What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Favorite wizards

aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2014 in The Library
One of my favorite wizards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHYnyyrVcnE

What is youre favorite wizard ? And why ?
Post edited by aeroth001 on

Comments

• Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Aleister Crowley? Just kidding! Rasputin of course!

In all seriousness I'd say Elminster. To go from his humble beginnings to what he became is amazing, as well as all he's done. Greenwood did a great job bringing the character to life in the books.

Halaster Blackcloak deserves an honorable mention though too. Gotta love those INSANE, powerful mages! lol
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    One of my favorite wizards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHYnyyrVcnE

That sent shivers down my spine... All those memories...

And as far as mages go... From the same series, Edvin and Xar (although Elminster has like, 3-4 gods appearing if his life is threatened?).
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aeroth001 wrote: »

Tim the Enchanter. The most ... most ... most ... ... ... flamboyant wizard in the world.
  • Options
    ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Harry Dresden, without a doubt!

Grins and runs off,

Ezra Steel
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A tie between Merlin and Elminster. While Gandalf appeared to be a wizard, he was so much more than he appeared to be, so I took him out of the running and gave him an "honorable mention."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wizardlockwizardlock Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just found out that Jon Irenicus was a lvl 29 then i thinking how could they give him that high lvls elfs dosent get that high lvls and he is a elf to, but there many great npc wizard to in the forgotten realms world one is Halbazzer Drin from Baldurs gate and other one is Shandalar from Ulgoth's Beard and we have Mekrath from Athkatla and there are many more
  • Options
    katalystikkatalystik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Harry Potter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Simon the Sorcerer
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What, no Rincewind?

Okay, I admit I used my vote there for The Luggage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    katalystikkatalystik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Surprised I didn't get called out on Harry Potter. lol Jokes!

My real answer would be Jace Beleren!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    wizardlock wrote: »
    I just found out that Jon Irenicus was a lvl 29 then i thinking how could they give him that high lvls elfs dosent get that high lvls and he is a elf to, but there many great npc wizard to in the forgotten realms world one is Halbazzer Drin from Baldurs gate and other one is Shandalar from Ulgoth's Beard and we have Mekrath from Athkatla and there are many more

It's not all about lvl, i like his personality his goals. Revenge and power ? Hehe what more can you wish ?

oh and Rapture of the Father...op
    The ability to cast more then one spell at a time...op
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    yes i know he 's cool and all that but remember there many epic wizard that can cast that and haveing more darkness soule
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    wizardlock wrote: »
    yes i know he 's cool and all that but remember there many epic wizard that can cast that and haveing more darkness soule

That doesn't change that he is MY favorite
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A tie between Merlin ...

Going back in history and watching it, there is no such wizard as Merlin... he was actually called Tim the enchanter. The one who made Sir Robin soil his armor.

EDIT: oops! I missed that comment truth!
    No, that guy is actually Emiriss the druid who is half-dragonrider. These overpowered multiclasses...
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Going back in history and watching it, there is no such wizard as Merlin... he was actually called Tim the enchanter. The one who made Sir Robin soil his armor.

Don't be silly. Not only did he exist, he works for the BBC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Also Arklem Greeth is one of my favorites. Allways had a weakness for the Arcane Brotherhood

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Arklem_Greeth
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    another favorite mage is lilly black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqmEkUblZUg&list=SP0B2047B09486313C&index=1&feature=plpp_video

mynameisnotlilly's work in baldur's gate 1&2 is legendary
  • Options
    zynatharzynathar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hands down my favorite wizard is Manshoon. I mean he fried Elminster (even though he didn't kill him).
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Nobody is picking their own characters from past D&D campaigns? So sad...
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    What do you think inspired those characters? These ones posted here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok Khelben, Elminster and the Seven Sisters:)
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    any of the Harpells

poor Bidderdoo, ooooowwwwwwoooooooooo!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    zynk0zynk0 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Liriel Banre from the Starlight and Shadows trilogy.
  • Options
    vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    My favorite wizard. He can be a little bit of an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> though.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I always liked Khelben Blackstaff, he had that Dr Strange vibe.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    sers1sers1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Zummi Bear!
    aww. no love for the classics b:sad
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    My favourite D&D wizard used to be Raistlin Majere but soon after became is Elminster. I was introduced to him early on when I began DMing a Forgotten Realms campaign and reading "The Wizards Three" articles in Dragon magazines. I relate to Elminster in so many ways, that at times, I feel like how Elminster acts. After Elminster, The Simbul would be my next favourite. She's just bad-[bleep].

In the real world, my favorite wizard would be Merlin, even when depicted as a Druid or Shaman. I'm not sure why, but I have always been drawn to the Merlin histories, myths, and fables.

sers1 wrote: »
    Zummi Bear!
    aww. no love for the classics b:sad

I was so hooked on the Gummi Bears! He was a favourite of mine on the show too!
  • Options
    velmornvelmorn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Elminster, no competition.
  • Options
    kittymofokittymofo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Jon Irenicus. He secretly liked bear smileys and David Warner voiced him! b:victory