test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

$200 pack does not contain items from $60?

13»

Comments

• Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No one knows of course. But if history is any guide incrementally those same perks will be reintroduced at a marked up price point. This makes sense from a marketing POV.
  • Options
    adamantium1adamantium1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mosnacky01 wrote: »
    My Question is: Is the Hero of the North package a limited time option?

A dev in another thread stated that it will 100 percent be available after launch.
  • Options
    starkillianstarkillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Yes, but the "early access" thing is early access to launch, AFTER beta. It's the same thing they did in CoH, CoV, CO, and STO, and the same thing that was done in nearly every MMO that's launched in the last decade; after Open Beta there's a character wipe, then when they set up the Live servers, various kinds of preorder get Early Access with no wipe. It's a few days head start on the live game.

That's what they mean when they say "Early Access". They also, in this case, mean Open Beta, but I promise you they will wipe Open Beta characters. I can only think of one beta in the whole industry in the last few years where that didn't happen, and it was widely regarded in the industry as a bad idea. That game was kind of stuck, as they'd opened up the cash shop during Open Beta, so they couldn't wipe people who'd spent money. But it meant they were also stuck with the codebase and data models that went into open beta, and had to treat them like live production data, because they were. That was a small shop that got their hands on a big game by extreme fortune, and they had to learn a lesson the hard way.

Not actually true, there have been several that did not wipe Beta to Live, most prevalent was Lineage2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Not actually true, there have been several that did not wipe Beta to Live, most prevalent was Lineage2.
    Indeed, just a quick google search brings up many MMOs that haven't wiped the END of Open Beta in the past few years. As I said before, it is a growing trend within the past few years in the MMO business to not wipe the end of open betas. As for whether NWO's Open Beta will see a wipe (or wipes), this has yet to be stated as we're not even in Closed Beta yet!
  • Options
    shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A dev in another thread stated that it will 100 percent be available after launch.

link to that statement?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    link to that statement?
    For clarification, because I've seen this question pop up occasionally: The various packs will carry over into live launch. 100% guarantee it.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point people to the Developer Tracker. Many of these repeated questions can easily be seen as answered by reviewing just the first page or two there. Cheers!
  • Options
    vikingh3artvikingh3art Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 41
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    I'm sorry for those completionists that "must have all".

In my case, I don't want 'all' I simply really dislike the spider mount and would like to substitute the horse as my mount. I actually like the dire wolf more as well.

I think PWE would have many more $200.00 Founders sales (myself being one of them) if customers had a little more flexibility in the contents of the package. As someone else also mentioned, this would also be alleviated if higher tiers also received the contents of the lower tiers (not out of the norm in the industry). Since the difference between tiers is $140.00, giving someone who put out $200.00 two digital items from the Guardian pack which cost the company absolutely nothing isn't too much to ask for.
    co-Lead www.MercyGaming.com
    A multi-gaming Guild
    "Sons of winter and stars... RISE!"
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    I would try and sell my soul to afford a "Sage of Shadowdale Founder's Pack!"

Can I just lease mine?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tedebearnctedebearnc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't make new thread yet (how long do I have to wait?) so I'll put this here. When the Founder Packs were first announced I thought I saw mentioned on one website that the Small Bag of Holding in the Hero of the North pack was one per character whereas the Starter Pack was just one per account but now I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere. Does anyone know if the HotN pack bag of holding is indeed per character or is it per account?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    There is no set amount of time until you can make a new thread. It is part of a defense system to prevent Spam Bots from cluttering the forums with links to viruses and other nasty things. It should go away within a short time after account creation though so if it's not gone within a week send a Support Ticket.

As for the Hero of the North bag slots, it hasn't been confirmed either way at this time sadly.
  • Options
    ssantiagoxssantiagox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    elve wrote: »
    The $200 pack contains all of the items from the $60 dollar pack except the wolf and the horse which are replaced by a giant spider and a panther.

So like the OP said it doesn't contain all the ITEMS from the 200 dollar pack.
  • Options
    ssantiagoxssantiagox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    So greedy. :p
    You have choices, so make them instead of crying about it.

How ironic. A fanboy calling a customer greedy. The only party greedy in this equation is PWE. People need to stop following PWE blindly.
  • Options
    tedebearnctedebearnc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is no set amount of time until you can make a new thread. It is part of a defense system to prevent Spam Bots from cluttering the forums with links to viruses and other nasty things. It should go away within a short time after account creation though so if it's not gone within a week send a Support Ticket.

As for the Hero of the North bag slots, it hasn't been confirmed either way at this time sadly.

OK, thanks. I've had this account for a while and converted my CO login to this one when it changed over but it's the first time logging into this forum I think so that may be why. I'll just give it a few days then.

I think they should go with one bag per character. ;)
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    tedebearnc wrote: »
    OK, thanks. I've had this account for a while and converted my CO login to this one when it changed over but it's the first time logging into this forum I think so that may be why. I'll just give it a few days then.

I think they should go with one bag per character. ;)

Each account you make can only buy ONE $200 pack, ONE $60 pack, and an infinite number of $20 packs.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    Each account you make can only buy ONE $200 pack, ONE $60 pack, and an infinite number of $20 packs.

This is correct, from the CM himself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]