test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

$200 pack does not contain items from $60?

alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So with the Founders packs finally up on the main page, I cannot help but notice that the $200 pack does not include a few items from the lower tier packages. Is this deliberate, or an oversight? If we want everything, does that mean we have to buy them all? Is it even possible to even register them all to one account?

Would be nice to have answers to this!
Post edited by alairanfennec on

Comments

• elveelve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 336
    edited January 2013
    The $200 pack contains all of the items from the $60 dollar pack except the wolf and the horse which are replaced by a giant spider and a panther.
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What bugs me is that both the $60 and the $200 packs contain an item. This is really stupid, imho.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sad that it seems to be a replacement rather than an addition.
    I also notice that neither the $60 or $200 pack seem to have the Amulet of Protection from the Starter Kit.
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Shame it doesnt have both. Oh well still buying.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • malagarrmalagarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It also looks like the $60 pack doesn't come with a small bag of holding, unlike the other two packs. I suspect that all packs include everything from the packs beneath them, since that is usually how these things work. But they need to clarify this. Even though I have no interest in the $200 pack, the reality is, a lot of people who get it will be expecting to also have access to the armored horse and wolf pet. There will be some pretty irate players come launch if that doesn't happen.
  • pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Anyone know if we can get both the $200 and $60 packs to get all the items? I want the horse, wolf and race...
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just posted on twitter by Neverwinter‏@NeverwinterGame:

"Those are separate packs with different items. You can purchase a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack as well!"

in response to:

"If I get the Hero of the North pack, do I also get the stuff from the cheaper packs?"

So it looks like to get absolutely everything you have to buy all 3...
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So it looks like to get absolutely everything you have to buy all 3...
    I'm sorry for those completionists that "must have all".
  • mrfoxxmrfoxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited January 2013
    Well you can buy both if you feel the urge to have the spider, horse, wolf and panther, but its obvious that the spider is supposed to be more presitgious, so its founders, and the horse is for everyone else.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Community Manager PinPointError has just recently addressed this in another thread, so I thought I'd relay it here for you incase it is missed:
    teknykk wrote: »
    I've been watching close and hoping for an answer myself to standout questions people have been asking:

Are we able to buy all the packs to get all the goodies from each pack on our account (Eg: Buying each individual pack to get all of it, even if it costs an extra $80 on top of the $200) or will we be able to, at some point, go through some kind of upgrade system to achieve the same goal? (Eg: Buy Starter > then Guardian > then Hero, offsetting the cost of the pack lower than it but gaining all of the content of each pack).

It seems likely the Guardian pack exclusively gets the Wolf companion and Horse mount, while the Starter pack gets the Amulet of Protection, which the Hero pack doesn't get either of it seems, and while it's loaded with goods it has these items "left out"...and yet there'll be plenty of people who want to know their options in regard to "getting it all" before they make a purchase before February 8th.

We may seem like we're nagging, but they are somewhat important questions to the mindset of some buyers, and should be addressed.
    Hi teknykk, great questions.

1. You can purchase a Hero of the North Founder's Pack AND Guardian of Neverwinter once per account. You can purchase a Neverwinter Starter Kit multiple times per account.
    2. There is no way to upgrade from a lower-cost pack to a different pack. However, you can purchase different packs like I mentioned above per account and get a combination of all the goods and benefits of each pack.
    3. Of course, a Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you the earliest (5-days early) Open Beta access so that will trump the 3-day early access for the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be happy to answer them.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    no offense, but not adding the protection thingy and the wolf and armored horse to the 200 dollar pack is, just wrong.
  • barkynbarkyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    imo the 60$ pet and mount look way better than the 200$ one...and sense both come with the founders title...60$ all the way for me :)
    "Just because im short and stumpy doesnt mean im not fast and nimble. my thirst for treasure keeps me...shall we say...more athletic than most dwarves" Dakoldin Quiverbeard (Dwarven Ranger)
  • alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Community Manager PinPointError has just recently addressed this in another thread, so I thought I'd relay it here for you incase it is missed:

In that case, if we're buying multiple packs to get everything, do the items such as the Bags of Holding stack? Will we get multiples?
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    barkyn wrote: »
    imo the 60$ pet and mount look way better than the 200$ one...and sense both come with the founders title...60$ all the way for me :)
    Hey, panther >>>>>>>>>>> dire wolf any day!!!:p
    The spider in the video looks quite well done... but horses >>>>>>>>>> spiders any day!!!:D

I'll get a horse someday somehow... not in a hurry though.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    pion01 wrote: »
    Anyone know if we can get both the $200 and $60 packs to get all the items? I want the horse, wolf and race...

Yes, they've said you can have both (one each only) and as many Helper Packs as you want.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    In that case, if we're buying multiple packs to get everything, do the items such as the Bags of Holding stack? Will we get multiples?

Yes. Cumulative.
  • dragonbane1977dragonbane1977 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok, my question that is burning is...We get early access to the Open Beta....and? Can we claify that all Open Beta Characters will be kept when the Open Beta ends and the game goes live with no wipe? Or do they mean early access to the actual "Live" service? Also, as a side, are the benefits of the packs available straight away in Closed Beta (like the drow race or other items) or are they only awarded at Open Beta>Live? Thankyou.
  • gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    So greedy. :p
    You have choices, so make them instead of crying about it.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Hey, panther >>>>>>>>>>> dire wolf any day!!!:p
    The spider in the video looks quite well done... but horses >>>>>>>>>> spiders any day!!!:D

I'll get a horse someday somehow... not in a hurry though.

My Druid inside of me prefers Wolves
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    So greedy. :p
    You have choices, so make them instead of crying about it.

I only have 2 I can afford, just wish it had VIP in the moonstone mask on the $60 one... Well thats what no job gets me! :)
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    My Druid inside of me prefers Wolves

I dislike spiders in real life, but looks cool. I want a tiny dragon O_O :p
    I only have 2 I can afford, just wish it had VIP in the moonstone mask on the $60 one... Well thats what no job gets me! :)

Sux eh

I only bought the 200.00 one for the spider, panther, and VIP access...and maybe the crystals. Its my donation to them.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • swedishtrexswedishtrex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i find it pretty awesome they dare to keep the rewards unique to the packs you choose and not just make the expensive pack get all below and x extra, it keeps the crisp feel lasting much longer.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited January 2013
    Ok, my question that is burning is...We get early access to the Open Beta....and? Can we claify that all Open Beta Characters will be kept when the Open Beta ends and the game goes live with no wipe? Or do they mean early access to the actual "Live" service? Also, as a side, are the benefits of the packs available straight away in Closed Beta (like the drow race or other items) or are they only awarded at Open Beta>Live? Thankyou.

It doesn't say "early access to open beta". It says "early access". That's early access; that's POST beta. I.E., beta ends, then they wipe everything and load up the live servers. Then Founders get access. Then two days later, Guardians get access. Then three days later, everybody else gets access. It's a 3-5 day head start on the game, POST beta.

The only guaranteed beta access from this is "beta weekends", which are closed betas. Anything else you get is for another reason, not for buying this.
  • dragonbane1977dragonbane1977 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was just going off Zebulars post - here is the quote:

Of course, a Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you the earliest (5-days early) Open Beta access so that will trump the 3-day early access for the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited January 2013
    I was just going off Zebulars post - here is the quote:

Of course, a Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you the earliest (5-days early) Open Beta access so that will trump the 3-day early access for the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack.

Yeah, our esteemed colleague Zebular has, on rare occasion, been known to misspeak. This is one of those occasions. :)
  • pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Got my question answered by official NW redname - the items stack so woot.
  • geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    meh i dont mind. i am just sticking with the 200 one. The spider is cooler. im sure there are a lot of horsey mounts in the game you can get as there is :-) and the protection stuff may be able to be bought in the in game store anyways with all the diamonds that come with :-).
  • kentheprogrammerkentheprogrammer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited January 2013
    I'm actually pretty surprised that the bigger packs don't include the stuff from the lower priced packs. $200 seemed pretty steep when I thought it was including items from other packs; it seems even less attractive now.

I've got a catch-22 feeling about buying any of the pre-order packs. On one hand I'd like to see the game succeed based on the information I've seen thus far, but on the other hand my personal "donation" of $60 or $200 isn't likely to impact whether the game ends up with a large enough community and enough content to sustain the game longer term.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    It doesn't say "early access to open beta". It says "early access". That's early access; that's POST beta. I.E., beta ends, then they wipe everything and load up the live servers. It's a 3-5 day head start on the game, POST beta.

The only guaranteed beta access from this is "beta weekends", which are closed beta.

Incorrect. Please read the details again.

You get early access to the open beta tests. Directly stated in the news posts and threads.
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    any details on if these are account wide or per character? sounds like the $20 pack is per character only. (which is steep)