test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    paddymaxsonpaddymaxson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited February 2013
    Of course, it's a major draw of the game to me. I was hoping to not just create but maybe do a video series of reviews of foundry created content.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Yes!

I expect we'll see a lot of Foundry Content not only competing with Cryptic Content but exceeding it!
    That's my hope at least. *grins*
  • Options
    xristopherrobinxristopherrobin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course. Not only play, but I certainly want to try my hand at making new content myself.
  • Options
    rabidmonkey410rabidmonkey410 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I absolutely will be playing content made by other players, it's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most in Neverwinter. I probably won't be making anything myself, because I've never been very good at that kind of stuff.
  • Options
    babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hell yes I'll be making dungeons :) Can't wait!

Happy to try what others create too, should be fun...The Foundry is a major drawcard to the game for me.
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • Options
    nuvisnuvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm hoping to make my own adventures. I did so back in Neverwinter Nights, I do so currently in tabletop D&D, and I can't wait to bring my ideas to other players of Neverwinter. Here's hoping my quests become popular!
  • Options
    shoeboyshoeboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This one of the things I really look forward to! It keeps true to the Neverwinter games and it's dedication to the community!
  • Options
    stealthmosephstealthmoseph Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course! The Foundry is quite unique to this game.
  • Options
    trebnitramtrebnitram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will DEFINITELY be playing Foundry content in Neverwinter. I already do it frequently in STO which got its structure from you guys. Sooooo... Yeah... It is a given I am going to be playing Foundry content. I will also be trying to figure out how to create my own content.
  • Options
    taliabeartaliabear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Never been much of a creator, but I'd LOVE to try out some Foundry content.
  • Options
    thextexasxtigerthextexasxtiger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have no creative talent so don't expect me to make anything. I will certainly play other created adventures though.
  • Options
    chazzakchazzak Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Honestly? As fun as the game is, The Foundry is the only reason I'm giving it a go. It's really the only thing that's going to push it ahead of other f2p MMORPGs. I wouldn't be surprised if I only played with the Foundry and never really delved into the actual game itself.

I actually bought a Founder pack for the betas just to get in and play with the Foundry, only to find out later it would not be implimented. : / Ah well.
  • Options
    roguespiderroguespider Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I honestly can't wait to try out the stories, quests and missions people make.
    As a fan of RP i would like to find a guild i could go adventuring and exploring on those missions.

So in short: I can't wait to break in The Foundry content.
  • Options
    biniakbiniak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Honestly, the addition of something like "The Foundry" to a Free-To-Play game is spectacular on Cryptic and Perfect Worlds part. I look forward to spending many hours adventuring within "The Foundry" and discovering all its hidden treasures
  • Options
    meldarthxmeldarthx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    Its the game of course that is the draw - but the ablity to create your own adventures; dungeons now that is something that's not been done in an MMO over.

I used to create and ran a world in NWN from bioware - my friends and I had so much fun trying out new adventures in that games; and talking with my old gaming friends in the States since I'm now in England. We will be creating adventures; playing adventures for what we hope years to come.
  • Options
    garandor1garandor1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely, part of the attraction of Dungeon's and Dragons is the freedom for players to create their own content. It is great to hear that this functionality will be part of the game!
  • Options
    swolfe80swolfe80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh... absolutely! I'm looking forward to it. :)
  • Options
    psychojonpsychojon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I will.
  • Options
    g3dgoldg3dgold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

I'll try content by other players and I'll try to create my own adventures. It's the real D&D spirit to play and create, be player and creator. Because you can only increase you entertainment when using your creativity and immagination. :)
  • Options
    pinklynxpinklynx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definately! Foundry is one of the coolest things that neverwinter brings! I can't wait to play!!!
  • Options
    muaythaixdmuaythaixd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    I will play some dungeons from the foundry and when i want to relax a bit and just take my time to create a awesome dungeon
  • Options
    stouph2063stouph2063 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Me and my friend plan to re-create our D&D campains we have done over the years! My friend has been playing D&D for 20 years now and we like the Foundry as the best feature of all of the new game. We think it has the potential to make the game epic and bring a lot of players in! I've explored player missions in the Foundry on Star Trek Online and the stories people have made are very interesting. It's definetly something to look forward to!
  • Options
    hemmingjayhemmingjay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Given how good foundry content is in STO and the proven history of fan created content in the NWN world, absolutely!! It's a major selling point of the game.

PS If I win I would gift the founders package to my friend who is a rabid fan but couldn't afford to buy it.
  • Options
    mookabalmookabal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I look forward to the content other people will submit. I've been trying to get my DnD group interested in the game too, so we can make our own adventures.
  • Options
    peterandersson42peterandersson42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course I will try others adventure, and hopefully convert some on my own to Neverwinter, depending on how much of the foundry I can understand/get to obey me.
  • Options
    osgardosgard Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll try to write some adventures, if I can get my head around the tools.

I'll also try to play adventures other people write, but if it is anything like Star Trek Online, 95% of them will be designed for farming, rather than actual adventure, and it won't be as easy as it should be to tell which is which. Hopefully lessons have been learned from how the Foundry has turned out in STO. I really want the Neverwinter Foundry to be a success.
  • Options
    kuroshinkuroshin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course. It is one of the main points that have got me interested in this game (apart from seeing it was D&D related :D and other things of course). I am interested to see what others will make of this and how it will play out. I might (99%) even try my hand at creating something myself :)
  • Options
    crystalpbcrystalpb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why only one, why not both? I'll play everything that interests me but of course definitely content made from the creators, so Foundry is a yes.
  • Options
    boomserviceboomservice Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely yes, it is one of my main reasons to try out Neverwinter. And yes, i am also going to produce something for it.
  • Options
    kyrotepkyrotep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    I will try content made by other players, but it will probably be after I go through a good portion of the main game. I will also create my own content using the Foundry. I can't wait!
This discussion has been closed.