test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    luminal81luminal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course. It's the feature interesting me more.
  • Options
    thornleighthornleigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ab-so-lutely! One of my biggest issues with mmos is the lack of constant endgame stuff that you can duo or solo. Foundry content will hopefully fill the gap. (As well as let me relive my glory days and/or youth as a 2nd and 3rd ed DM xD)
  • Options
    mystical1toomystical1too Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is a techies/D&D players dream come true!! I cant wait to try my hand at this and looking forward to what others create! ;)
  • Options
    wodny1988wodny1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course! I will be playing content from the Foundry and I will be creating such content. :)
  • Options
    maladahnmaladahn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am definitely interested in Foundry content to go along with the already created content. I'd like to try my hand at creating some as well, but it always seems to me that when I try to do something too creative I have so many ideas that I get locked up and create nothing.
  • Options
    devilman0xdevilman0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).

I certainly plan to see what type of stuff is on the Foundry and will be quite curious to see what sorts of adventures and stories are developed there.
  • Options
    polardroogpolardroog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    YES! and yes cant wait to see how it all works and ties into game
  • Options
    ihaspotpaiz59ihaspotpaiz59 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely!

I think the feature will be amazing. Will help keep the game fresh, and give players something new that no MMO has done before. I am excited to create adventures with the foundry, and run foundry adventures made by others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    heyitsbobheyitsbob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course! I plan on taking full advantage of the Foundry when it is available. I have spent hundreds of hours in Neverwinter Nights, and that's one of the main reasons I'm so enthralled about Neverwinter as an MMO. I plan on spending a lot of time trying out other adventures made by the community, and I would even like to create my own.
  • Options
    shurafayshurafay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes and of course. I played Neverwinter night and what I liked most was to create campaigns on the platform of Aurora. I use "the foundry" everything I can.
  • Options
    nordicspecialnordicspecial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh course, loved player content in sto, and I can't wait to see what people come up with. maybe I'll rock out a few myself.
  • Options
    supermunchkin1supermunchkin1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm looking forward to both playing and trying my hand at making foundry content :)
  • Options
    ashgabarashgabar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes i will be playing Foundry content this is one of the big features that i love about this game and the whole neverwinter series of games. Me and several friends are already planning out a lot of different story we want to create and play.
  • Options
    firehawke115firehawke115 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes and Yes! The Foundry is the part of Neverwinter that I am anticipating most. Playing great content created by the community and getting a chance to develop my own adventures. How much better could it get?
  • Options
    traciadawntraciadawn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will most definitly be exploring player made content, I remember Neverwinters Nights some of the content was stellar and broke the game down to a very base level. Of hardcore adventuring for little reward. Ilike it when different aspects of a game can be drawn upon by many different minds.
  • Options
    serdeviserdevi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    After I get a feel for the game and feel comfortable I will absolutely try out the foundry submissions :) Probably will take my time so the community can weed out the greats and the... not so much. :) And whenever I have an idea for a quest, if I can visualize it, I will try my best to use the foundry to make it! I can't wait :D
  • Options
    sintherussintherus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I absolutely will be playing Foundry content. I'm new to the series, not having played anything like this before, and I want to see the creativity of others rewarded with awesome dungeons. It seems like it will also be a great way to level with new friends while keeping the experience fresh for people who have gone through the rounds already!
  • Options
    nidiknidik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes! I look forward to seeing what other players come up with. I used to make my own maps for Heroes of Might and Magic games, which added tons of replayability and extra fun and problem-solving, so I will definitely try out the Foundry.
  • Options
    jalekjalek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Already played Foundry content, enjoyed it and can't wait to do more and make my own campaigns as well!
  • Options
    jyadejyade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's one of the biggest draws for me so I will be checking it out. I love the fact that we will have a ton of options to level. I tend to get bored easily and am thinking this will make the content last so much longer!
  • Options
    tedtadeotedtadeo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Posibilities are endless... I will do both, first play the game to learn a content. In a meantime while playing paper D&D and preparing adventures for my firends I ask them what kind of quest they would like to see in Neverwinter? Then I will make that adventure and we will play it :D
  • Options
    thefreakdthefreakd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Without a doubt the foundry is a big draw card for me. I plan to play and make as much player made content as i can fit in.

The mission builder in City of Heroes was great but limited, I hope that this system will be more balanced and not lead to farming missions like City did.

Bring on the FUN!!
  • Options
    serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course!
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • Options
    zavon01zavon01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry has me extremely excited for this game. I sincerely hope to recreate my best tabletop experiences for others-- and just as importantly, experience the tabletop stories of others!
  • Options
    crescens87crescens87 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I believe, The foundry is key to a game involving the dungeons and dragons IP. A game where you can create your own adventures to share with friends is the basic component of all Dungeons and Dragons. I will most definitely be trying my hand at creating a fun experience for everyone to try, as well as trying out other's adventures.
  • Options
    zarkaz123zarkaz123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is there one word that means "HELL YES"?
  • Options
    zelig88zelig88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Foundry is what makes this truly a D&D game. It looks fantastic as an MMO alone, but this allows there to essentially be classic Dungeon Masters to create their own adventures for us to play. I fully intend on at least attempting to create a small quest line with the Foundry, and will definitely spend a lot of time playing others' creations.
  • Options
    okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i will be yes but only content that has a high rating of quality, i am also planning on trying my hand at the foundry if its not too complicated!

there is always a lot of very high quality user generated content in the D&D universe be it stories for novels in the universe or campaigns made for the PnP game to mods and stories for the long line of D&D pc games especially NwN.

i hope the foundry is easier to use then the tool kit that shipped with NwN as i had a lot of trouble understanding it and never got very far :P

but dont forget to keep adding official content dont rely on the foundry for content :P

also make sure there is a way for us to leave feed back on player content and have a rating system, or have it so only the best make it in, because if you dont there is a risk of it being overflowed with sub standard quests.
  • Options
    tt1x1brtt1x1br Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would love to try out some adventures created by the community, not only that, I would love to add as much as I can to make others love this game as much as I already do!
  • Options
    darrksoldierdarrksoldier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is one of the things I am looking forward to most of all! I plan on trying to set up a stream-a-thon where I can get people in chat to help create a masterpiece and then see if we can speed run it or make it extremely difficult to beat! It is one of the top things on my to do list!!!
This discussion has been closed.