test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: Will you be playing content from the Foundry in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    morosthehatefulmorosthehateful Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    But of course is will try any content made by other players , i am a DM my self and creating and playing adventures is part of what i am .
    Always give an opportunity to other people when it comes to adventure making , there are many times that one person's creativity and ideas can change your whole way of thinking

:o New ways come to those that keep an open mind
    We're back with another comment to win contest. The Foundry will grant you access to new adventurers in Neverwinter. Will you try content made by other players? Will you create new adventures yourself?

One winner will win a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and guaranteed access to our next Beta Weekend on March 8, 2013.

This contest will end Friday, February 15th, at 12pm PST (Pacific).
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Foundrys one of the highlights of the game. Definitely giving it a go.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited February 2013
    Less than a day away to tell us about your Foundry plans!
  • Options
    tronc8463tronc8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This aspect of the game entices me the most. I've already had the privilege of playing a few Foundry missions and found the potential in them to be almost overwhelming. Giddy with the possibility of creating and playing content made by the public and my friends.
  • Options
    leopardladyleopardlady Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of course I plan to play in the foundry! I also will try my hand at creating some as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crislezcrislez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    of course i play ddoonline and wanted to play it love ddo
  • Options
    silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited February 2013
    Looking forward to crafting my own stories and dungeons with the foundry!
  • Options
    pwforum00001pwforum00001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll definitely try foundry content from other players. As for me creating content, it depends on how easy it is to learn the system.
  • Options
    aethandor8785aethandor8785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I’m very excited about the prospect of playing UGC in Neverwinter. I’m definitely going to sign up to review UGC as soon as I can. I even have a few ideas of my own I would like to try out in the Foundry when I can get my hands on it. All of you at Cryptic and PWE have done an impressive job getting this game up and running. I’m excited to see how much this game, and community will have accomplished in the next few years.
    Tyrs Paladium
    A Cleric has 99 problems, but a Lich aint one!
  • Options
    alnakaralnakar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely, the foundry is one of the major draws of the game for me. Like with STO, having community generated content in the game allows for a much greater variety of high-quality content than would otherwise be feasible. When I tell my friends about the game, the Foundry is always my main selling point. Even the big-budget MMOs (which shall remain unnamed) rely very heavily on unoriginal "collect 3,216 mcguffins" quests, because they can't spend the resources to create enough real content to keep players busy otherwise.
    - LTS since shortly before the F2P announcement, and very happy about it.
  • Options
    pr0tag0npr0tag0n Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes and yes! I cant wait to put some of my crazy ideas out there for people to see and play.. And likewise I cant wait to see what other people can come up with! :3
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, considering I tired out truths foundy quset during beta, yeah, I'll be trying more Foundry missions once the game goes full live.

By the way truth, was an interesting little adventure, but could not complete it when I talked to the girl once I exited. And yeah experienced some of the other bugs as well, but manage to get through it though. Just whish I could have completed it so I could rate it for ya.
  • Options
    maleficariusmaleficarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry is one and only reason why I will play this game. Playermade content is always AWESOME when made by passionate people, but i have my doubts about how the foundry will work.
    Sure you can make conversations, sure you can place enemies and they will attack you. But what about more detailed scripting, like let's say:
    A dungeon guide leading you through the swamp that he knows, only to lead you to an ambush and betray you?
    I would love to see some more advanced scripting options available, not sure we will have them though :(
  • Options
    dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan on making new content using the foundry. I have always wanted to mae game levels and the foundry will give an easy way to accomplish that.
  • Options
    gilbeggerbgilbeggerb Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2013
    Of course! I'm hoping for some recreated modules!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit for image to Shiaika. I just stole it!
  • Options
    shaunthemadshaunthemad Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry is what is what makes Neverwinter stand out in the sea of MMOs. Much like in the previous NWN games I suspect I'll be spending more time modding than playing. No doubt most of my time spent playing will be in Foundry content.
  • Options
    zarathos1506zarathos1506 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will, most definitely ! I already have so much ideas for quests stories to tell
  • Options
    tethiyeltethiyel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    Yes absolutely, playing and making Foundry content. =3
    "What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?"
  • Options
    chadillac5chadillac5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 61
    edited February 2013
    Yes! I cannot wait to play in the Foundry. Community content sometimes trumps developer content, and having competition to improve will drive creators to push themselves.
  • Options
    volrath1986volrath1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 50
    edited February 2013
    I want to both play and create great foundry story's
  • Options
    kittykurokittykuro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    More then likely I will be playing the Foundry quests but not creating them
  • Options
    yoshi77yoshi77 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be playing content made by other players. I think that is one of the big draws of this game. Usually the player communities do a very good job in this regard. I am thinking of NWN2. I would suspect a lot of those builders will be trying there hand at this game as well. Can't wait to see some of the player made content.

This game is very exciting!
  • Options
    meldrothmeldroth Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Of course on both counts!

Actually, the Foundry is the major draw for me with this game. I look forward to see what people put together with it, especially once they get used to the tools.

Prediction: The Foundry content will be pretty bad on the whole at the beginning, but will get progressively better.

If it weren't for the Foundry, I would be more interested in Tera or Wildstar than NW.

But we got ourselves a Foundry.
    "Truth is absolute, so if you truly seek it, you can find only one answer."
  • Options
    gobleangoblean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would most likely play user made content, but I really want to see the Foundry tools and try my hand at making something.
  • Options
    doomrazerdoomrazer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23
    edited February 2013
    I love to tinker with stuff like this, so I'll likely try my hand at building. Maybe try to create some sort of homage to the old modules like the Giants series, if possible.
  • Options
    jgp1975jgp1975 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My understand was that Neverwinter was being designed specifically to utilize the Foundry for UGC. While other content has been made by Cryptic for Neverwinter I still believe that the Foundry will be the primary source of long time game play. End Game content tends to get boring after you have farmed it several time. With the Foundry you can enjoy rather new content, and even make your own if you so choose. This will be one of the ways Neverwinter can keep player engaged. STO I think has had some sucess with the Foundry. I have not enjoyed all the UGC offerings, but some have been quite good.

So yes, I will be playing the Foundry content when Neverwinter allows it.
  • Options
    whichwaywhichway Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I tried some of the Foundry adventures in the first beta, and really enjoyed them.

Foundry adventures may be one way of having an alternate levelling path for alts.

I will definitely be doing Foundry adventures in the future. If I can find the time, it may be fun to try to create some.

Regards
  • Options
    purewitz85purewitz85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes I will definitely be playing the Foundry in Nverwinter and I plan on creating my own content as well.
  • Options
    edwardledwardl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Foundry will be a major draw for players looking for end game content, and I think this will be uncharted waters for the traditional trinity type MMORPG (STO's game format not counting toward this) which could be revolutionary for this genre, and be the format for the future

Part of the problem with MMORPGs is keeping people interested at end game, and in particular hardcore gamers consistently looking for a new challenge once they've conquered any previous ones.

============================================
    ====== vv IMPORTANT PLEASE READ vv =======
    ============================================

With the foundry, you will have the capacity to keep people interested in continually playing the game. The players will generate the fresh content that wil keepl all forms of players interesting from casual, to hardcore, to roleplayers and those interested in lore.

What we will need from YOU the devs, is to help the foundy mission makers by making the trips into the player created dungeons worth our interest, and this can be done by matching the scale of items looted, or other types of rewards to scale of effort put into creating the foundry missions.

STO's foundry has a rating system which casts a spotlight on the popular and well made missions. If you use such a system for Neverwinter, and allow superior grade items to be rewarded from foundry missions which you CERTIFY (not the foundry missions used for farming etc.); items which would be comparable to those found in Cryptic made dungeons, then you will have a system which will keep players interested for a long time.
  • Options
    falleniciclefallenicicle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, I'll play foundry content.
This discussion has been closed.