test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• dlsurber69dlsurber69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So unless you purchase even though you signed up fpor beta you dont get.All the beta entries is a purchase of something to be allowed to try.Not good
    Guess ill wait for oblivion online instead
  • stordarthhigginsstordarthhiggins Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm really hoping they don't pull a CO with this and remove the Founder's Pack before I get a chance to try the second beta weekend. I really want to see this game actually run and assess my system with it and see how the game feels before I lay down that amount of money on it.
  • cemthewinchestercemthewinchester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any news about Pc Gamer subscribers who redeemed beta key. I really want to play this game and help them to develop the game. :)
  • mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any news about Pc Gamer subscribers who redeemed beta key. I really want to play this game and help them to develop the game. :)
    Keep checking the first post of this thread.
  • cemthewinchestercemthewinchester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mok33 wrote: »
    Keep checking the first post of this thread.

Yeah, i'm checking everyday. Rumors says, Pc Gamer subscribers can play in second beta weekend but i'm not sure. ^^ Anyway, i'm watching the broadcasts and i think this game will be awesome. :D My wow account is already frozen. I'm ready!! :cool::cool:
  • stormyweather68stormyweather68 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dogmaticus wrote: »
    Wow - so cool! I didn't know that STO and CO lifetimers get access to second Beta Weekend!

I'm really looking forward to it - if I like the game, I'll purchase one of the offered packs - I'm more interested in the "Founder" title rather than the access they gave to beta ;) (STO and CO Lifetime Sub :) )

I can't wait for the second beta weekend either!! As a personal bonus, it's my birthday that weekend and I know what I'll be doing ;) (STO Life subscriber here )
    ~Stormy~

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth or home defense. But I do believe an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon nor needed for home defense." -Ronald Reagan

BostonStrong
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited February 2013
    Wow, did not realize STO lifers were going to get beta weekends starting March... uhm.. could I just get a spare key (since I bought the $60 jobber) and pimp it out to a friend?
  • jakke31jakke31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    its really unfair to those people to signed up for beta on the announcement of the game only to find out that they would have to buy to get in :( you know i dont have that kind of money to spend on a game ive been waiting since last year
  • sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Stinks i bought PC Gamer promotional keys. just becase admin so on on this site said it gave beta but now i find i dont get beta i get jack this sucks so bad.

u charge so much for game thats not out yet. its not funnie and its a rip off and if this is how you plan to rip people off before games even out it kinda makes me think that the game sucks and your just trying to get what you can for the games name
  • bryce1338bryce1338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jakke31 wrote: »
    its really unfair to those people to signed up for beta on the announcement of the game only to find out that they would have to buy to get in :( you know i dont have that kind of money to spend on a game ive been waiting since last year

I agree with your statement, having paying customers take priority even before the game is released doesn't bode well for the future of the game imo. Just seems more likely to become a pay to win game. I don't have an issue paying for a game, I'd rather subscription based than f2p if it becomes pay to win... but I'm not comfortable buying another founders pack for a game where there is so little info. I mean, essentially all that's on the website is some cinematics, sign up for beta, and purchase founders packs. I've been burned too many times by collectors edition and what not from games that just missed the mark.

On the other hand, if you haven't been able to save up 60 dollars in a year for a game you've been waiting for... that's a bit sad.
  • zemustatzemustat Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not sure what to make of the marketing/development team's strategy on this game yet... I've played D&D since it was actually D&D.... Have played so many RPGs the story lines to some of the best have started blending together in my mind :) So to say I'm fond of the setting is a massive understatement... However, a few things I've seen ALREADY are making me question whether Neverwinter is going to be worth my time... The IDEA is incredible... The marketing is iffy... I truly hope the company is intelligent enough to know a buy-to-win game will NEVER succeed long-term and calling a game "free to play" when it's only really "free to try" is a really poor choice also...
    I guess the summary of my statement is this: I hope the company behind Neverwinter doesn't destroy the game by making it "pay to win" or by letting greed be the motivating factor behind the development... Profits are required, of course, but passion is the ONLY way to net long-term profits... I sincerely hope the people behind Neverwinter are intelligent enough to know how to successfully market an MMO with so much long term potential and to know they probably have one of the most passionate game communities ever and if they listen to (the correct sectors of) their fans/customers they could have an incredible (and incredibly profitable) game on their hands...
  • valfragvalfrag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As a CO lifetime member I was kind of upset that we weren't given access to the NW closed beta events and would not have pre-ordered just to get into beta. Now that I've read this, I'm quite happy to know that we'll get to participate in the upcoming beta events and am relieved to see that the PW acquisition of Cryptic hasn't caused them to forget about us older supporters of the studio. So thank you, and great move :) Looking forward to testing the game out.
  • dinosourdogdinosourdog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im veryupset that i got PC gamer... That will never happen again what a joke and seriously considering forgetting about this game because of the way it was advertised then handled.
  • irongamernetirongamernet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for this information. Was trying to figure out why I didn't have access. Waiting for beta 2.
  • ingyar2ingyar2 Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    Just want to say this: 4:58!!! :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5IOou6qN1o
  • matagallomatagallo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I guess this game will be yet another money hungry game that basically it's all about the money just like >WOI< why WASTE my HARD EARNED money on such expensive "Founder's Packs"WHEN i DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THE GAME WILL BE ANY GOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE? Even if it'll be a month later till I get to use this Beta-Key, I think I WASTED enough by purchasing a Magazine I never in my life EVER was interested in, and only did it for the Beta-Key.
    edited February 2013
    I <exuberantly> agree with you. This game will just be another MONEY HUNGRY game just like most free to play and ESPECIALLY like WOI.
    edited February 2013
    you sound like such a CHEERLEADER it's not about the money fool. It's about how THEY coming about to get us to give them OUR HARD EARNED MONEY. dude I have to work 5 hours just to make 60 USD and they basically think they cn just take it by showing off some dumb trailer. it's not even guaranteed that it will be a great game. I rather pay a monthly fee for a great game that I know I will get my money's worth than for a glimpse of something that might just turn out to be nothing but a weekend's worth. I'm sure you understand but you just wanna goggle their balls cuz you basically are just an undercover worker for them. and idc what your reply to this might be so you can save it for he who cares.
  • baalx24baalx24 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When will open beta be available? Any ideas?
  • djuro4djuro4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    how much i must wait for reedem code ??
  • radzarwizardradzarwizard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    you do understand it cost money to make the game right?
  • sabotageturksabotageturk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited February 2013
    Torchlight sipariş edeyim o zaman ben :D
  • drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    wow bought a founders pack and no dark elf renegade class lots of bugs no founders pack bonus items cant figure out how to access the founders pack bonus currency little dissapointed
  • drizzt1814drizzt1814 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wow bought a founders pack and no dark elf renegade class lots of bugs no founders pack bonus items cant figure out how to access the founders pack bonus currency little dissapointed
    You did hash out $200 on a game you hadn't even tried. Disappointment is bound to occur.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013

There is no "dark elf renegade class". There's a renegade racial background for the "dark elf" race; but yes, it wasn't in for last weekend's beta. It'll be in later.

Lots of bugs: well, yeah; that's why the game is in early closed beta. We're supposed to find bugs; that's the entire PURPOSE of beta.

No bonus items: not correct. The bags were in, and the titles.

Can't figure out how to access bonus currency: who are you disappointed in that you couldn't figure out how to do something? There were forum posts. There were people in zone chat telling people how to access it.
  • jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    There is no "dark elf renegade class". There's a renegade racial background for the "dark elf" race; but yes, it wasn't in for last weekend's beta. It'll be in later.

Lots of bugs: well, yeah; that's why the game is in early closed beta. We're supposed to find bugs; that's the entire PURPOSE of beta.

No bonus items: not correct. The bags were in, and the titles.

Can't figure out how to access bonus currency: who are you disappointed in that you couldn't figure out how to do something? There were forum posts. There were people in zone chat telling people how to access it.

Bugs, glitches and errors is exactly why their beta weekend system is idiotic. It should be ran straight thru launch to find anything that the others may have missed.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jim1771 wrote: »
    Bugs, glitches and errors is exactly why their beta weekend system is idiotic. It should be ran straight thru launch to find anything that the others may have missed.
    Unless they already have a bunch of, lets say, alpha testers working on that for the next beta weekend. Because it doesn't make any sense to me that Cryptic would do the beta weekend and have no more (internal/private/resctricted/closed) testing whatsoever before the next beta weekend. I'd do something more than raise an eyebrow if that was the case.
  • drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    i paid to play a dark elf which it was said i have would access to in the advertisements and i didnt if you dont have anything profuctive to say then dont post
    edited February 2013
    and no actually, i didnt get the bunch of bonus items promised in the founders pack when i entered beta HENSE WHY I AM POSTING HERE IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE TO SAY THEN DONT POST
  • ruhadze12ruhadze12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "You will receive these items on your account automatically when Neverwinter launches." Beta is not launch.