test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend 2 begins March 8, 2013!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited March 2013 in News & Announcements
We're excited to bring you the second phase of Neverwinter Beta Weekend. Full details are coming regarding what you can expect during your next adventure in the Forgotten Realms.

Not sure if you're in? Become a Hero of the North today for guaranteed access!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• talsictalsic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited March 2013
    How do we get our mounts and stuff that we paid for to try out for the beta weekend. It seems I remember a thread somewhere about this, but I can't find it.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    yeah it would be nice if this weekend we all (heros of the north and Guardians) can play with their packs (with everything that was mentioned that we get) Pretty Please ;)
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't wait! I already took vacation for the weekend! :) More testing, less work! :)
  • bezza1985bezza1985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 83
    edited March 2013
    Hooray!!! Moar betaz!!

Can't wait!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perth, Western Australia
    http://silverdragons-lair.net/
  • retroisiretroisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like to see all that stuff too :-)
    H-bomb = Revenge of the Dungeon Master
  • mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder if the Foundry Tool-set will be available?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is the GWF now official for Beta 2 or will you wait until PAX?
    I really wonder what I would play which either has no magic, a big hammer/blade and can take some hits OR sneaks around, avoids fights makes a living as a lockpicker telling stories.

With three classes and overall five roles to choose from, I probably play Guardian Fighter again :)

Mage -> Control Wizard and Devoted Cleric
    Fighter -> Great Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter
    Rogue -> Trickster Rogue
  • raaxraax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That's what I want to get my hands on is the Foundry. I made a few adventures in the older Neverwinter games and their tools were easy to work with.
    "The Sleeper has Awakened!"
  • mazaatmazaat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    GWF would not be available for 2nd week-end, but should be for third..
  • satoresatore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    raax wrote: »
    That's what I want to get my hands on is the Foundry. I made a few adventures in the older Neverwinter games and their tools were easy to work with.

Oh yeah, though that was the Aurora toolset and has nothing to do with this incarnation, I am hoping that it will be flexible enough to recreate some of my favorite adventures from NWN. And old modules too.

Can't wait
  • deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    what time LIKE EXACTLY, will beta access begin,, ie THUR night 1201 am or FRI morning 6 am etc?

no guesses please only developer posted facts
    thanks
    COME WITH ME !
  • paddymaxsonpaddymaxson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited March 2013
    Fairly sure last time it was midday PST or EST or whatever time zone on the Friday.
  • deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    that sucks probably so late so server monkeys and coders can wake up by noon lol
    COME WITH ME !
  • bodey2bodey2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We're excited to bring you the second phase of Neverwinter Beta Weekend. Full details are coming regarding what you can expect during your next adventure in the Forgotten Realms.

Not sure if you're in? Become a Hero of the North today for guaranteed access!

In other words, pay two hundred dollars or else you can't join the beta. I'm not surprised that this is how the customers that provide this companies paycheck are going to be treated.
    The saddest thing is how people are just okay with a price tag digit being placed on their forehead.
  • bodey2bodey2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    what time LIKE EXACTLY, will beta access begin,, ie THUR night 1201 am or FRI morning 6 am etc?

thanks

The dev up above said it best himself, "Not sure if you're in? Become a Hero of the North today for guaranteed access!"
    If you took a look at the price, you'd see that it's one penny shy of two hundred dollars. So basically they are nearly demanding you to pay $199.99 to access the beta pretty much, or else you're very, very unlikely to partake in the beta weekend.

Unless you're forking that much money out, don't worry about what time it starts because apparently it wont matter.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bardbarian wrote: »
    Can't wait! I already took vacation for the weekend! :) More testing, less work! :)

Same here. Saving the rest of vacation time for release.
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    Same here. Saving the rest of vacation time for release.

Aye, nothing like a mmo launch vacation! Just gotta find out when and stock up on supplies!

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • eeynoeeyno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    He probably did it because the devoted cleric is a caster and not a melee class. However they are different types of characters since the cleric is a healer and the wizard is a crowd controller.
  • stauchstauch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited March 2013
    bodey2 wrote: »
    The dev up above said it best himself, "Not sure if you're in? Become a Hero of the North today for guaranteed access!"
    If you took a look at the price, you'd see that it's one penny shy of two hundred dollars. So basically they are nearly demanding you to pay $199.99 to access the beta pretty much, or else you're very, very unlikely to partake in the beta weekend.

Unless you're forking that much money out, don't worry about what time it starts because apparently it wont matter.
    Considering that not everyone who will have beta access during those weekends live in the US it would be very nice to know when it actually starts on the clock so we know if we even should try and get in during Friday (our local time) or if it would be better to take an early night and get up early on Saturday instead.

And no, they aren't "basically they are nearly demanding you to pay $199.99 to access the beta" since there are two other ways, Guardian pack or a lifetime sub to either CO or STO. Of course they are going to pitch their most expensive pack since they are a company and wants to maximize income but it is far from "effectively demanding".
  • thehttheht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited March 2013
    Are the PC Gamer keys getting access to BWE2?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkpeek2darkpeek2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    theht wrote: »
    Are the PC Gamer keys getting access to BWE2?

I hope we get access! I am able to download the game so hope that is a sign. Me and husband would get in with PC gamers that means we would have to get our son a Guardian pack!!!! Hope so.
  • mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2013

thanks
    Noon is a possibility.
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    darkpeek2 wrote: »
    I hope we get access! I am able to download the game so hope that is a sign. Me and husband would get in with PC gamers that means we would have to get our son a Guardian pack!!!! Hope so.

Hmmmmm who said me wee wife can post on these forums... this be mans work!!!!!! hahahahha j/k!! Would be nice for us to get in then the weee lad could get a pack, and we would have a unstoppable force!!!!!! lets see here.

Hoopty the Brave!!!! and his weeeeeeeee band of helpers
  • mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You're missing a lot of information in your post. The 200 dollar founder packs are not the only ones getting into this beta weekend.
  • rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited March 2013
    darkpeek2 wrote: »
    I hope we get access! I am able to download the game so hope that is a sign.

Not a sign of anything. Anyone can download the client. Pretty sure all you have to do is have an account and the download button will show up. (Previously it did not, but now it does.)
  • kittychris13kittychris13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not a sign of anything. Anyone can download the client. Pretty sure all you have to do is have an account and the download button will show up. (Previously it did not, but now it does.)

Grrr yeah I logged on sons accout only thing different is I don't have a download button on front page like I did with Darkpeek2s account, but looks like I can download it if I go to downloads. Oh well atleast I had a little hope of us all playing :) I would think PC will get in atleast last weekend.
  • splattrsplattr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2013

****, I didn't pay $199.99 so I won't get to play. Oh, wait, I am very, very likely to partake in the beta weekend. In fact, I was able to play in beta weekend 1. And I am pretty sure I will get to play in beta weekend 3. I did pay for a Gaurdian pack, but there are even people who haven't paid a penny towards this game that are gonna be playing this weekend.
    In other words, pay two hundred dollars or else you can't join the beta. I'm not surprised that this is how the customers that provide this companies paycheck are going to be treated.
    The saddest thing is how people are just okay with a price tag digit being placed on their forehead.

Here, let's try to look at this another way... I'm pleasantly surprised that the customers that have already provided income towards this company's paycheck are being treated to an advance look at the game before it is released. The saddest thing is how people who want a for profit company to give them everything for free just because they don't use the gray matter behind their forehead.

It really amazes me how people feel entitled to play a game before it is released. I remember the days when the first day I got to play a game was on release day.
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If there are no new classes, I can hopefully use the foundry :) At least signed up for it.
  • thrynsystthrynsyst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    If there are no new classes, I can hopefully use the foundry :) At least signed up for it.

The Foundry Beta is separate from the BWE. It is still under NDA, and may even have a different client software than the BWE client. We will know more when the dev team advances the Foundry Beta from its current state, which is the taking of applications to participate. When that will be, is anybody's guess, but common sense indicates that it will be forthcoming in very short order.

This coming week? Perhaps, and devoutly to be wished for, but *not* guaranteed. We will know in due course.
    edited March 2013
    thrynsyst wrote: »
    The Foundry Beta is separate from the BWE. It is still under NDA, and may even have a different client software than the BWE client. We will know more when the dev team advances the Foundry Beta from its current state, which is the taking of applications to participate. When that will be, is anybody's guess, but common sense indicates that it will be forthcoming in very short order.

This coming week? Perhaps, and devoutly to be wished for, but *not* guaranteed. We will know in due course.

Here is a link to apply for Beta of the Foundry this weekend:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?64551-Foundry-Authors-Beta-test-signups!

Or not?
    beginning soon!