test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most definitely. I've enjoyed a number of player-created missions in STO and while I haven't created anything myself there yet, I've taken a look through what it's capable of and am working on a number of ideas for Star Trek. I'm more interested in what the Neverwinter Foundry is going to be capable of... as much as I love Trek.
  • Options
    dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I would ensure a few Foundry adventures to other participants and I'd play both of other and mine created contents not to be missed:p
  • Options
    drunkprince86drunkprince86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course, i m going to enjoy foundry since our Gm is a great DM as well..
  • Options
    jenny867jenny867 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely try others quests and hopefully get inspiration to help mold and shape my own quests and campaigns. I can't wait to get my hands on the Foundry! I see myself spending many many hours with just the foundry, creating and playing other's content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elluricelluric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't wait to try out created content and to make lot sand lots of my own content! Foundry was one of the biggest selling points for me to this game. I love the idea it is integrated right into the main area, brilliant. Hope it works as well as I want it to!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    timppakotimppako Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is a big motivation for me to try this game. If it attracts same kind of talent that nwn 1 and 2 did with their module-making editors then we will be in for a treat. It would be also interensting to dabble with the Foundry myself.
  • Options
    brodersmertebrodersmerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Some of the best contents for NWN and NWN2 was user made, and City Of Heroes had a lot of good AE stuff as well, so unless it for some reason is less accessible than regular content (eg. extra fees to play) I expect to play a ton of Foundry content :)
  • Options
    danielzaiser91danielzaiser91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is what makes this mmo so special,
    it is the main reason to anticipate neverwinter.

i would like to see a comment and rating system for user created adventures, which can be sorted.

i will definitly check it out and try to create my own adventure, like i did in the rpg maker series.
    i hope it will be easy to use and user friendly.

BTW: On Facebook you wrote (Quote):

"Answer our question about the Foundry here, http://ow.ly/hHbhi , and get guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013!"

but only 1 can win, so this is kinda irritating...

whatever i will still try my luck and hope to be the one ;)

See you in Beta whether it will be closed or open.
  • Options
    frellanoblefrellanoble Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have no doubt I will be enjoying my time in a quiet tavern, when some injured commoner dressed in all black will come and disturb my delightful mead, asking for help with one problem or another! (Because everyone knows, that's how all the good D&D Sessions start!)
  • Options
    goblinlovegoblinlove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The founders system will be amazing. When you look back to previous Neverwinter Nights titles and see how the DM tool sets allowed player created adventures and then look at what Perfect World Entertainment and Cyptic have done in the past and you would be a fool not to realize the limitless potential of the system.

I plan on creating solid content to help push Neverwinter into being one of the best FTP games available.
  • Options
    h3ad0ffthe0neh3ad0ffthe0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry looks amazing so far ! Can't wait to try it and can't wait to play the game overall :D
  • Options
    zandrinzandrin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cannot wait to try it all out!!
  • Options
    bsfelixbsfelix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For me, the Foundry is the most important hing in the whole game.... my creativity is waiting ;)
  • Options
    mildernothmildernoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Naturally. The Foundry is the is the virtul dream of every dm.
  • Options
    sofademonsofademon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited February 2013
    Yesss precious, and I will use it to design dungeons that drop lots of beta keys for loot, and hand them out like candy, because I must play this game NOW. I am using my jedi mind powers. Just send me the freaking beta key already.
  • Options
    essaidisessaidis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sounds like a great idea but I would like to know how you handle loot in the Player made stuff... cause I don't want people to be able to abuse it to get sick gear.. -.-

also I would like to hear more about the "loot" system in player made content... cause if some random guy can make a crappy dungeon that takes 2 min to complete and it drops legendary and epic loot... the game will be ruined.. anyone with information on the loot system in player made content please share
  • Options
    f2plaaayf2plaaay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Looking forward to the foundry. My brother is an avid DM and I try to learn from his example. One of the few activities we get to do together anymore (since we now live in different states) is try to do D&D online, it's how myself him and a bunch of our old friends stay in touch. Looking forward to see what the toolset has in store for adventure creation, I'm sure many fun hours will be had.
  • Options
    apostlesapostles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    Everything about the foundry sounds awesome. I will certainly try out the content created by other players, but I'm even more excited to create my own deadly adventures to test my friends :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ohliufohliuf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is an amazing system in my opinion. I've seen this recently in another game and it just brings so much variety to the game. Player sharing their hard work with the world or just having fun with their friends makes the game more fun.

So yea I think this system will be awesome and lots of players will enjoy it.
  • Options
    zakharizakhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11
    edited February 2013
    Hello. I seriously can't wait to test out the Foundry content myself. I think it will be an amazing experience and give pen and paper dungeon masters the ability to finally see their hard work in the "flesh". Not only that, I can't wait to experiment with it myself and see what I can come up with. I think it's going to be amazing! I can't wait for all aspects of this game to launch! :D
  • Options
    ariesvonflameariesvonflame Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yes i will :P
  • Options
    kamerilkameril Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can't wait to use The Foundry, NWN had some pretty good player made content so I think The Foundry won't be any different! :)
  • Options
    dwarfkosdwarfkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Probably, but first I would like to do the "original" storyline.
  • Options
    craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Will also play definitely play Foundy contents!
    Already did so on Neverwinter Nights, some were really awesome - some were just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - but its like a neverending story with everday-like new content.
    I'll also give it a try creating my own, let's see ;)
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • Options
    ventris24ventris24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Answer is yes to both questions, it is one of the many things I am looking forward to in Neverwinter :)
  • Options
    vindlethvindleth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Taking other games as references, user made contet often surpasses the developed content, missions/quests are often shorter, funnier, and they represent the game by someone who really loves it and is doing it for the fun.
  • Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definately, I can only hope that they allow a DM/creator voiceover so that the experience is realistic, coming from someone was has played the classic DDO voiceover's from the original D&D creators I can honestly say that this is key to making the experience of narrated adventures memorable.
  • Options
    krazykatff31krazykatff31 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most definitely, I spent many of hours and creating maps, worlds and dungeons in all the previous Neverwinter games. Then to go into your work and get defeated by surprises you forgot you added? Nothing can compare.
  • Options
    leyzzleyzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is one thing that can make this game "super-duper-extra-super-cool"-feature. The game itself looks awesome and I think it will be a big hit.
    But when we get our hands on The Foundry I think we're all gonna see how really amazing it is. Never ending story-ish.
    I'm really looking forward to try other players content but also trying to do something cool myself.
    Leveling an alt without doing the what seems in other games, -same old, same old- is something really nice.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yea ofcourse, the foundry is a major feature of this game and will be one of the top reasons to play it.

I will definetely try out the tool also, not sure if I'll release content or not, but I may.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
This discussion has been closed.