test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• lunarnightlunarnight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It'll be interesting to see how creative people can be with the foundry system. I'm really excited to see if people can surpass what the developers intended for this system.
  • okiraannokiraann Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I played the original Neverwinter. I was part of a server community and I even used the toolkit to script out some dialogue. So, yeah, I'd give some user-made content a go.
  • fursnakefursnake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited February 2013
    Of course I will be playing content from the Foundry. Playing player made content is major part of the essence of D&D. I plan on creating content in the FOundry.

The real question is: How can you not play content from the Foundry?
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most definatley and already did a few runs in Beta!
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • nahawkenahawke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been playing D&D for 30+ years, and have written probably hundreds of adventures in that time. I am literally SLAVERING to recreate some of my favorites in the Foundry, as well as be inspired by other people's creations. I can't afford to buy my way into Beta, so I'm crossing every body part I can that I get chosen for the Guardian pack. :)
  • fractalprismfractalprism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im looking forward to the Foundry, it should be a great source for new quests and other content.

As the community participates in creating content, i wonder, will it be like the Steam Workshop, where players could possibly get paid for doing so?
  • usgphilusgphil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is a major draw in the game for me. I enjoyed the mission builder in City of Heroes very much, and have great hopes for the Foundry in Neverwinter.

I have an old DND group that used to meet every Saturday for table-top sessions. We've since moved apart to different cities, but have always kept in touch and have always gamed together online.

I am hoping the Foundry allows us to do some virtual table-top gaming as we used to.
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).
  • aelthas002aelthas002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will definitely be using the foundry I love the ability to create stories to share with other players, It's something I've loved about the Neverwinter series. I am also looking forward to see what others players create. There is sure to be some great missions created with the easy accessibility the Foundry appears to have. I'm sure there will be a big crowd of people that would not normally have all the technical know-how to have their works come to life.
  • deeplytribbleddeeplytribbled Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm more excited about foundry content in Neverwinter than foundry content in Star Trek Online. The very foundation of Dungeons & Dragons hinges on the ingenuity of its adventurers. I can't wait to see what tabletop dungeon masters can do!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• moonmonstermoonmonster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The only reason I wouldn't be playing Foundry content is that I'd be writing Foundry content. You know, you probably could sell more of those $200 packs if they offered beta-access to the Foundry too, hint hint...
  • rasgoonrasgoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).

Foundry quests are a great supplement to regular quests along the way so I will definitely do them.
  • didlsdidls Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Would be very cool to be able to play content of other players, as long as the implementation relies on experimenting and is able to create new ideas (e.g. custom objectives, enable some puzzle solving, ...). Only being able to create a dungeon and to add monsters would be a bit dull and not creative at all. Would be no point in playing them if you've got the ones made by the developers.

In any case, you'd have to check the map on quality to (1) encourage people to do their best and actually finish the work and (2) not spreading the crappy ones which are only a waste of time. And no, letting the players give a score won't solve the problem. Most have terrible taste and only give scores on how well they did. So all that will be left are the easy levels, levels made for the design of something rather than gameplay or levels where the creator 'kindly' ask to give a high rating.
  • p0rcip0rci Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    much looking forward to seeing how much friendlier it is than the NWN toolset. that game hung on to players forever even tho most could not build for it, mostly just those with a tech background and the very stubborn. the content was often rather poor as a result. just imagine if things are built by the imaginative rather than just the hardheaded.....toss in coms on top and maybe we will get what NWN should have been.
  • vandal1vandal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As i have seen with the Original Neverwinter game the community creations were many times incorporated into the game itself
    to help make the game even more enjoyable for all that play. This is going to be fun, Neverwinter was my first official sorta online game i played so its like an old friend coming home. *grins*
  • ikadixaikadixa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course I will
  • bashargelionbashargelion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As the de facto DM for all my D&D gaming groups, yes, the Foundry is one of the THE best features that's been announced for this game and as excited as I am for other player-built content, I'm most looking forward to using the toolset myself! That could easily be how my friends and I spend most of our time in-game: building content and running it. I'm sure we'll play the main game, too, but that's gonna be just too much fun!
  • zentrasizentrasi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes I will be since it's about all I did during beta, like this campaign by Zebular
    It will be what I do the most when the game is released. There are some really talented authors out there.
  • sleep1ngsleep1ng Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Foundry will give this game much more content, than any other game after 1 month after start and this is amazing! Also, my friend and I will try to create something, for example some story connected with Luskan and Waterdeep!
  • fashn1kfashn1k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    I am willing to try Foundry levels provided they are well screened for quality or come with reviews that inform me of their quality. I've always wanted to create a level in the rpg games I've played through so I will definitely try to use Foundry.
  • nwinchucknwinchuck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry is one of the game aspects that I am looking forward to the most. I started playing D&D many many years ago. I also DM'd alot and enjoyed making my own scenerios. In Baldur's Gate, I was so excited that Neverwinter lived up to my expectations of what I thought the city could look like; and now, I am so excited to experience it in an MMO. I can't wait to start seeing what players have in-store for the rest of us and to see what I can make for others and be able to share my ideas.
  • gorakzakathgorakzakath Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course, I can't wait to see the tools integrated in the foundry. I'm already a D/M for tabletop game, i've already a few idea for a sick campaign. I'm pretty sure I can manage some thing for my players who can't meet us anymore at our weekly session. Pretty sure I can create campaign for them and make the whole community of gamer part of it and enjoy it.
  • henzaihenzai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 154
    edited February 2013
    I will most certainly play foundry content, and I might even try to make my own if time allows it.
    The greatest strength with the foundry, as i see it at least, is that the mind of many outshine the mind of few. As long as more than one DM use the foundry, a competition will arise. Out of that competition i hope to see some really great contents.
    The foundry is the most appealing aspect of this game, and i hope a lot of fun will be had, by all of us.
  • suyukiasuyukia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    YES... I will definitely playing Foundry content and I can't to create my own dungeon :D
  • harekazeharekaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I will for sure be playing Foundry content. I would honestly prefer the main game's content to be more polished though. From the small amount of time I spent on the three Dweomer Keeper quests, I can definitely see myself spending a lot of time creating missions. I look forward to seeing what the biggest map is that you can make. I'd love to make a massive campaign in a forest setting, and have tons of bridges and rivers and the like. I'm really looking forward to testing the foundry out. :)
  • wachalwachal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will most definitely try some player-made content. That was one thing that I loved about the original Neverwinter Nights. I probably will not be creating any content myself. That is not my cup of tea.
  • xakayashixxakayashix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will for sure! I just love that feature and can't wait to create my own Adventures<3 I would try to make story allusions to the Drizzt books, if that is possible, I know many people who play that game hate Drizzt, but I don't care. ;)
    And of course I will play other users adventures too, cause I fell in love with that dungeon system. It's just too much fun *-*
    Plus, i can collect new Ideas that way. :o
  • tatasasasastatasasasas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry may easily be , one the feature that makes this game even more amazing . Sure , i want to play with friend , or other people in general ,mission , stages , dungeons and whatever another player had made , but .... man all these years of being a DM finally seem to see a light at the end of the tunnel . I am going to create so many of my adventures which they had problems being played cause of my lack of good descriptive , indeed . I am going to "master" the foundry , and definetly i am going to create lots of adventures , well after i see forgoten realms with my own eyes :P
  • lomyldor1lomyldor1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes i will play same as in STO.
  • ironclad22ironclad22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm looking forward to trying the builder so i can make dungeons for friends that I play the pen and paper game with. Hopefully I can talk my DM into trying it out too, so we can trade dungeons.
  • dioxis2dioxis2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    indirect ofkoz a reward ;)
This discussion has been closed.