar paladin.