test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    darkwolf42775darkwolf42775 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    greeting Zebular i would like to know if we will get to keep ower guys from the beta test with ower founders packs or will we have them wiped afyer beta be for the F2P starts
  • Options
    dlanornennildlanornennil Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so those why subscribed for beta in the beginning before any of these promotions get last go eh?

thats pretty low, we aren't even on the list at this point.

i clicked for beta the week it was announced.
    i waited this long only to find out that dont mean anything to the devs and only paying customers are respected, look forward to see how much you restrict free players.

Personally I have no problem with a closed beta for those who are willing to step-up ahead of time and put a personal stamp on this.
    Something for nothing?....that is not realistic... it will be those of us who put down some $$ regularly each month that pay for your fun...
    If someone cannot afford it..cool..free to play for a month here and there would be ideal.
    But to wait, and wait...and not be willing to drop even the $20 for the lowest pack to get in early... Not my style that is for sure...

I was kinda hoping that I would be able to 'Founder' title my original Beta toon... If we're talking about 'fair'.. That seems fair to me....considering real life $$ has been dropped.

Thankyou and see you in game....(someday).. ;)
  • Options
    dirkweeddirkweed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    my blades thirst lol
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't wait till next one.
  • Options
    darkwolf42775darkwolf42775 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    iveyrayn wrote: »
    im downloading the game so can someone give me a game key so i can play it?

no ones going to just give u a beta key ok and most founders have friends that they want to play with them so pls stop asking for a beta key!
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can someone tell me if my PAX key will ever be activated for the closed beta? Have had it on my account for almost a year now.

(I realize we still do not know the answer to this question I am just kidding around and still patiently waiting for an answer)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Personally I have no problem with a closed beta for those who are willing to step-up ahead of time and put a personal stamp on this.
    Something for nothing?....that is not realistic... it will be those of us who put down some $$ regularly each month that pay for your fun...
    If someone cannot afford it..cool..free to play for a month here and there would be ideal.
    But to wait, and wait...and not be willing to drop even the $20 for the lowest pack to get in early... Not my style that is for sure...

I was kinda hoping that I would be able to 'Founder' title my original Beta toon... If we're talking about 'fair'.. That seems fair to me....considering real life $$ has been dropped.

what part of F2P do u not understand ok so what if there asking for money to become a founder ok if u don't have the money to bad some do and some don't have the money to get a founder pack and plus u are upset for other people haveing money to buy it and play earily to me it sound like u are a 5 year old child and are jelous of other people so pls try and grow up a lil bit be for u come and play with the big boy players ROFL! and i'll be free 2 play like the others who didn't get a beta key or a founder pack but i'm not crying about it !
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Can someone tell me if my PAX key will ever be activated for the closed beta? Have had it on my account for almost a year now.

(I realize we still do not know the answer to this question I am just kidding around and still patiently waiting for an answer)

here u go hopes this helps :)

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

UPDATE: Please note that this is not the final list and is a work-in-progress. We're still evaluating our Beta Weekend plans and making sure that everyone has a fair chance to join us in Neverwinter Beta. A more final and complete list will be available once our plans are finalized. Thank you for understanding.

Greetings! Here is information on who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:
    • Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    • Hero of the North Friend Key

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer promotional keys.
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    • Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    • And more!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yea, thanks darkwolf, I can read the OP. Check the bottom;

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer promotional keys.
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    • Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    • And more!

All I can do is wait, and when they activate my key for the open beta I will be all excited and everything ......

Thank you for your enthusiasm.
  • Options
    coveycovey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It would be nice if those that sprung for the cheapest pack could get in during that last event as well.
  • Options
    legaellegael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just wish Cryptic/PWI would get their act together and put all the eligible beta keys in one of the categories so we know if we are going to get in beta or not with our inactive beta keys.

I have a PC Gamer key redeemed on this site and I still have no idea if I'm going to be getting in next weekend or not.
  • Options
    ramotedramoted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    cant wait to play
  • Options
    lordsiedlordsied Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    they told me i can get beta acces threw forums so can anyone help?
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    legael wrote: »
    Just wish Cryptic/PWI would get their act together and put all the eligible beta keys in one of the categories so we know if we are going to get in beta or not with our inactive beta keys.

I have a PC Gamer key redeemed on this site and I still have no idea if I'm going to be getting in next weekend or not.
    \

Yea I have the Pc gamer key also. It said originally we were supposed to get in 2nd beta, then they erased that and put it at bottom saying they don't know when.

The more they wait they just lose more customers because we will be playing other games that come out and that are giving beta access.
  • Options
    bodey2bodey2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so those why subscribed for beta in the beginning before any of these promotions get last go eh?

i waited this long only to find out that dont mean anything to the devs and only paying customers are respected, look forward to see how much you restrict free players.

Guess what, Okottekoneko, that's reality. If you walk in to a caf'e or a resturaunt, they expect you to pay otherwise they don't care much to have you there. If this bothers you so much, then dont pay, it's very simple.

There's a quote I came up with that relates almost all human action in this world, "If you're not earning something from someone or something...money or an object, then don't expect them to care about you because they wont."
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sure is allot of pay to play elements in this supposed free to play game, don't get me wrong if this game was a normal purchased game i would indeed pay money for it, but its big selling point is that it is free to play not pay for a go at bug testing it, hell professional bug testers make that sort of money a day.
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bodey2 wrote: »
    There's a quote I came up with that relates almost all human action in this world, "If you're not earning something from someone or something...money or an object, then don't expect them to care about you because they wont."

Unless you're in the US, then it's "If you're not earning from someone or something...money or an object, then sit back and the government will provide for you by taking money from everyone else."
  • Options
    dlanornennildlanornennil Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have tried to play completely free in other F2P's... It is extreamly difficult to do...lol...

I assume the C-Store will be no different... There will always be something to throw some real life $$ towards..

Either way Dev's and Exec's need to be paid a salary.... shareholders need a return on investment...
    and we need to pay for it...1 way or another...
    if we execpt this concept then hopfully this won't let us down like SWTOR did :(

Just say'in..is all ..;)

P.S> If the PvP is anything like SWTOR .. then it will be off the hook fun.....
  • Options
    thoreinskydancerthoreinskydancer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm still confused as to how we get a beta key and where to download the game and such. I saw the original post and know what weekend I can play, but have no key, no download.
  • Options
    somthgelsesomthgelse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited March 2013
    Nice! Another DragonLance reader! :)
    Completely separate from Forgotten Realms (which I've never read) - but in BW1 I played Tasslehoff the Halfling! - I don't expect to see a lot of Raistlins , Caramons, Laurana (Lauralanthalasa) or Sturm, Par-Salian or Fizban, hahahah. (And never forget Tanis!)

Dragonlancers should be pretty safe from 1) moaning and groaning that it's not lore and 2) doppelgangers.

Though I'm guessing there aren't any "Draconians" in Forgotten Realms. ~shrugs~

Hmmm... Tika the 2-H um... frying pan fighter, lol. WHAMMO! I expect that lizardmen are found somewhere in every D&D world. They may not be called draconians, but... :) I'd fogotten about Fizban... I think I may have outgrown Raistlin now... hmmm... Fizban... needs consideration. What was that girl's name, the one that was actually a dragon? I'll have to get out my books... Oh man, I thought I'd decided on a name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When the going gets tough, the tough get a trusty longsword and get to work!
  • Options
    russellgustorussellgusto Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh man have a beach weekend planned with some friends :( Guess they will have to get used to me glued to my laptop! Bwhahahaha!
  • Options
    lightspeed2k10lightspeed2k10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So, what time does the beta start on friday?
  • Options
    mideraxmiderax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013

As it should be.....
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder when will the CO and STO keys being mailed out for lifers? I'm downloading the client now but hoping I get to do the beta this weekend still...
  • Options
    kronos6913kronos6913 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    u should reveal the info on the PC gamer beta and ect.
  • Options
    noctournous93noctournous93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited March 2013
    kronos6913 wrote: »
    u should reveal the info on the PC gamer beta and ect.

totally agree
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    totally agree

I agree too, along with the PAX codes, just everyone you haven't decided on, just decide.... please.
  • Options
    baztianobaztiano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, I want to play this game so bad!
    Corsair Graphite 600T | Corsair TX850W | ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T@4.0 GHz (Corsair H50 Liquid CPU Cooler) | Corsair Vengeance Red DDR3 16GB CL9 1866Mhz | Asus Radeon HD7970 3GB DirectCUII OC TOP | Intel SSD 160GB 320 Series & Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB | Samsung SyncMaster BX2450 24" | Logitech Z-2300 & Logitech G35
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder when will the CO and STO keys being mailed out for lifers? I'm downloading the client now but hoping I get to do the beta this weekend still...

Current word is STO/CO lifers get automatic access (no key required) and should receive an email before Friday (I'll wager: Thursday night around midnight) LOL
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2013
    I updated the first post because I forgot to mention Hero of the North Friend Keys. If you did not use yours from Beta Weekend One, you are absolutely welcome to join us this weekend, March 8-10, for Beta Weekend Two. Remember, the key is only good for one Beta Weekend so choose wisely!

We'll reveal more information on who else is eligible this Friday very soon. Remove all doubt with a Neverwinter Founder's Pack today!