test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    ryathmarnryathmarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will you try content made by other players?

Of course. Im curious to see how itll work, so Ill try some when I have the time. If its great, Ill try even more!

Will you create new adventures yourself?

Ill of course try, but I doubtful Ill be any good at it. Ill mostly dabble with it and see how it works.
  • Options
    gh0sthun3r72gh0sthun3r72 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes I will be playing them and I will also be making a few! looking forward to it!!!
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i will play some ,and i will try to make some to if wont be to hard and to complicated
  • Options
    sairalinsairalin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely try other people's content. I think it will just add to the richness of the game.
    I will wait to try the foundry myself until I have more experience in the Neverwinter world.
  • Options
    saberslashersaberslasher Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will definitely use the foundry if not to just stare at all the costumes available for the baddies. Being able to create ones own stories doesn't hurt either.
  • Options
    jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Yes! I will love play quests made by players! I want to try it too and maybe the world play my adventures!!!!
  • Options
    whitedrgn579whitedrgn579 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ABSOLUTELY!! I can see myself spending a lot of time creating various dungeons and playing created content as well. Extremely looking forward to spending time in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    As someone that played NWN1* offline modules and PW/Social, etc. servers extensively, I pledge that I will leech on ya'll's creations that you will generously provide for our community to give them purpose and a reason for being. :cool:

What?!? :confused: I'm just being honest about my laziness when it comes to actual dedicated work like creating a whole playable game module** :p

*I hated NWN2 so I barely played it and eventually moved on from NWN after NWN1 started dying out
    **but yeah, I may give the Foundry a twirl and create a quest or two if I can come up with something. Maybe I'll get back into DM mode and create some real stories, though, its been a couple of years since I played PnP. Though, my first creation is probably gonna be a test run just to try out the tools and familiarize myself with them.
    I hope the foundry will be challenging enough for me to keep returning to it. Will certainly try to make a few adventures. If that's a success I iwll be making a lot more.
  • Options
    barkellisbarkellis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will of course be trying out the Foundry content. Not sure if I will try my own or not...will wait and see.
  • Options
    iceybluekitsuneiceybluekitsune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited February 2013
    i am unsure yet if i will try anything on the foundry i will most likely have to look over what people are making and if there is something that sounds good or i have some friend reccomend it then yeah id go after it to try it out. as for making my own content it will mostly come down to how easy the tool is to use or how intuitive the process of making something becomes.
  • Options
    imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited February 2013
    Yes, as a DM on pnp DD, i will create several public and closed adventures.

Specially if i can edit some way to show a story or make the NPCs talk.
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    - Will you try content made by other players?
    - Sure I will do. I'm very tired to repeat and repeat and repeat always the same dungeons or instances, that comes with a game. Is always good to see the creativity of different people, so you can learn always new things and know "what to do" and well... "what not to do" to create an exciting experience.

-Will you create new adventures yourself?
    - Sure I will do. And I must give you a lot of thanks to include such tool for the game. Thank you, thank you very much. Perhaps I guess, I will spend more time creating than playing.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    neya01neya01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited February 2013
    YES! I do hope the player created content will be as good as in Dragon age:Origins. That game was my first 'real' game, so i hope Neverwinter will be even better, especially in player content.
  • Options
    josefcorpjosefcorp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    100% YES!! Probably the first thing i do after i log in will be browsing for new stuff in the foundry ^^
  • Options
    kainiankainian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hell yeah I want to try out the Foundry. I hope it will bring back the memories of my old D&D tabletop days and Neverwinter nights.
  • Options
    blazer2001blazer2001 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think this is one of the selling features of the game, and I will definately play and try to create new content using this feature, I'm really looking forward to using it :).
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • Options
    thenakedgypsythenakedgypsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    HELLZ YEAH!! I cant wait for the foundry!! I really like the idea of being able to level alts without repeating the same content! I loved making modules for both NWN and NWN2 and I am really excited about being able to so easily share the content that I create with both my friends and with people Ive never even met before! Bring on the creativity!! Neverwinter ftw!! =D
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure I'll dabble in both options. I'm not super creative but as a programmer I am intrigued in playing with the tool-set to see what can be done. I also can't wait to see what sorts of amazing content users come up with. I really hope some of the NWN authors that made incredible experiences will jump into The Foundry ASAP.
  • Options
    alaizabelalaizabel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What a silly question, of course I'll be participating in other individual's content -- especially since I know that there are some individuals who go over the top, Cryptic might have some competition on their hands! As for personally making new content, I'll give it a go, but I'll probably just end up embarrassing myself!

Not only that, but I am extremely excited to see the game in general. I've been a die hard fan of the Neverwinter franchise for quite some time, which always seem to lose out to some other MMORPG for me. But in combining these two behemoths into one, you've gotten me all frisky and excited to see how it plays!
  • Options
    kratarionkratarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have been looking for an opportunity to create adventures for my friends (and everyone else ;) ) for a loong time! :)
    I will use the foundry for sure.
  • Options
    sanjes1sanjes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    User created content was one of my favorite parts of Neverwinter Nights. I can't wait to play it in an MMORPG. As for making some content of my own I might give it a try. I could break out some of my old D&D adventures I have made with my friends. Just all depends on the level of difficulty.
  • Options
    sboufassboufas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    One of other MMOs that captured my attention is neverwinter. this title looks promising specially after knowing that it will be a complete F2P
    I always find it as a good initiative and experience , if only we had like an open beta for everyone to test the game for at least 2 to 3 days , then i will be definitely a founder of this game as it is the case with the recently released PoE and as it was the case with tera and other games .
    i will always support those games because they do not try to suck money from you .
  • Options
    delilahdraculdelilahdracul Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will probably focus on other players' content rather than creating my own. At least to start off with.
  • Options
    handyman1987handyman1987 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    cant wait to see the ideas that people come up with, this will deff keep the people that get board with mmos (due to the lack of content released). so looks like ill be able to play this game for a long time, plus i love the neverwinter games and story's.
  • Options
    tiryxtiryx Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Commenting for a chance to win. Can't pass this up! So excited to try this game out :)
  • Options
    allumo619allumo619 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    for the foundry i plan to see what other ppl are creative enough to make and also will use my ideas to create content on it as the limitatios of the foundry will allow. i hope it offers a lot of freedom so that ppl can take advantage of their imagination and create stuff
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Member Posts: 4,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Like I have said in the other Cryptic games, which is pretty much a cut, paste and edit from their respective forums.

For every month that Cryptic does not release a brand new event or content, I will create AT LEAST ONE feature length quest for the community to play. I will also get my Guild and Guild affiliates to promote and set up coordinated events to promote and get players into each released quest I create ON TOP of the featured Foundry System I may benefit from.

The catch of course would be I win this Comment to Win.
  • Options
    briskzbriskz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lol that's kind of a silly question, of course people are going to try out player generated content, The question is what steps are being made to make sure this feature is well known? Might I suggest Steam, and to use workshop program they have. I'm sure with community as large as steam you wouldn't have to worry about lack of player generated content. I myself enjoy making quest, maps etc, Time Splitters anyone? :D
  • Options
    shamelessmashshamelessmash Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    will definitely improve the overall game play. I cannot wait until I can fully explore this option.
This discussion has been closed.