test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• cloudodom2cloudodom2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    at least give out the beta keys on our email rather then face book or twitter they might get a key quick before anoyone else dose
  • lolgwrexlolgwrex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Kind of bummed about spending bonus money on RaiderZ only to get 4 days of closed beta.

Being promised early access and only being given 2 separate weekends is kind of sketchy.

I don't advise anybody put ANY money into this game. If it's going to go down anything close to how RaiderZ went, you're paying for random maintenance that seems to fix absolutely nothing. For months.

To be honest, we're all probably going to get only half of a day out of these weekends. The servers are probably going to go down every other hour, for an hour at a time.

I'm telling you now, this company is a bunch of. They don't "lie". They just stretch the truth in their favor to make you spend money on a product that is ran like absolute .

Edit: Also, this company does NOT listen to the people who spent money on their products. They don't give a about any of you. Don't expect them to once you spend money. You're buying garbage at your own risk. It's a fair warning.
  • drizzt1814drizzt1814 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's not this game.

This is Neverwinter and has no more in common with Neverwinter Nights than you have with your most distant cousin. They share a 'last name' (Neverwtiner)

Oh my word, they changed the name of the city to Neverwtiner.
  • cerebjastruscerebjastrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lolgwrex wrote: »
    Kind of bummed about spending bonus money on RaiderZ only to get 4 days of closed beta.

Being promised early access and only being given 2 separate weekends is kind of sketchy.

I don't advise anybody put ANY money into this game. If it's going to go down anything close to how RaiderZ went, you're paying for random maintenance that seems to fix absolutely nothing. For months.

To be honest, we're all probably going to get only half of a day out of these weekends. The servers are probably going to go down every other hour, for an hour at a time.

I'm telling you now, this company is a bunch of They don't "lie". They just stretch the truth in their favor to make you spend money on a product that is ran like absolute .

Edit: Also, this company does NOT listen to the people who spent money on their products. They don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about any of you. Don't expect them to once you spend money. You're buying garbage at your own risk. It's a fair warning.

Agree completely.

Is this the way the company is always is?
  • trigger2391trigger2391 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are these statements that decry the treatment of users about Cryptic or about Perfect World? Frankly I'm just glad that the wait is nearly over and soon I'll actually be able to login and play this game. Even if it is , the wait has been eternal. Hell even The WarZ which the entire internets decried as a scam of epic proportions got released quicker then Neverwinter did and it was announced before WarZ. I participate in so many betas for so many online games these days, Neverwinter was one of the few i was looking forward to. So even if I only get the two days of playtime, at least I got to play it and the frustration with waiting is soon to come to an end.

I signed up for beta the second it was available, pre-orderdered Torchlight 2 to ensure access and yeah I just bought the 60 dollar mid priced founders pack. Even if it goes down the drain, it's still cheaper then opening a wow account or having SWTOR squeeze my my nuts out through my wallet a cent at a time.
  • bryce1338bryce1338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are these statements that decry the treatment of users about Cryptic or about Perfect World? Frankly I'm just glad that the wait is nearly over and soon I'll actually be able to login and play this game. Even if it is dogshite, the wait has been eternal. Hell even The WarZ which the entire internets decried as a scam of epic proportions got released quicker then Neverwinter did and it was announced before WarZ. I participate in so many betas for so many online games these days, Neverwinter was one of the few i was looking forward to. So even if I only get the two days of playtime, at least I got to play it and the frustration with waiting is soon to come to an end.

I signed up for beta the second it was available, pre-orderdered Torchlight 2 to ensure access and yeah I just bought the 60 dollar mid priced founders pack. Even if it goes down the drain, it's still cheaper then opening a wow account or having SWTOR squeeze my my nuts out through my wallet a cent at a time.

At least with WoW and SWTOR you know what you are paying for. They are basically asking us to pay to play a sight unseen game, being that is the only way in this beta weekend. I mean how much info is there on this website other than cinematics? Now I find out my beta key might only work for open beta? How does that even make sense?

"Remember, the key promised beta access, not WHEN you get beta access, and that may include OPEN beta as well."
  • royaledeathhroyaledeathh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what happens to the ppl who reedemed a key from pcgamer. i did and i got no email :/
  • pankeleonnpankeleonn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what happens to the ppl who reedemed a key from pcgamer. i did and i got no email :/

Yeah this is pretty upsetting.. i bought that issue just to get a beta key and then after the fact i learned that it's not even for beta weekends?? Beta weekends should be the least amount of beta one should get with a pc gamer key. Needless to say i am very disappoint.
    edited February 2013
    IM SO pissed that they dididnt give me the download link on email and danm twitter neverwinter didint respond or im stupid not even a beta key and download link
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    drizzt1814 wrote: »
    Oh my word, they changed the name of the city to Neverwtiner.
    /facepalm

Dear drizzzzzt, do you know which first game to use th word Neverwinter was? Neverwinter online in 1991. By your logic, Neverwinter Nights stole the name from that game.

Come on! Read up! Neverwinter is a city in Faerun. Faerun is owned by WotC. It is they who decide who keeps what name.

They decided that 'NWN' series cannot have Neverwinter name unless it only refers to the nights.

This is Neverwinter because WotC decided to let it be.

Do not mix apples and oranges. NWN series - oranges. D&D:Neverwinter - apples.

There are other series too, BG series - peaches. PS:Torment - kiwis.

Daggaerdale - bananas.

Do not keep mixing up your fruits. Look for banana in banana basket and apple for apple basket.

If you want NWN3, go to people who are making NWN series. No point asking apples to give you seeds of oranges or guavas.
    edited February 2013
    For all u PC gamers and Any other COmpany didint send us a a beta Key On our email Just on face book or twiter im so bumbed out about this and never got a download link for never winter i dunno know if im stupid but this freaking tics me off that no nobody didint send me a email :mad:
  • chiefyosephchiefyoseph Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So I bought the starter pack that was listed under the founders pack. It stated "Begin your adventure to defend Neverwinter equipped with all the benefits of a Founder! Neverwinter Founders will receive exclusive in-game perks, guaranteed beta weekend access starting February 8, and much more! Want to be a the ultimate hero of Neverwinter"

But I don't get a key, and cant download the client. Your web site said guaranteed beta weekend access starting 8 Feb. Is this a goof or what?
    edited February 2013
    this sux PW or any company didint tell us <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and i cant download the eaither second of all no beta keys on email just giveing out on facebook or on twitter that is to low man
  • invishmaalinvishmaal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At PAX they said guaranteed beta access... I [and surely many other PAX goers] have been waiting ever so patiently for the beta to start, going on a year now!! And now... what... guaranteed beta access during... what the last week??
    If you had said a year ago that I could spend just $200 to get awesome stuff instead of spending over a thousand.... well... grats guys I feel screwed... and what... I'm supposed to reward that feeling?
    I NEVER go to any electronic expos but the draw was to strong, guaranteed beta access!!! GUARANTEED!!! No strings attached!!

I've bought TL1, TL2, Champions Online and went to PAX just for this.... I feel seriously betrayed...
    This isn't the first time a game company has screwed me over. I preorded LOTRO from Turbine and they wouldn't let me get the founders lifetime subscription because BestBuy sent the wrong game. I told both companies off AND offered Turbine the... what was it.... $200-$250 but they just wouldn't.

Now I don't have enough money for the NW founders pack because I wasn't told about it when I spent my life savings [I haven't been alive very long so it wasn't much to begin with] and I can't get a job because apparently dying people aren't suited to work in dead economy America. So here I sit, light flickering in my eyes as my brain dies off, leeching off my family during my final days... months... year.... years? I just hope I don't live long enough to be a vegetable. I DO hope I live long enough to play this game.

Understand my anger now??

Understand why I feel so betrayed?

I might die tomorrow. I might die in a couple years. I HOPE I die in my sleep and not being woken up as my body contorts uncontrollably and makes me pass out and die... that's already happened minus the dying part... I just... I can feel my brain dying a little more each day, the words that come out of my mouth slur and jumble into an undistinguishable mishmash of uttering, indecipherable to unaccustomed ears.

I'll die alone, a shell of the person I was, the brilliant mind that was without disease for over two decades now lies in shambled, tattered fragments, eyes and tongue left bereft of the links that bind to this once supercilious mind, now drug down into the brine.

And yet the one thing that I want I cannot have... neither mod tools for TL2 or NW both are far out of my grasp it would seem. Oh this mind of mine goes to waste in its twilight hours! What cruelty have I deserved this world unfair be shackles me, drags me down into despair. Anger makes way to enlightenment, ever seems to be mine way. Head swimming with foul lights and blackend splotches, heavens gates and gold paved ways lie ahead for me.

I'm done with the poets woe... I am one of the most brilliant men that has ever lived and yet... I have never gone to my full potential, I could have made a time machine, a ship that could take men into the depths of space, created habitats in the sky, in space, on the satellites, the moons!, orbiting the planets and even on the harshest planets themselves. And yet where I truly shine is in creating stories! God help me I love stories, it is the reason I was so excited for NW but... as I said I might die today.... I might not be able to add to Neverwinter... something that I so much wanted to... nor am I able to add to Torchlight 2... not that I was overly excited for that.... I could add to other games that allow for it but none so fine as an MMO! A year! A whole year.... and a year ago I felt one hundred times better than I do at present.... currently sleeping most of the day, stumbling around the house trying to remember what I got up to do in the first place, my room a deathly smelling appendage ready to fall off of the rest of the house.

And here I am still... unsure of what I have typed, unwilling to go over and read what I have written to remember... I will type what is here and let it be what it will be. One thing I remember, I am upset with the betrayal inflicted by Perfect World. Upset and hurt and wanting to know why? Is it greed that spurs you into offering full beta access for at minimum $60?

Promising something and then taking it away... many free to play MMO's have done the same and lost many players, a few are listed under Perfect Worlds game list...

It isn't right. I've held on for a few things... Neverwinter is no longer one of those things..... I have been so excited for it for so long.... I don't hold on for my family as they truly hate me, hate what I have become... I am a burden to them. I hold on to read, watch and play the stories that interest me, for my online friends and for a few select games. If I die tomorrow I blame you for making me lose faith. Do not feel guilt for this however as I am not long for this world, regardless of faith lost.

I now need to end this as my vision is fading due to increased blood pressure... that you CAN feel guilt for, if indeed you can feel guilt. I try my best not to get upset since it hurts my head and clouds my vision to do so. When I read that I would not be able to be in the beta as was first promised.... I lost the cool that I work so hard to control.

I ask that a moderator respond, though I will try my best not to let my blood pressure go up... I'll tell myself... one more hour, one more day and I'll get a response. I'll get a reason for the lie. I'll get placated with words reasonsable and ddalsi ao thne
  • remmy2112remmy2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was dismayed at not getting access to this first beta but I must say... poster above me? You need to take a step back from this game if it causes you to write all of that. Or to put it another way: Not sure if serious.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    here is the thing you got a convention out of it. They never guarentted the entire beta nor did they guarentee there was no other way to get into said beta. PLUS anything you do in the beta will be whiped anyhow. If something seems to good to be true it probibly is. most the ways to get in these betas you get other things to...for pax you got a convention, for North you get a drow and a few pets ect. the other games you get perks from said games.

Betas are ment tokinda be the teaser to get people to spend money. they are always temporary. Ive seen times that the beta crashed and noone got in. so saying you bought a huge thing just for the beta is kinda like saying you bought a 500$ anivertery edition of a movie for one of the trailer commercials.(i know some people do that) and then were upset that the same commercial was also run in the theaters.
  • cybergigcybergig Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So when will open beta or actual free to play be avalible?
  • lordeetolordeeto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ha ha ha I'm sorry I don't want to come off as a troll but some of you guys are seriously insane, immature, or impatient.... You will be replaying the same content every beta weekend any ways... it looks like it will all get wiped each weekend, so expect to re-run the same content... its not the finished and polished game, content is missing, levels are capped and you will have to do it all again and again...

PAX People you got a free key when you went to PAX (pax is a gaming expo not a neverwinter expo) so you got a bonus from going, if you only went to get this beta key then you got exactly that... did they say you will get into beta yes and will you yes just not the first beta.. so what your still getting a guaranteed beta key (what about people who live overseas and rely on the beta from just registering)...

Other Perfect World games keys.. well you got the other game so that's what you paid for, the beta access key is a bonus.. be happy you got it at all, you will get in at a later time, its still better than nothing..

For every one who wanted three weeks beta keys go and pay $60 extra dollars, if you cant afford that get a job... if your a child and cant work... well tbh I wish they rated more games 18+ to keep you out... (just my opinion)... I have played DnD since 1st edition books were out... I am older and the money I put aside I spend when I want where I want.. If I had 3 beta keys from PAX, Raiderz and Torchlight 2 and I still wanted into the first weekend I would pay for it... I'm not made of money but they are luxuries and first world problems so deal with it!
  • atrophiedatrophied Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think a mod should lock this forum post at about five posts ago.

I agree with lordeeto - A beta key offered as a bonus from another gaming title, or access offered as freebie for visiting an expo should not be the reason you buy the game, or attend the convention. That sort of rationale wastes more of your time and money then just waiting for the studio to announce it's beta options and making an informed decision, and is akin to buying a cup of coffee just to have a sugar fix. Or if your extremely wealthy, buying a Porsche or Ferrari just so you can wear leather driving gloves. My point is, -you're- missing the point.

I had personally signed up for information regarding the Neverwinter beta last year, and when the beta weekend was announced, I took the time to read through the site and realised I could get a guaranteed access for about the same amount of money I would spend on a gaming title anyway. For me, it was a no brainer.

So stop whining that you'll only get access to the last scheduled weekend for closed beta. It's still the access you were told about. It's still a closed beta meaning less annoying, whining content hogs ruining your experience, and oh, isn't it that thing you were looking forward to for the past year?
  • namodiasnamodias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    cant wait to get my hands on this beta, grats to all who got to handle it this weekend i hope you remembered the real focus of beta is to make the game better for us all and not just a test drive. ;)
  • starshockerstarshocker Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As much as i wanna jump in straight away , i must say i like the straight forward details !
    I feel honored as a customer ( STO lifer) getting some extra love ,smart cookies ;)

People never forget Beta is work fun hell yes but not a ride for free nor for sale.
    We ALL want a successful game as we can make the difference.
  • robbievwrobbievw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry, I thought this was a forum about how the beta was going. Instead it's just more whining about keys.
    Could someone in the beta tell us how it's going so far? Many issues? What kind of issues? Some info on what's going on maybe?
    And could the whiners please pick another forum to cry in?
    I just want to play and have a game that I can be happy with.
    Looking forward to the Foundry and writing adventures.
    "As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."
  • dogmaticusdogmaticus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow - so cool! I didn't know that STO and CO lifetimers get access to second Beta Weekend!

I'm really looking forward to it - if I like the game, I'll purchase one of the offered packs - I'm more interested in the "Founder" title rather than the access they gave to beta ;) (STO and CO Lifetime Sub :) )
  • dlsurber69dlsurber69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So unless you purchase even though you signed up fpor beta you dont get.All the beta entries is a purchase of something to be allowed to try.Not good
  • dlsurber69dlsurber69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So unless you purchase even though you signed up fpor beta you dont get.All the beta entries is a purchase of something to be allowed to try.Not good
    Guess ill wait for oblivion online instead
  • stordarthhigginsstordarthhiggins Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm really hoping they don't pull a CO with this and remove the Founder's Pack before I get a chance to try the second beta weekend. I really want to see this game actually run and assess my system with it and see how the game feels before I lay down that amount of money on it.
  • cemthewinchestercemthewinchester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any news about Pc Gamer subscribers who redeemed beta key. I really want to play this game and help them to develop the game. :)
  • mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any news about Pc Gamer subscribers who redeemed beta key. I really want to play this game and help them to develop the game. :)
    Keep checking the first post of this thread.
  • cemthewinchestercemthewinchester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mok33 wrote: »
    Keep checking the first post of this thread.

Yeah, i'm checking everyday. Rumors says, Pc Gamer subscribers can play in second beta weekend but i'm not sure. ^^ Anyway, i'm watching the broadcasts and i think this game will be awesome. :D My wow account is already frozen. I'm ready!! :cool::cool:
  • stormyweather68stormyweather68 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dogmaticus wrote: »
    Wow - so cool! I didn't know that STO and CO lifetimers get access to second Beta Weekend!

I'm really looking forward to it - if I like the game, I'll purchase one of the offered packs - I'm more interested in the "Founder" title rather than the access they gave to beta ;) (STO and CO Lifetime Sub :) )

I can't wait for the second beta weekend either!! As a personal bonus, it's my birthday that weekend and I know what I'll be doing ;) (STO Life subscriber here )
    ~Stormy~

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth or home defense. But I do believe an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon nor needed for home defense." -Ronald Reagan

BostonStrong