test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• elizabetieelizabetie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yes i will love to play dungeons from the foundry then i will like to create some for my guild and friends to play on.
  • eiddurreiddurr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For sure!

User generated content has kept me going in other games for ages. I'm sure The Foundry will allow players to create awesome new content for everyone to explore. So I'm very excited about this :)
  • flarebombflarebomb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not only do i plan on playing content from the foundry but I have a degree in game design and animation, I plan on creating content every month.
  • alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Very much yes. Foundry content so far has been amazingly polished through simple fact that the Foundry system makes it so.
  • vilocviloc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 55
    edited February 2013
    Oh yeah, I also plan on trying my hand at creating some content
  • msakashamsakasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely plan on playing user made content based on adventuring story content and others focused on dungeon based action.
  • tariboitariboi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course.I hope to see and play many great foundry quests.Try my best to do some great content my self
  • live4hslive4hs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundy will be the major power that would keep the game alive after years and years. So my answer is definitely YES, i can't wait to play campaigns made by my mates! :)
  • xanderkeilxanderkeil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will without a doubt play content created by other players. I will most likely use it to create adventures as well. I have always loved creating custom scenarios in games from everything from The Elder Scrolls to Neverwinter Nights 2. I've seen the content that devoted players of Forgotten Realms games put out, and it is without a doubt some of the highest quality content ever, I'd honestly be surprised if there were people who didn't play custom content.
  • navarxidanavarxida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be macking content that will make the players life a living hell. I can't wait to make you all cry!!!
  • taenkeertaenkeer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

Yes, absolutely!! I think player generated instances will be a great part of the driving force behind this game! :)

And yes, I do imagine I'll have a go at creating some myself, if it's not crazy complicated, and if I can keep focus on a storyline and not loosing it to little tiny details I want juuuuuust right... :D
  • pyrocrastinatorpyrocrastinator Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely, The Foundry has been one of the main things I have been looking forward to. I will likely spend most of my time either playing or creating Foundry content.
  • klusharklushar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most certainly, it's an awesome and unique feature. I love the idea and am looking forward to creating some content in the foundry on my own. ;]
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely play some content. I've enjoyed a few of the Foundry missions in STO and NW's toolset looks much more robust, so I look forward to seeing what people make for the game.

I'm going to poke around in the Foundry, but I doubt that I'll be making much content myself, unless the toolset is strong and simple enough to realize the ideas that I come up with without the extensive workarounds, backwards solutions, and design compromises that STO's forces you into.
  • svijany12svijany12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Indeed; for I believe that it is The Founry that will make Neverwinter stand tall against other free MMO. Although myself I'm not a true dungeon master I am looking forward to playing/rating/supporting creations of others.
    'Onoronodonovon takes you!'
  • shortasshortas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes! I will definitely play it.
  • callmethomcallmethom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes of cause i will. The idea is amazing and I dont understand why i not seen it in other games. It solves the endgame and no one can never run out of content to do.
  • mellimeldisiel91mellimeldisiel91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely! Players are very often creative and very detailed. So I am looking forward to this part of the game as well:)
  • navharnavhar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 73
    edited February 2013
    I've been playing for years nwn online, making my own worlds and loving all the players-made worlds and mods. I can't wait to do the same with content from the Foundry. I've watched a couple videos about it and looks huge but quick and easy at the same time.

I still cannot believe you have put such a magic tool into an Mmo. Foundry is going to make this MMO the best ever.
  • hayzehayze Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Honestly it depends on how good of a checks and balance system for the foundry is in place. Hopefully you guys have put alot of thought into how to prevent players from abusing the power and also making worthwhile content and rewards for them. Im definitely looking forward to being able to get in there and check out everything that is possible with the foundry system. If this system is half as good as the one for the neverwinter nights games it will be a big draw to the game and quell alot of the people that have been complaining about the minor changes you guys made to the stat system and combat in general (not being as D&D as they would like).
  • taelok9taelok9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I will most definitely be making use of both the creation and user-generated content sides of the Foundry. Thank you for keeping this most awesome aspect of the Neverwinter Nights games in this release! Bill and Ted wanted me to pass along, Happy Valentine's Day, Gnarly Dudes!
  • seashell9seashell9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've created for years modules and helped shaping Persistent World modules in NWN and NWN2.

Although i can see that the Foundry will never reach the vast choices Aurora toolset's block landscape and (full Script editor) + 2DA file writing (and importing of own model / meshes and textures / sound) for NWN1, or even the baking of map landscapes in obsidian's NWN2 editor, from what i've seen, it will still offer enough possibilities.

We will never be able to transform players into bears and let them mount a dragon or create custom skills, but we probably can write a story about it :)
  • assassin7assassin7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, of course, its cool and uncommon.
  • eranicuseranicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of coarse on both questions,

Why limit the players to standard maps, let them make their own advantures and share em with all, bloody brilliant! This should give a lot more dungeons to play and should give more skilldepth in em. And i want to make em too, should be really funny. Making very skilled dungeons or making the most hilarius one, full with goofy characters and the most stupidest quests you can imagine.

Good job so far with this game, cant wait to start playing this.
  • xxxreplicantxxxxxxreplicantxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I most definitely plan to try others peoples content. That is a given because games like City of Heroes/Villains, Elder Scrolls, and Trials for example have shown the creativity of people. Not to mention the adventures I have had with friends over the years, DM's at various Cons, and friend of a friend gaming sessions.

The Foundry is my main draw for the game along with the setting as I want to recreate as best I can some of the adventures that I have had in D&D/AD&D over the past 30 years. I've been mapping and adventuring on Faerun itself since the setting was released when I was in Junior High. I still have many sheets of graph paper yellowed with age and covered barely legible pencil markings where I was charting out dungeons or making working maps of our movements all over the continent.
  • belleal1belleal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, I will surely try out player made content, but will probably go for the highest rated at least for start. To be honest it's still hard to imagine how all that is going to work, but it's definitely something I'd like to try.

As for creating my own content, that wold be at a later point, after I got enough knowledge on how the game works and how the adventures are built. I've done some customer content with the toolset of the single-player Neverwinter Nights back in the time and if this Foundry is at least as good as that one, then I surely want to give it a try.
  • kuithforumkuithforum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, of course.
    There are lots of genius waiting to create Foundry Content, and i will be glad to play their creations.
  • zebulgrimzebulgrim Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will probably play others content, and most likely make my own.
  • sol0ksol0k Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course I will use The Foundry. Remembering how good Neverwinter Nights was about making adventures and made the game fun to play for several years. With The Foundry, Neverwinter will expand to a whole new level and make all of these creative minds around of so many come to life.
  • abdullah96abdullah96 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Very Unique idea , we make dungeons but not dragons for sorry :D , but this still epic , i bought the "Hero of North " Pack , and i hope i get the " Guardian of Neverwinter Pack " For the Epic Armored Horse , and thank you very much for this Support with the Foundry Program
This discussion has been closed.