test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    atlas1338atlas1338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definetly play it! it sounds awesome to create his own campaign.

But creating... it sounds even better. i guess i will spend a lot of time in creating campaigns.. hopefully someone will play it :)
  • Options
    tonski96tonski96 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely try the foundry. I'm also going to try to make something by myself. Love the game so far and I'm interested in how will the foundry work out. :D
  • Options
    durinsbane1durinsbane1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I WILL DEFINATELY use the foundry! Can't wait to see player made content and of course I have some adventures to share and create for others as well!
  • Options
    locknvlocknv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have already completed a few Foundry quests, and found one to be VERY easy, and one was interesting. I will definately make other adventures for people to play
  • Options
    chrisdaimpchrisdaimp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have no intention of making content, I want to spend my time playing content made by others. Unlike STO this seems VERY interesting to me and I want to try it out!
  • Options
    necronidasnecronidas Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i will play it everyday!
  • Options
    oldtrickeyoldtrickey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely! How many other mmos let players do this?!
  • Options
    leemoughtonleemoughton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I cant wait for the Foundry ive been playing pen & paper DnD all my life so getting my group on this and converting some of my old adventures will be epic !
  • Options
    isildeisilde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would definitely try out player-made content. I don't think I'll be making my own content, though.
  • Options
    stimulusresponsestimulusresponse Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is a MAJOR draw for me. I am more excited about that than anything (but then I am the type that loves these kinds of editors more than playing actual games :P)

I already have a host of different stories in my head that would make for intricate quest chains and a few short and sweet stories as well. I can't wait to play around with the Foundry tools!

In addition, I am curious to see what people do with it. I think it will be fun to see what kind of quests are the most popular.
  • Options
    whisperionwhisperion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For me, it's going to be a definite yes. A thousand times yes. I love the Forgotten Realms and I'll be looking forward to seeing all the amazing ways other players will use the Foundry to tell their own original stories within the setting.
  • Options
    daveforddaveford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan on playing the foundry playing content as soon as I finish the tutorial
  • Options
    bryan0nbryan0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mod building and playing is one of my favorite aspects of the Neverwinter franchise. I am looking forward to playing with the Foundry and seeing what others are making.
  • Options
    zeeny1zeeny1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I probably will be playing Foundry content. Seems a fun way to have something different to do.
  • Options
    crazyshadowfyrcrazyshadowfyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not only do i plan to play in it, but i also plan to create a thing or two.
  • Options
    zeeny1zeeny1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Probably so. Seems fun.
  • Options
    derov2derov2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely. Foundry is some kind of tribute to old-shool peper RPG dungeon masters. Anyone should try this :) i think it will take a huge part in this game.
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will you try content made by other players?
    I can't wait to explore UGC. It's a massive draw for me to play Neverwinter.
    Will you create new adventures yourself?
    I do plan to try my hand at it. If possible, I'd prefer to collaborate with others on a project.

Best of luck to all!
  • Options
    charly0579charly0579 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will DEFINITELY be playing Foundry content in Neverwinter. I already did it frequently in NWN which got its structure from you guys. It is a given I am going to be playing Foundry content. I will also be trying to figure out how to create my own contentas soon as possible! :)
  • Options
    soridormisoridormi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Whether I will create content, depends on whether the tools have all the features I need. Like branching quest lines, and reusable rooms. (Rooms that you already cleared get repopulated with other type of monsters when conditions are met and you visit them again.) But I will certainly play content made by others, and am hoping that it will outdo Cryptic made content.
  • Options
    frostvingefrostvinge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh yes, definitely.

Since it's more and more seldom that my friends and I actually manage to get together for some pen and paper adventures; The Foundry is sweeeeet!

The ability to flesh out your very own adventure (or even better, for my awesome DM to flesh it out) and then being able to access it anytime, over and over?

Yes, please!
  • Options
    wrapzwrapz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes to playing, and yes to creating something of my own. After all who doesn't want to try their hand at playing the Dungeon Master once in a while. :)
  • Options
    thehttheht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    I'll absolutely be using the Foundry, both for playing and creating!

I only learned about DnD (the specifics, like what are DMs, etc.) recently despite knowing about it since I was kid, and the whole thing actually sounds pretty fun.

Video games however are more my forte (though I'd like to try out the pen and paper stuff at some point), so an opportunity to easily get and create customized adventures, in a free MMO no less, definitely won't be passed up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll probably give some of the Foundry content a try but I probably will not try to make it myself. I know my limitations :)
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    veltor1234veltor1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    the foundry content is where am expecting to find true depth in this game... face it in neverwinter nights 1 and 2 the best gaming came from player built worlds .... this is a great way to keep things interesting and fun... with quality foundry content this game SHOULD be a blast for years to come... cya all in game
  • Options
    kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be using the foundry to DM my own missions/quests. and be playing those created by others.

to me, comming from PnP where u had a DM. i like the idea of the community (DM's) making my adventures.
    "Drive it like u stole it"
  • Options
    kondrat4kondratkondrat4kondrat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yeah, it's interesting to wright the story in some huge fantasy world like Neverwinter and try other people stories, so I definitely will try it.
  • Options
    snykisnyki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22
    edited February 2013
    Yes i will play player made content also i will make content by myself since i am huge foundry fan
  • Options
    gondarathgondarath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    Well, you would have to be stupid not too try The Foundry. Even if it's just to play someone's creation, because #1, you never know what kind of content is coming. #2, Because you know there is gonna be some realm lore fanatic out there that is gonna make something so good that it "might" just make it into the next patch possibly and give you a chance to see it from the beginning. I know I'd love to try to make some CRAZY stuff for peeps to have fun with!! ]:}
  • Options
    whatapest1whatapest1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yes of course that what makes Neverwinter speical being able to make content of your own to share with everyone.
This discussion has been closed.