test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    brykolbrykol Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    from what iv seen of the game im excited and cant and wait for it to launch, but i do have several questions
    first off are they going to up the difficulty level the dungeons and game play does seem a little to, easy
    second, i do wanna ask, why charge people $200 or $60 for closed BETA, when realistically people are only gonna play for a few hours for what once or twice during this closed BETA trial, why not open it to a open BETA if you really do mean you want concerns from players and want to know if any bugs do exist you can get a true and wide variety of problems and input but this approach really seems to nickle and diming type, and that makes me really question most of what the testers are saying in the videos about how almost everything can even be found in game, this approach really makes me believe this game will be turned into a pay to win and as a end result kill the neverwinter title for alot of fans
    I really am looking forward to the game, and wish I could have a deeper input but all i know is from what iv read and seen in videos, i would love to BETA test but im not paying all that money for something you said will be "a true free to play game" and not paying all that money for what a few hours if im lucky
    look forward to launch and would love to get a date if possible
  • Options
    drizzt272drizzt272 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I got the PC gamer beta, and I just checked the website today after waiting forever.....And apperently I can download the game now!!!!! So stoked! Hopefully its not just the client or something and not the full beta access
  • Options
    patricksabbaghpatricksabbagh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please give it to me plain and simple. I downloaded Neverwinter to play. When will i be able to play. I haven't paid any money.

Thanks
  • Options
    daiyangdaiyang Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hey, not sure if im on the right thread, but i have arequest! i sign up on the site and the fb page of neverwinter the moment it was created. so for more than a year im waiting for a beta key which i never got one. id realy want to check out the game one the next beta weekend, so is there a way to get a key? anyone

btw, im from greece and dnd fun for many years, but not a subscriber to any gaming magazines.
  • Options
    azhikazhik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just want to create a character and play a bit so that I can tell my gaming friends how much fun it is so they will also get the Founder's pack. :)
  • Options
    shoopack1shoopack1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    anyone online?
  • Options
    ivicaserbijaivicaserbija Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i downloded game instaled and cant play say its an zccount error iss this game free thu play or noo ?????
  • Options
    darkdeathrapdarkdeathrap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    i downloded game instaled and cant play say its an zccount error iss this game free thu play or noo ?????

Yeh its free but its not out yet
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please give it to me plain and simple. I downloaded Neverwinter to play. When will i be able to play. I haven't paid any money.

Thanks
    As soon as the open beta is announced.
  • Options
    xmyfinalsinxxmyfinalsinx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes only the pack gets you that drow class variant which will be sold throughout the beta weekends and the extra items carry over to launch minus any currency you already spent.

Minus any currency we already spent? Well atleast we know now that's a good sign there wont be a wipe
  • Options
    thelickingtoadthelickingtoad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    Minus any currency we already spent? Well atleast we know now that's a good sign there wont be a wipe
    They've stated that there will be a wipe. All Founders in the beta will have their items, including their Astral Diamonds, given back to them when early access starts.

Source: http://neverwinteronlinecrossroadsshow.com/blog/2013/02/15/neverwinter-online-crossroads-show-episode-2/

Quest at 50:49
  • Options
    ocrambosocrambos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I do believe I saw it stated that the 'official launch' is basically -open beta- and that characters made in the open beta (which the founders get early access to) will not be wiped when the game goes 'gold'.
  • Options
    drizzt1814drizzt1814 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Does access to the beta forums come as a "your account now has beta access" sign?
  • Options
    thrynsystthrynsyst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    drizzt1814 wrote: »
    Does access to the beta forums come as a "your account now has beta access" sign?

Not necessarily. The Beta Forums have been opened to everyone due to the NDA not being applicable to the BWE's. Anyone can view the Beta Forums now. Does *not* necessarily mean you are going to be able to play the next BWE...
  • Options
    iveyrayniveyrayn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kk i need a beta key for this game i signed up for the closed beta but never got a key or a linking to download it but i did get the invite from PW so someone want to send me a key plz? thanks :):D
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    drizzt1814 wrote: »
    No it was stated that because beta is NOT NDA that anyone can now view the beta forums.
  • Options
    lazypromlazyprom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Has anyone with just lifetime to CO or STO, not a preorder Neverwinter pack, got an email about a beta key yet? Just trying to work out if I should be chasing up, or just sitting back and waiting. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    no i meant i need a key to play the game not acess the beta forum lolz
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    im downloading the game so can someone give me a game key so i can play it?
  • Options
    shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    its thursday and still no email with my RaiderZ founders pack key i was planning on giving it out to a friend but is there any clue as to when we will be receiving these keys from the RaiderZ founders packs?
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited February 2013
    shado152 wrote: »
    its friday and still no email with my RaiderZ founders pack key i was planning on giving it out to a friend but is there any clue as to when we will be receiving these keys from the RaiderZ founders packs?

It's Friday today where you live? Where do you live? Lol, it's only Wednesday today over here..
  • Options
    shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    skinneykrn wrote: »
    It's Friday today where you live? Where do you live? Lol, it's only Wednesday today over here..

oops i said friday umm imma go edit that into thursday D: its 2:30 am where i live Q-Q gimme a break lol but anywho is there gonna be a sticky saying when those people will get their beta keys? i was planning on giving it to a friend since i got the Hero of North Pack gave my friend key from it to someone and since im getting one from RaiderZ founders pack i was gonna give that one to another friend so we could all play a bit during the beta i think impatience and sleep deprivation are getting to me D:
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jinxnwjinxnw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so those why subscribed for beta in the beginning before any of these promotions get last go eh?

thats pretty low, we aren't even on the list at this point.

i clicked for beta the week it was announced.
    i waited this long only to find out that dont mean anything to the devs and only paying customers are respected, look forward to see how much you restrict free players.

+1

pretty low tactics from ... not a surprise
    i guess, they dont need "new customers" rofl ...
  • Options
    mhelivormhelivor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    In hero of the north we got a beta-key for a friend. Will the friend be able to play all weekends as I do?
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mhelivor wrote: »
    In hero of the north we got a beta-key for a friend. Will the friend be able to play all weekends as I do?

I have one of those keys, and its only for a single weekend.

At least you get a shot at playing the game prior to to deciding whether you want to buy a pack or not for future weekends. :)

Beta isn't for another week. Wondering why people are worried about keys for Friday ...
  • Options
    avataroffearavataroffear Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what package u need to have a weekend pass for a friend ?
  • Options
    lordmosraellordmosrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    guardian and hero the starter pack is nothing but items
  • Options
    somthgelsesomthgelse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited March 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    There is no need to reserve names in the Cryptic Engine.

Character Names are unique only per account. Every player gets assigned a Server-wide Unique @handle. All characters made on the account share your Cryptic @handle.

For example, I can make ONLY one "Zebular" who, if a player enables the option to see @handles, would see me as "Zebular@Captain Zebular" in chat (not overhead names, overhead names only display the character name, not @handles) - I cannot make two "Zebular@Captain Zebular" characters on the same account.

However, if Bobby wishes, she could make a Zebular also, but her full character name would actually be something like "Zebular@bobby"

Hope that helps!

OMG! There will be hundreds of Raistlins! LOL I plan to have one myself. For once I won't get that annoying "nyah, somebody got it first" message.

Err ummm... the only really helpful thing I can add to this is... nah... I'll start a new thread, but mention it.... minigames and crafting... haven't seen it mentioned yet. I know the PC game wasn't much into that, but this is MMO's now. Bigger pond.

Ohoo, can't wait....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When the going gets tough, the tough get a trusty longsword and get to work!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    somthgelse wrote: »
    OMG! There will be hundreds of Raistlins! LOL I plan to have one myself. For once I won't get that annoying "nyah, somebody got it first" message.

Nice! Another DragonLance reader! :)
    Completely separate from Forgotten Realms (which I've never read) - but in BW1 I played Tasslehoff the Halfling! - I don't expect to see a lot of Raistlins , Caramons, Laurana (Lauralanthalasa) or Sturm, Par-Salian or Fizban, hahahah. (And never forget Tanis!)

Dragonlancers should be pretty safe from 1) moaning and groaning that it's not lore and 2) doppelgangers.

Though I'm guessing there aren't any "Draconians" in Forgotten Realms. ~shrugs~
  • Options
    dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Perfer to come up with my own names anyway .
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron