test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next Class You Want To See After Release

lild24xlild24x Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
The one class that I'm very interested to see in this game would be the Monk class. It seemed really cool in D&D online, I would love to see how they would implement it to Neverwinter. Tell me what class would you ask for in the game.
Post edited by lild24x on

Comments

• Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Warlock. Followed by Ranger, Paladin, and Warlord. Don't want to see the PhB2, and 3 classes until the rest of the PhB builds are released.
  • Options
    jerbezjerbez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ranger, druid, monk, and bard.
  • Options
    jerbezjerbez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    oh yeah, paladin. Gotta get old school.
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Druid, Psion (battlemind plz), Monk, Barbarian. Any one of these.
    26.jpg
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ranger, Druid, and Bard. Definitely. Assuming the bard is a buff-class, and the druid also has some buffing and/or other utility spellcasting. I don't even mind if it's not a shape-shifting druid, which as others have mentioned elsewhere, could be its own class.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    khupa1khupa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 96
    edited March 2013
    Monk :D Paladin :D Barbarian :D
  • Options
    elthuzarelthuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Battle Cleric
    Warlock
    Ranger - Archer and Twin weapon
    Barbarian
    Druid
    Bard
    Rogue Brawler
    Paladin
  • Options
    pyliathebreezepyliathebreeze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Swordmage, Swordmage, Swordmage, Swordmage, Swordmage, Swordmage. Have I said it enough yet?
  • Options
    stoermcstoermc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Ranger, Druid, Bard, then Hexblade :p
    Neverwinter Community Moderator

Code of Conduct - Extended FAQ - PM me
  • Options
    dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    For Rogue Class Battlemaster with one bow and other hand buckled blade
    For Wizard Class: Feymage or Evanescent Mage
    For Cleric Class: Monk with a sacred hammer
  • Options
    silverasilvera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bard (Druid as 2nd) , and for race i would like a INT,WIS race like Shardmind
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i'd like the scourge warlock next but i would say it will go GWF ranger archer then scourge warlock
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Barring the Scourge Warlock and Archery Ranger (since they have references in the files already):

Dragon Sorcerer (arcane striker)
    Valorous Bard (arcane healer)
    Battle Cleric (melee cleric)
    Avenging Paladin (divine defender)
    Guardian Druid (primal controller)

We definitely need more options in each role before we start doubling up, I think, but the Battle Cleric has the demand, and they already doubled up on the Fighter for some reason. For alternate Leaders, I think the bard has a bigger presence in FR lore, if only for the fact that the warlord is a fairly new addition to the roster (even taking into consideration the Marshal in 3.5), so I'd want the bard first. That's Leaders/healers more than taken care of. We need another tank option, and the Paladin has to take the lead there over the Swordmage. We need a new controller as an alternate to the Control Wizard, so the Guardian Druid without wild shape would take that spot (save the Predator Druid as a wild shaping striker/controller). The sorcerer is one of my favorite classes from 4E, and, to me, the iconic version of that class is the Dragon Sorcerer.

I'd really like to see the Bladesinger and Swordmage as well, especially since both were introduced in FR books (Neverwinter Campaign Setting and Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, respectively). I'm willing to wait a while on those, though.
  • Options
    olafis1980olafis1980 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Warden, Druid and Shaman pls:)
  • Options
    freekjanfreekjan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think there is enough tanks, and room for a ranged class.. So druid or ranger should be next.

Bard, Warden and paladin should be good choices as well.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Paladin, Avenger and Invoker.
  • Options
    quickthornquickthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If it's not in by release, then I'd love to see Ranger, preferably archer rather than dual-wield. After that, I'd like to see Druid and although I rarely play one, it seems odd to have all the deity references and no Paladins around.
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Rageblood Barbarian
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    no one else wants to see Psionics?? :(
    26.jpg
  • Options
    sorwensorwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Vampire class as long as it doesn't sparkle. However since there are other mainstream classes I doubt I'll ever see it.
    Forever and always forward
  • Options
    cappio88cappio88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    Druid for heal and controls <---actual need
    Warlock/ Archer for ranged dps <----actual need
    It's too late to put a Barbarian just because they're gonna add the great weapon fighter.
    A Monk could be another kind of tank class if they focus it on dodge ( same mechanic as block - prevent damage completely)
    Bard for controls <---- actual need
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Seriously guys, if you are gonna post in forums like this at least look at a 4e phb, or the wiki. A lot of the classes you enjoyed in 2nd and 3.0/3.5 have had their roles shifted and are now a different type of character. About half you guys are actually talking like you know 4e and the other half like they know the other editions.
  • Options
    drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I personally want to see the Monk and the Psion. Telekinetic Psion sounds like a lot of fun, Telepathic Psion for RP would be hilarious, go around reading all the peoples minds and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with them!
  • Options
    toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bismar7 wrote: »
    no one else wants to see Psionics?? :(
    God, no. I hate psionics in fantasy.
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Say it again. Don't want to see any of the PHB2, and 3 classes until the rest of the PhB1 builds, and classes are in the game. Then they can move to two, then three.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    drinnth wrote: »
    I personally want to see the Monk and the Psion. Telekinetic Psion sounds like a lot of fun, Telepathic Psion for RP would be hilarious, go around reading all the peoples minds and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with them!

Psions are very rare in Forgotten Realms. The monks in FR are those who are not well versed with arts of psions. The monks in FR are the kind of NPC monks who die with one hit and use candles to write books in darkness. Check 4e Intro on how the few psions that are there are tied to FR and why they are very rare.

So my guess is that psions will coe into picture very late after many other more common classes are introduced.

p.s. Monks are also psionic in nature.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    For now. There going back to what they weere when fifth edition hits if I've heard correctly.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Witcher imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pearofanguishpearofanguish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2013
    Paladin and something with a psionic flavor... In reality, I will be happy as long as they continue to add more class options over time.
    Ignore me.... 90% of the time I dont care, 10% of the time I am indifferent....
    21.jpg
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I notice many people say that classes from PHB1 should be complete prior to PHB2. I think that is true to a point, but we should also take Forgotten Realms lore into account when considering classes. If anyone has read the Icewind Dale series form the Drizzt novels, then you would know that Barbarians are a staple of Forgotten Realms (Wulfgar anyone!).