test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    khalthkhalth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just a small thing, but it would be really nice if you could do that,
    if possible please display the time frames in PST and GMT or CET
  • Options
    papasnake23papasnake23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    how can we attend to this event?
  • Options
    skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    breztel wrote: »
    Why isn't my forum title marked as Founder, I bought the Founders pack.

Actualy that should be Hero of the North title.

Look around on the forums. The mods posted instructions on how to add it to your title. I know it's there as I used those instructions when i enabled mine (just don't feel like looking for the link again). But it has something to do with your "User CP" at top of page. Good Luck
  • Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    still no information on when "Other Beta participants" will get in?
  • Options
    denwa23denwa23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    skeletun wrote: »
    Funny you should mention that. On another site people were recommending the online sub to get the Beta key. Just for this reason that they could cancel it.
    Not saying that was your intent, but I thought that was a pretty "dodgy" move on their part. That and the fact they were telling people where and how to do it.

I signed up for the key, yes, but I figured at under 2 bucks a month it would be worth keeping the sub, but instead I un-subbed because I don't like how PC Gamer and Perfect world handled this "beta key" give away.

Most of these magazines are really just PR departments for gaming companies anyway.

I'll be trying the defiance beta this weekend as the client is just about done downloading so I'm done here.
  • Options
    bariege16bariege16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just bought the $60 founders pack, but can't play the beta right now. Any ideas?
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bariege16 wrote: »
    I just bought the $60 founders pack, but can't play the beta right now. Any ideas?

The beta hasn'started quite yet. There are a few minutes left.
  • Options
    bariege16bariege16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Alright. I was a little concerned for a moment, but I figured that was the issue. I guess I'm just over-excited for this game :D
  • Options
    atrevidoatrevido Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I bought the $60 founders pack, but where can i start now?
  • Options
    sharpei1sharpei1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    cant login ...not allowed to play right now... need up to test !!!!
  • Options
    rubyhorse2rubyhorse2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    while i totally understand a phased entry to beta, it is the type of thing that angers gamers.

I would have loved to have played this weekend but looks like another month of waiting for me. really they should see if the servers are handling thtings fine and then phase groups in this weekend, no reason to keep it exclusive if the servers can handle things.
  • Options
    cohwascancelledcohwascancelled Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Let me get this straight....I PAID for the ability to access the game Today through Sunday...but I'm currently STILL unable to download the game, that I paid to be playing RIGHT NOW?

Fail.

Mega Fail.
  • Options
    lissiellissiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i cant aford and of the paid packs or game pre orders but i am defoted to the forgotten realms since 1989 and i play there in roleplays etc and ive missed some of your time difference alphas cos of late saturday outs so pls pls give me a beta key i will give very honest feed back from expirenced wow background as well! yours hopefully lissielious
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first!

The first post gives all the information you need. Only purchasers of the $60 and $200 packs are getting beta access this weekend. They're easily identifiable by the titles in the forum names (if they choose to apply them). Everyone else will have to wait until the appropriate weekends as outlined in the first post of the above link.
  • Options
    rzdtrzdt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Question: Users/players who didn't paid for any Pack (Hero of the North Founder's Pack/Guardian of Neverwinter) have any chance to get a beta key b4 ends CB??
  • Options
    static1024static1024 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    rzdt wrote: »
    Question: Users/players who didn't paid for any Pack (Hero of the North Founder's Pack/Guardian of Neverwinter) have any chance to get a beta key b4 ends CB??

Yes.. The last phase is for those who haven't purchase a pack/didn't pre-order torchlight 2 through the Perfect World website/isn't a lifer on one of there other 2 games..
  • Options
    omegawolf79omegawolf79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So alpha testers who have been working and helping to make this game get to where it is currently with our bug reports and other suggestions, don't get into the beta weekends? Lame.
  • Options
    cluchchampercluchchamper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i whant to try this game
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I warned users for over a year that phased access meant everybody wasn't getting in first. This promois like every other beta I saw. That's all I will say to the public on that since they had time to read up on this since last February.

As for Alpha, that is under NDA and I cannot share any comments on their access to beta I truly am sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im a little upset that I am sitting on this PAX key that I have applied to my account, but, they still have no clue when I will be in the beta. I am also upset about the first weekend being pay to beta also .... I find it insults the community that is wanting to help make this a great game.

(The input of people who can not afford sixty dollars off the bat but still plan to put money into the game is just as important as the wealthier gamers.)
  • Options
    shredstallion33shredstallion33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2013
    So do the alpha testers get in as well?
  • Options
    cerebjastruscerebjastrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I warned users for over a year that phased access meant everybody wasn't getting in first. This promois like every other beta I saw. That's all I will say to the public on that since they had time to read up on this since last February.

As for Alpha, that is under NDA and I cannot share any comments on their access to beta I truly am sorry.

If "closed beta access with conditions, see forum moderator for specifics" was meant they should have said it, and not blatently missrepresented what they were offering.

I have no problem with phased betas, it makes perfect sense.

I don't even have a problem with weekend betas instead of a constant one, despite disliking them they don't bother me.

What does bother me is when a company purpousfuly plays sneaky tricks to try and get people to go to advertiser sites, buy things, preorder and so on for something that they are not infact offering because of fine print.

Thank you for helping the community know this would happen far before today...however for those of us who didn't know we needed to watch the forums in able to understand what "closed beta access" meant...it doesn't help.
  • Options
    remmy2112remmy2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If only the 60 and 200 dollar founders pack purchasers can get into the first beta weekend then it is the responsibility of the company to put that information where it is most likely to be seen; I.E. on the page where you select which pack you wish to purchase. Instead it's buried in the faq under the listing for Founders Pack items when something like that deserves its own entry. Instead it looks like this

"Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    - Access to all three Beta Weekends
    - Headstart Access - Get headstart access to Neverwinter. Start playing 3 days before everyone else for Open Beta.
    - "Founder's" Title in Game
    - "Hero of the North" Title on forums
    - 125,000 Astral Diamonds once per account
    - 1 Extra Character Slot (3 total slots)
    Neverwinter Starter Kit purchasers
    -Small Bag of Holding for a single character per Starter Pack purchased "

Which also doesn't list the full perks of the starter pack, such as access to only the second and third weekends. Were this to have been clearly communicated I may have purchased the 60 dollar pack instead of the Starter, but because it was not I am now going to try and cancel my order and wait on a refund before I attempt a purchase again. I assume it will be by March 8th, in time for the next beta weekend.

Edit: Looked at the store page again. I was partially wrong, but it is still very obscure. The top says:

"Begin your adventure to defend Neverwinter equipped with all the benefits of a Founder! Neverwinter Founders will receive exclusive in-game perks, guaranteed beta weekend access starting February 8, and much more! Want to be a the ultimate hero of Neverwinter? Check out the full features list."

The above would seem to indicate that all founders pack purchasers get in. You have to click on the Guardian of Neverwinter to get this

"

Purchase the Guardian of Neverwinter pack for VIP Beta Perks including:

• Options
    dineausdineaus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i want a beta key dangit i was playing this game when u had to have the disc and it wasnt online
  • Options
    rhonarhona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dineaus wrote: »
    i want a beta key dangit i was playing this game when u had to have the disc and it wasnt online

lol same here, still got those discs too ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    dineaus wrote: »

That's not this game.

This is Neverwinter and has no more in common with Neverwinter Nights than you have with your most distant cousin. They share a 'last name' (Neverwtiner) and history (lore) but that's where the similarities end.

This is an Action Combat MMO based on Fourth Edition D&D and is it's own stand alone game, not Neverwinter Nights 3. While there will be certain similarities it's not part of the series at all.
  • Options
    drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    so ive started playing the beta but i dont seem to have all the items from the hero of north founders pack or the drow renegade class available neither do i have an amoured spider mount or a panther companion. will this come when the actual game is released? i have 1,500 astral diamonds instead of 750,000 surely this is a mistake?
  • Options
    eversummernightseversummernights Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I buy a 'Guardian of Neverwinter' package right now and d/l the client can I play right away? Or do I really need a Founders package to join THIS beta weekend? Thanks
  • Options
    drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    does anyone know how to get into battlegrounds?
  • Options
    drizzt272drizzt272 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ive got the PC Gamer beta key, and I reaaallllly wanna know when I can play the game!! I thought I would be able to play it on the 8th so I gut super excited, but noooooooo!