test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend 2 begins March 8, 2013!

Comments

• Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thrynsyst wrote: »
    The Foundry Beta is separate from the BWE. It is still under NDA, and may even have a different client software than the BWE client. We will know more when the dev team advances the Foundry Beta from its current state, which is the taking of applications to participate. When that will be, is anybody's guess, but common sense indicates that it will be forthcoming in very short order.

This coming week? Perhaps, and devoutly to be wished for, but *not* guaranteed. We will know in due course.

Here is a link to apply for Beta of the Foundry this weekend:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?64551-Foundry-Authors-Beta-test-signups!

Or not?
    beginning soon!
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Please tell me that was your mistake lumping a cleric and a wizard togther under the same class. If PWE got the wrong, I am going to cry

To release, there will only be a devoted cleric with healing and other supportive prayers. Some offensive prayers as well but no meele weapon or strength build clerics.

Yes, I put them there on purpose with the other spell-casters :P
  • Options
    desadariusdesadarius Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bardbarian wrote: »
    Can't wait! I already took vacation for the weekend! :) More testing, less work! :)

lol, same here...
  • Options
    xevvxevv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    Cant wait.
  • Options
    eeynoeeyno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm who said me wee wife can post on these forums... this be mans work!!!!!! hahahahha j/k!! Would be nice for us to get in then the weee lad could get a pack, and we would have a unstoppable force!!!!!! lets see here.

Hoopty the Brave!!!! and his weeeeeeeee band of helpers

It's cool to see another couple playing the game together. My wife and I plan on running together as a group along with our son as well.

My wife and I bought Guardian packs but it would be good in the PC gamer key worked for our Son.
  • Options
    kirinayamekirinayame Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will be playing with a friend hopefully this weekend, I don't know alot about the game, but he seemed enthusiastic enough.
    here is hoping we can smash a bunch of bugs and have this thing ready for prime time within the next few months.
  • Options
    kysegotenkysegoten Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    so when do i get my beta key for being a RaiderZ Elite Pack purchaser? :/
  • Options
    venymvenym Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    splattr wrote: »
    It really amazes me how people feel entitled to play a game before it is released. I remember the days when the first day I got to play a game was on release day.

Here's something even better for you. :P I remember being paid to Beta test games. ;)
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lets get it on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    Here is a link to apply for Beta of the Foundry this weekend:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?64551-Foundry-Authors-Beta-test-signups!

Or not?

I followed that link yesterday and filled out the survey, then read the rest of the thread afterwards. Got to the end and saw that the beta signup had been closed two hours before I filled out the survey, though it was still accessible. Now that's cruel. They left the signups open for just a little over a day, hidden in one of the sub-forums with no notice on the front page. The Foundry is the part of the game that I'll spend almost all of my time in, so it was quite crushing to realize that I had missed the window just because I don't plow through every part of the forum every day. :( If it hadn't been for your post, I would never have noticed that thread at all.

I can only hope that they'll still consider my application. I'd think someone with a module in the Neverwinter Vault Hall of Fame should be applicable. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    I followed that link yesterday and filled out the survey, then read the rest of the thread afterwards. Got to the end and saw that the beta signup had been closed two hours before I filled out the survey, though it was still accessible. Now that's cruel. They left the signups open for just a little over a day, hidden in one of the sub-forums with no notice on the front page. The Foundry is the part of the game that I'll spend almost all of my time in, so it was quite crushing to realize that I had missed the window just because I don't plow through every part of the forum every day. :( If it hadn't been for your post, I would never have noticed that thread at all.

I can only hope that they'll still consider my application. I'd think someone with a module in the Neverwinter Vault Hall of Fame should be applicable. ;)

Sorry to hear that, but I think the sign up itself was doing the survey. So you should be good as long as you entered a valid email address. Which module did you create, I played nearly all of the NWN1 and a few NWN2 :)
    Would be a shame if you just missed it.
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, but I think the sign up itself was doing the survey. So you should be good as long as you entered a valid email address. Which module did you create, I played nearly all of the NWN1 and a few NWN2 :)
    Would be a shame if you just missed it.

Thanks! :) My module was "Beasts of the Night". It was a late entry to the NWVault Hall of Fame, but at least it got there. :)
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks! :) My module was "Beasts of the Night". It was a late entry to the NWVault Hall of Fame, but at least it got there. :)

It was a well-done module, as I recall. I was involved with Monty's Purgatorio for NWN2 for a bit, got the project started with him. A daughter sort of prevented me from finishing that off, sadly.

I wish they had made that a bit more public. I browse the forums rather frequently and totally missed that post as well. Ah, well - I'm fairly certain that three or four HoF submissions might sneak me in. If not, then there is time later, I'm sure.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

I haven't got the game installed at the moment but going to after work! (I cannot recall how many Diamond editions of NWN1 I already bought, keep losing the CDs and then rebuild the machine) ;)
  • Options
    noctournous93noctournous93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited March 2013
    How about the PCgamer beta keys?
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    BWE1 started at Noon PST. Friday.
  • Options
    navharnavhar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    -3 .......
  • Options
    xaralleixarallei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Any news on whether PC gamer folks will have access? I heard that beta emails are messed up and not going out to everyone, so it would help to know whether PC Gamer people are in this weekend and should be posting in that bug thread about not getting the beta email.
  • Options
    maerdynmaerdyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so where is my beta key? You said everybody who is "lifer" in STO will be in this beta and I still didn't get my beta key.
    CO LT, STO LT, played NWN and NWN2 before and another DnD games
  • Options
    vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What time do the servers come online Friday ? I have the day off and I want to be on right when they are turned on. I will be streaming live on Twitch TV channel.... Thanks :cool:
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    maerdyn wrote: »
    so where is my beta key? You said everybody who is "lifer" in STO will be in this beta and I still didn't get my beta key.

Your account will be flagged for beta, you won't get a key.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Your account will be flagged for beta, you won't get a key.

but when? :-x and where do I download the beta client?
  • Options
    foxtsilverukfoxtsilveruk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013

thank you (too short :-x)
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    @eenyo LOL, sounds like us. We won two beta keys in the trivia game last week and need to get a third somehow for our daughter.
  • Options
    jarii2jarii2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 42
    edited March 2013
    I can't wait to play!

Although, I wish the Ranger would be in the first classes on release. Nothing like death by arrows!
  • Options
    vagrantzerovagrantzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jarii2 wrote: »
    I can't wait to play!

Although, I wish the Ranger would be in the first classes on release. Nothing like death by arrows!

Ranger is not a ranged class. You are getting the Two-Blade Ranger, a melee class, not the Archery Ranger.
  • Options
    backupcryptbackupcrypt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Where is the Bard love ;)
    Death comes to us all even YOU!![/I][/I][/I]
  • Options
    perth74perth74 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How about some druid love also :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    stauch wrote: »
    Considering that not everyone who will have beta access during those weekends live in the US it would be very nice to know when it actually starts on the clock so we know if we even should try and get in during Friday (our local time) or if it would be better to take an early night and get up early on Saturday instead.

And no, they aren't "basically they are nearly demanding you to pay $199.99 to access the beta" since there are two other ways, Guardian pack or a lifetime sub to either CO or STO. Of course they are going to pitch their most expensive pack since they are a company and wants to maximize income but it is far from "effectively demanding".
    CO Lifetime sub here, 2am Thurs 8th. NO key yet. And sicne the note on another thread about access said they would be DOLED out to LTS people. I'm not holding my breath.

OK just spotted someone elses, stating it goes to your acct. Will try to access there. thankyou to Foolishlobster(that justs sounds sooo wrong)

sigh... currently trying to download the game... stuck at 3% this does not look promising
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!