test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    vegas6614vegas6614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    and no actually, i didnt get the bunch of bonus items promised in the founders pack when i entered beta HENSE WHY I AM POSTING HERE IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE TO SAY THEN DONT POST

Generally in these types of games, special items/bonuses aren't given out until the game actually launches (after all betas). I agree though, it should be spelled out in advance.

This is typical of Cryptic communication, as it is near non-existent. Many other devs have the same issues, it would be nice if they spent a little time on customer service.
  • Options
    avianpavianavianpavian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seems i'll skip this beta, no redeem code in "..Product: RaiderZ Elite Founder's Pack Amount Paid: 29.99 USD.." email. Only got that mail copied on .txt file. Bit busy anyways so guess no bid deal.

OMG can't drop "yeah but in closed beta.." to every other sentence later! :P
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    List has been stagnate for awhile, anymore progress?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    chipninja338chipninja338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    and no actually, i didnt get the bunch of bonus items promised in the founders pack when i entered beta HENSE WHY I AM POSTING HERE IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE TO SAY THEN DONT POST

Relax man. You didn't get those items because they aren't available yet.

Beta is for testing various things in the game, not really as the whole "I get to play early" thing most people treat it as. You'll get your stuff when the game launches... just as it said in the details of the founders pack if you'd read the details. There really isn't anything else you can do to change that.

In other words, patience...
  • Options
    trinchitrinchi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm wondering when will this game be ready for its launch and do we hafta buy a copy or do we just download when the game is released?

Thanks
  • Options
    sinerax2sinerax2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    why cant the ones who sighned up but didnt buy anything get the beta keys. you guys said it was free to get.
  • Options
    chipninja338chipninja338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sinerax2 wrote: »
    why cant the ones who sighned up but didnt buy anything get the beta keys. you guys said it was free to get.

I signed up for beta quite a while back, but I didn't expect a key until near release. But think about it like this: They're making the game free to download, and no monthly fees. Running a development studio costs money - your developers need to be paid. You've got to pay for your PR and advertising. Running servers costs money, you either rent some or have to pay for the power and bandwidth.

Where is the money to pay for a free game coming from?

Most people aren't willing to pay a developer just for their efforts (which is a shame). They expect something in return. Logically, if you offer something like say early beta access and early access at launch (along with other incentives) to players for paying, you're likely to have people willing to pay for your efforts. However, if you then turn around and give it away for free the only people that will pay are those that understand the costs behind making a game and feel like contributing (which again, is rare).

If I remember from other posts, there will be keys given away for free. If you can't wait until they decide its time, then come up with some cash and pay for founders. If not, you'll need to wait and hope you get one... or wait even longer for an open beta period.

TLDR: Either have patience and hope you get a key eventually, or pay the devs for the awesome work they're doing. If the devs don't get paid, the game ceases to exist. That simple.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    trinchi wrote: »
    I'm wondering when will this game be ready for its launch and do we hafta buy a copy or do we just download when the game is released?

Thanks

The game will be free to download. The game will be free to play. You don't have to pay anything to place it .
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    sinerax2 wrote: »

Cryptic has beta play sessions which have a limited number of players. As time goes on more and more players are allowed into the beta sessions. If you don't happen to get picked for playing beta. I'm sure you get in during their open beta sessions.
  • Options
    pugdaddypugdaddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 249 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I just bought the Guardian of Neverwinter package. I have to wait til March 8? Oh well, I'll have some pimp gear when I start.
  • Options
    totenbctotenbc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    had fun on the first beta weekend,,, does our progress get wiped between beta weekends ???? would suck to start at 1st level again for beta weekend 2 and 3.

I expect to be wiped for the open beta.

did edit : not sure why i am showing as PWE user rather than hero of north ?

bought the $200 cool-aid already
  • Options
    drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    for those people who have questions you should read over the previous posts as some of them may answer your questions
  • Options
    epoc3000epoc3000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How do I get a key to play the Beta?
  • Options
    invishmaalinvishmaal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok that's better... ish...
    TL2 preorders get second beta and up... I preordered on steam so all's good right?
  • Options
    leopardladyleopardlady Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    invishmaal wrote: »
    TL2 preorders get second beta and up... I preordered on steam so all's good right?

I read somewhere that if you ordered TL2 through steam you got TL1, I remember reading that in order to get beta access to Neverwinter Online you had to preorder TL2 through the website, after some searching I found somebody highlighting on this subject in this same thread, page 23 post #224.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vegas6614vegas6614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    @ epoc3000...

You buy your way in with the $59 or $200 package. It's the only sure way.

However, you might get lucky with a giveaway, when/if they start those. I have a PCGamer code to get in, but they haven't said when for those folks.
  • Options
    ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

If you preordered TL2 through Steam you got TL1 instead of Neverwinter Beta.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • Options
    handsomedude6969handsomedude6969 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So what is the deal with the beta? Why can't everyone just get into the beta most game let u sign up and they pick ppl to join. But i know it all about the money u want ppl to waste 100's of dallors on stuff and they may never get in to it to funny. I don't understand why games like this don;t just have open betas for everyone so the can exp some of the game befor it go live and watch it being form. Like WOW the PTR is free 100% and it like a beta. get to see what up next for the game.
  • Options
    invishmaalinvishmaal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    If you preordered TL2 through Steam you got TL1 instead of Neverwinter Beta.

I already owned TL1 so I get NW Beta. I doubt that PW is really that willing to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off. I've been looking forward to this beta forever. I guess it might not matter either way since I'm on my way out anyway. Way I feel now probably won't even make it to the next test weekend. Coughing up blood, muscles are on fire. Y'know... I'm gonna write a letter to be sent in the eventuality that I do die before getting to at least try out this PoS game. I'll make sure that its sent to every gaming magazine and site, maybe then this PoS company will stop being so greedy.

[paraphrasing] "You want play?? Here give money then you play beta and get character wiped every time!!! Is good spent money give to PoS company!! We hate America because we Chinese!! TIENANMEN SQUARE DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Yeah, I've totally lost my marbles I know! I've slept about 2 hours the past 5 days, every time I close my eyes I start coughing.
    Its not even about playing the game anymore! Its about the blatant greed! PW is a Chinese company and China is trying to control all the money in the world, trying [and many would argue succeeding] to destroy the US economy! And what now they want a minimum of $60 to get into beta test!? You pay to report bugs, stress test and give feedback. That makes so much sense!!

I hope the US drops nukes on China honestly. More likely though the US is going to retaliate financially if we can ever get out of debt from them. We owe Japan almost as much but honestly they are our allies and they hate China!!

I should have spent this time writing the 'to be sent after death' letter... now I don't feel like like.

I'm just so sick and tired of greed. I'm so sick and tired of this whole world. Its all filth everywhere and the only bastion of hope lies in cyberspace... or in a future where.... I don't even care...

Sorry for this rant, as I'm sure it made no sense to anyone but me since I haven't gotten any sleep, any sleep I did get was full of coughing and bloody mouth.

And for those of you that think I'm just some raging guy full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I promise, I swear by all that I hold holy I'm not full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I really am dying, I really haven't gotten barely any sleep, I really am coughing up blood, I really do hate China [the government and corporations not the people in general] and I really am going to write a letter and ask my family to send it to every gaming news company in hopes that Perfect World.... I don't even know.... becomes less greedy? Gets the stink eye from video game hating republicans? I don't know... I do know one thing; I don't want them to apologize to me. I don't care about the game any more, maybe its because of how sick I am, that I think I'm on my last leg... I dunno. What I do know is its now about the greed. That is all this is, greed. Stupid, simple, Chinese greed!! China is the greediest country in the world, even more so then the US, only just though. If an American company offers a beta its as is, not, give us money to get in.

I'm done. My mouth is full of blood. I'm going to go lay down.
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I already owned TL1 so I get NW Beta.
    From Steam you get TL 1. Nothing else even if you already owned it. Very clearly stated many times. Selfish wishes don't count.

Dying is no excuse.
  • Options
    retroisiretroisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can hardly wait for the next beta weekend.....
    H-bomb = Revenge of the Dungeon Master
  • Options
    theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So what is the deal with the beta? Why can't everyone just get into the beta most game let u sign up and they pick ppl to join. But i know it all about the money u want ppl to waste 100's of dallors on stuff and they may never get in to it to funny. I don't understand why games like this don;t just have open betas for everyone so the can exp some of the game befor it go live and watch it being form. Like WOW the PTR is free 100% and it like a beta. get to see what up next for the game.

note that this is for a closed beta. the game will only require a perfect world account (valid email address, no credit card) so no keys are required. keys are for closed games/betas.

also note 100s of $ are technically for working capital for the game devs. offset by swag in-game. beta participation is a perquisite.
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    zenindelzenindel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just hope we get to keep all add ons like mount, panther companion etc after beta. that was alot money just to play the game for few days before release. its good thing im long time fan D&D, and mainly drizzt fan. other people hero growing up something like superman, mine was always drizzt.
  • Options
    kartunekartune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So. I come to the site today and see that the "Download" option is available. I, excitedly, click download and get it all rolling. Then I look up at the login area and notice that I'm not logged in. Does this mean that everyone will be able to play next beta? Why did I get a "key" from PC gamer magazine that claims "...the code will redeem one of two different mount items in Neverwinter and grant beta access." if EVERYONE will be granted beta access regardless of if they have a key or not?

This seems a bit like a scam imo. I would have been perfectly fine if it just promised the items, but I got the key because I was promised that it would grant me access to the beta as well. I have never purchased PC gamer mag before and only purchased it that one time for the Neverwinter key (I didn't even read the damn thing, except for the article on Neverwinter). I couldn't care less for the mount. I honestly feel scammed at this time.
  • Options
    bezza1985bezza1985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 83
    edited February 2013
    kartune wrote: »
    So. I come to the site today and see that the "Download" option is available. I, excitedly, click download and get it all rolling. Then I look up at the login area and notice that I'm not logged in. Does this mean that everyone will be able to play next beta? Why did I get a "key" from PC gamer magazine that claims "...the code will redeem one of two different mount items in Neverwinter and grant beta access." if EVERYONE will be granted beta access regardless of if they have a key or not?

This seems a bit like a scam imo. I would have been perfectly fine if it just promised the items, but I got the key because I was promised that it would grant me access to the beta as well. I have never purchased PC gamer mag before and only purchased it that one time for the Neverwinter key (I didn't even read the damn thing, except for the article on Neverwinter). I couldn't care less for the mount. I honestly feel scammed at this time.

Ummmm, have you not READ the OP? You will get beta access along with most of the other people whinging on this thread. But the order in which you get it is pretty much proportional to how much you have paid for it ($200 and $60 purchase, we got in weekend 1, so on and so forth).

So you still get access to beta....there are 3 beta weekends....what is so hard to understand?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perth, Western Australia
    http://silverdragons-lair.net/
  • Options
    siericksierick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is the beta Server down at the moment? .... says im unable to log on
  • Options
    darkdeathrapdarkdeathrap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    sierick wrote: »
    Is the beta Server down at the moment? .... says im unable to log on

Beta isn't open until 8th March :)
  • Options
    siericksierick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gah ... i got so excited i read what i wanted to read
  • Options
    wodny1988wodny1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Still no updates when it comes to PC Gamer keys?
  • Options
    volrath1313volrath1313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i like it.........