What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Favorite wizards

Comments

• Options
    bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have to say Raistlin as well. After that, I'd say Ordu, Orwen, and Orgoch. They may not technically be wizards, but then, alot of the names I've seen here are not wizards either.
  • Options
    maestro973maestro973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd have to say Larloch was always way up there on my list. Besides being pretty much top dog of the wizarding world, (sorry Elminster fans, I personally think he'd lose this one were it to happen)the whole fall of netheril background story has always appealed to me. Let's see some Phaerimm mobs added! Cue nightmares.....and some popcorn for the Elminster comment.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nagash
    Nagash.jpg

edit to add:

I hope players are allowed the necromancy school, or that there is a Necromancer class (seeing as the classes so far are mostly pre-fab, with not enough variations to make one a single school only wizard)
  • Options
    robbievwrobbievw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    maestro973 wrote: »
    I'd have to say Larloch was always way up there on my list. Besides being pretty much top dog of the wizarding world, (sorry Elminster fans, I personally think he'd lose this one were it to happen)the whole fall of netheril background story has always appealed to me. Let's see some Phaerimm mobs added! Cue nightmares.....and some popcorn for the Elminster comment.

Yeah, he might be able to take Elminster on if he wasn't a Chosen of Mystra. But Larloch's insanity is a wrench that could easily throw his plans askew.
    "As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Nagash
    Nagash.jpg

edit to add:

I hope players are allowed the necromancy school, or that there is a Necromancer class (seeing as the classes so far are mostly pre-fab, with not enough variations to make one a single school only wizard)

I love warhammer board game and warhammer the pc games. Mark of chaos ? Epic game, nice story + epic online battles
  • Options
    beowulf1961beowulf1961 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    Fistendantilus.
  • Options
    novykhnovykh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Harry Dresden, Belgarath, Belgarion, Kvothe, Althalus, Duny/Ged, Sparhawk, Elminster, Pug, Richard Rahl. That's just from what I've read recently.

There are so many.
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Larloch, Larloch, Larloch!
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to say.. Wait for it... wait for it..

HARRY POTTER!

Haha jk Merlin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kaiorionkaiorion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Granny Weatherwax
    Lythande
    Skeeve
    Miracle Max
    Tim Hunter
    Tim the Enchanter

Probably in that order.
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Manshoon

Here a guy who gets the idea to play with clones he creates 40 clones of himself then dies in 1370DR at the hands of Lord Orgauth and Fzoul Chembryl right after his death 4 Manshoon clones Teleport into the tower to get his master spellbook. The whole year is spent in fear that a Manshoon clone would show up and kill you to get the one up on the other clones no Wizard is safe during this year. As the remaining clones relaize they need to stay away from all Manshoon related sites.

Its really a fun year.
  • Options
    bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Necromancer (of Mirkwood) wasn't a wizard either. It was Sauron by another name.
  • Options
    fallenxaphanfallenxaphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fistendantilus.

Well seeing as he's really a god is there really any argument that doesn't place him at the top of a list, if not darn close :)
    Lifetime Sto subscriber
    Lifetime Champions subscriber
  • Options
    fenris22fenris22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Teclis, Nagash, Drachenfels 3 bad.... Magic users from Warhammer lore
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Naga Sadow. I know it is from another IP, but my favorite even if he was a Sith sorcerer.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    From D&D:

Midnight -> Mystra

from other games:
    Morrigan of Dragon Age:Origins
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Pharaun from War of the Spider Queen series was pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Pharaun from War of the Spider Queen series was pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I totally wanted to read this when i was a kid but i got stuck up with other things and then i completly forget about it. (shame on me I know)

How are they ? All of the people I asked said they are pretty damn good books
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    They really are rather good. Pretty sure they released a set of collected editions recently.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fistandantilus
  • Options
    gilbeggerbgilbeggerb Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2013
    Bidderdoo Harpell!
    *woof!*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit for image to Shiaika. I just stole it!
  • Options
    underdarkhunterunderdarkhunter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Raistlin Majere is my choice since Dragonlance was my introduction into d&d and Raistlin rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    They really are rather good. Pretty sure they released a set of collected editions recently.

hmmmmmmmmm yeah i think i will start a hunt for them.
  • Options
    elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thalandor Silvermoon, my lvl 40 Sun Elf Sorcerer from NwN 1. 25 Sorc, 15 RDD, dual-wielding <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Swords, and wearing a robe. I love elf melee mages Teclis being the inspiration I suppose. I am a fan of Raistlin, killing a Goddess in her own realm and only being lvl 20 with 42 hp and 17 INT is no small feat. I am also guilty of being a fan on the anti-hero admittedly and Rasitlin plays the part well.
    2.jpg
  • Options
    dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Harkle Harpell!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    elminban wrote: »
    Thalandor Silvermoon, my lvl 40 Sun Elf Sorcerer from NwN 1. 25 Sorc, 15 RDD, dual-wielding <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Swords, and wearing a robe. I love elf melee mages Teclis being the inspiration I suppose. I am a fan of Raistlin, killing a Goddess in her own realm and only being lvl 20 with 42 hp and 17 INT is no small feat. I am also guilty of being a fan on the anti-hero admittedly and Rasitlin plays the part well.

Ohohohohoho we have a hardcore fan here. I'll drink a beer for you my friend. Cheers !!
  • Options
    mvinstedmvinsted Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Halaster Blackcloak Till they day i am in the grave
    CPU - 5i 2500k
    MB - sabertooth Z77
    GPU - x2 msi 660 GTX OC
    RAM - 8 GB 1300 ish ddr3
    OPS - WIN 7
    X2 SSD

The one is my god
    AO had no answer when the one spoke to him
  • Options
    ddmac69ddmac69 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tobas of Telven

What could you do with a single spell??
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Never liked Elminster, which let's face it is really just Ed Greenwood with a hat. :)

I like Merlin, he had less "uber" and less "action hero" and a little more "how do I advance civilization out of this idea that everything can be solved by swinging sharp phallic symbols at one another?"

He had powers, but mostly he manipulated through charm, persuasion and a slow, careful migration away from brute force and violence, to something more noble. He fails ultimately, but perhaps, his dream lives on.

I think those tales represent something that's missing in today's fantasy (no not the incest), but rather something truly more inspiring than "kill the villain and his minions, plant your sword into the ground and behold how mighty your ePeen is".

I think Forgotten Realms is a superb place to RP, it's a hodge-podge of things that make it easy for players to find hooks for adventures. I think the games like Baldur's Gate took it to another level, with fun, humorous action-oriented play. But as actual literature? Come on, it's not much further than a Batman comic. Nothing wrong with that, but I am not going to hold it over actual literature.

In other words, give me Atticus Finch of Batman any day. :)
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Did you know Eliminster is actually spelled God-Mode Sue?