test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Founder's Packs now available!

Comments

• uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited February 2013
    founder for me!!
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • raggnaxraggnax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So I just tried to purchase the founders pack and it gave me an error. Something about my card cant be used for this purchase. My bank says the car is good to go and that it hasn't been declined. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong

I had the same issue but my credit union blocks Paypal. Does anyone know of any other payment option? I looked around for a phone # to call direct but could find nothing.
  • jaecernjaecern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will the founder pack "Hero of the North" still available with discounts even after the beta has started? I would like to see the game first before buying it. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The COO of Cryptic said that all content would be 100% free. This was at GDC and you can find the link here on the forums in the interview video compilation thread. I'm not at home right now so I can't get the link for you but it shouldn't be too hard to find. It's highlighted as being the GDC video with info on the foundry I believe. I'll post it if someone else doesn't when i get home.

Here is the link to the video I promised. Sorry it's late...
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Thank you very much for that video link. I hadn't seen it before and it makes me almost as excited to start creating quests with the foundry as the video I watched a few days ago that was a 15 minute preview of the tools themselves.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    Thank you very much for that video link. I hadn't seen it before and it makes me almost as excited to start creating quests with the foundry as the video I watched a few days ago that was a 15 minute preview of the tools themselves.

You might want to check out the video compilation that bitterwinter put together.

Foundry Vieos and some FAQ's

Video List.

Interview Video Compilation.
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Can someone explain to my why you don't use the same purchase system as other PWE games? Skrill and Paypal? sheesh~
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bushwacker34 View Post
    So I just tried to purchase the founders pack and it gave me an error. Something about my card cant be used for this purchase. My bank says the car is good to go and that it hasn't been declined. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong

Im having same issue... no clue how to fix this either. AND I used it on other game this morning - so card is good.
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I have the same issue and cannot make the purchase through either payment gateway. I use a virtual credit card through Neteller and get the same response "My card cannot be used for this purpose". Works for everything else and I use this service after having issue with other online games not being able to keep my information safe /shrug Guess they don't want my monies?
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "Unlock exclusive access to the giant

ARMORED SPIDER MOUNT!

Terrorize your foes as you charge into battle atop this eight-legged beast."

Does this mean you have to reach a certain level in order to unlock it?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • netrunnnnrnetrunnnnr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I REALLY want to purchase the Hero pack but i do wish we knew more about the game first..There is really nothing listed about the Clerics and such, Nothing about tradeskills, Nothing much about char creation.. So will I blindly be throwing away $200 just to beta test and find out the game is horrible? I wish we were able to test first and then decide on what package we want to purchase.. We really do not know much of anything about this game
  • mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    netrunnnnr wrote: »
    I wish we were able to test first and then decide on what package we want to purchase..
    Perhaps you can test it out in open beta and purchase the Founder's Pack then?
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mok33 wrote: »
    Perhaps you can test it out in open beta and purchase the Founder's Pack then?

We have no idea how long these packs will be available for, and the longer you wait the less it's worth (not having access to beta) I just wish they would take my money, but they seem uninterested to do so.
  • sevargathsevargath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    have problem to buy the guardian pack :(
    6iscnm.jpg
  • norenktfnorenktf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't understand the fact that these so called "founder's pack" being worth around 200 dollars, when all of the items in there barring the exclusive mount all add up together maybe around 75 to 50 dollars. I understand you want to lure the players, but seriously 200 dollars? That is a freaking rip off and just wreaks of greed. When really you want us to pay for the freaking beta pass and the "exclusive mount".
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    norenktf wrote: »
    I don't understand the fact that these so called "founder's pack" being worth around 200 dollars, when all of the items in there barring the exclusive mount all add up together maybe around 75 to 50 dollars. I understand you want to lure the players, but seriously 200 dollars? That is a freaking rip off and just wreaks of greed. When really you want us to pay for the freaking beta pass and the "exclusive mount".

You're playing for the convenience of being first and logging in first. Everything else is gravy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teknykkteknykk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Aye...having VIP priority is nothing to scoff at in an mmo, especially if your server/shard has high traffic or population. Depending on those factors, it can be considered an almost invaluable benefit to have. To me, frankly, I bought the packs for the goodies...VIP logging in is simply a bonus so I don't have to wait around in an annoying queue.
  • gadzewksgadzewks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Big thread, didnt see an answer to any of these, so ill ask:

1. Is there a time limit on when you can buy any of the founders packs by? IE: Will we be able to purchase a pack after the first beta weekend? What about buying one when open beta starts? Or even with the game goes live?

2. Are the companion pets just for looks, or do the actually attack in combat?

3. Will the mounts and companions from the founder packs be something players can purchase with money after the game goes live from the shop?
  • sevargathsevargath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am a guardian of Neverwinter!
    6iscnm.jpg
  • deleriomdeleriom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can't wait to get in game and check things out.
  • thothpwethothpwe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hmmm. I'm on the fence here. I might pick up the Founder's Pack...
  • cartalgashcartalgash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any ideas when the founders packs will stop being available for purchase for future reference?
  • richenglishrichenglish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't bother, I bought silver and still have nothing to show for it or my account or a beta key with the beta starting tomorrow. I called and their billing didn't know what to do so he put me on hold for 9 mins then cut me off and now they are just blocked solid and you can't even wait in a queue.
    If this is any indication...I'll be issuing a chargeback. Apparently my email I sent will take 3-4 days to get answered, just in time to miss out on the beta I paid for.
  • richenglishrichenglish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Talked to their billing, apparently if you get the orange download button you're in. They agree its confusing as hell.
  • dandrix28dandrix28 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why is the $200 one have a:
    Small Bag of Holding
    Start with 12 more inventory slots for your loot!

The $20 ones also does have a:
    Small Bag of Holding

But the $60 ones does not have a:
    Small Bag of Holding

Why is that????
  • blakjak303blakjak303 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How long will the Founder's Packs be available? I would really love to make the decision to buy it after I get the chance to play the beta with the other STO Lifetimers. Sorry if this has been asked. I tried searching the forums for an answer but apparently my search skills are lacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had the opportunity to play this game at PAX last year, and I have zero issue with dropping Cash up front to play it - it's gonna be fun, it's gonna look awesome, and in my case, it's not based on 'faith' but rather experience... So, that said - I'd like a bit of help getting 'pushed over the edge' to make the larger $$ commitment, instead of the smaller one.

1st: I assume that if I want the spider mount ($200 dollar package reward,) AND the Wolf companion (60$ pack,) that I will need to buy both? yea or nay?

2nd: it's Feb 7th, are people downloading the Beta now?

if the answer is NO to this question, and the beta is supposed to start tomorrow, then - sigh, I'm going to have to go with the option of spending Zero Dollars on this, because It doesn't take much of a prophet to see a HUGE choke point on getting the game files.

I'll just wait till the next beta when I can play due to my having the Torchlight pre purchase, and a lifetime Champions and life time STO subscription.

but ya, if folks haven't been DL'ing this for the past few days - THAT fills me with great trepidation as to the successful launch capabilities of this 1st beta

- I'd have zero expectation of even getting into the game till late Sat night / early Sun morn. This failed planning and preparation for the # of interested parties is a scenario seen before, and I wish that it wouldn't keep on being repeated. (hopefully I'm just worrying for nothing, and the Downloads have been going on most of today at least.)

anyway, are you peeps getting files now or not? thanks.

and 3rd:

One of the 'perks' of the Hero pack says that you can start to make your own dungeons with the 'foundry tools' (or what ever they are calling them,) and it lists the time frame of this happening as "immediately"

um... really? are people that have purchased this currently using that tool?

if purchasers of that Hero Pack are not 'immediately' upon purchase using the dungeon creation tools, then why on earth are you advertising it that way?!!!?

this 'claim' seems so preposterous that I'll be pleasantly Flabbergasted to find out that it is indeed a reality and that people are actually using those tools now.... at the same time, I will instantly be putting my hard earned dollars down to have a stab at it too!

but once again, if it's really not 'Immediately' PLEASE, Change that - it makes you come off 'used car sales-many' if you are promising things that are obviously not happening.... grrr, I doubt so much that this is a reality that the though of how some one thought that it was an 'ok' thing to list as a perk "immediately" just makes the hair stand up on the back of my head! ... and that is a real feat cause - the back of my head is shaved clean!

ok, that's my 3 Q's can some one help me decide how much / if any cash to plunk down by answering the Q's? thanks.

zWolf / Wesgar -out.

oh, bonus question I see that most of the other games made by this company use 'Zen' to purchase items with.. but it looks like the founder packs are giving 'gems' as a currency... would I be correct that you might buy 'zen' to buy the ingame Gems? or some such thing like that? could some one point me to an area that would clarify this for me? Thanks.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sendriensendrien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is there any indication of what types of things you might buy with Astral Diamonds? Anyone familiar with PWE games, maybe you could shed some light on this to those of us who are new to PWE's store model. Many thanks!
    The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sendrien wrote: »
    Is there any indication of what types of things you might buy with Astral Diamonds? Anyone familiar with PWE games, maybe you could shed some light on this to those of us who are new to PWE's store model. Many thanks!

Perfect World game of PWE allows you to buy everything with gold from AH (players can trade).

They themselves sell gold so cheap that there are no gold farmers. However, that means whoever has most gold also has best armor - so you really need to join good guilds to get your hands on decent gear so the higher level guys in guild can give it away to you.

That is also the reason it is called p2w as gold can buy you any gear(no binds) but in truth it is not because if you keep playing the game with friends, you can get your hands at max-stat gear easily even without paying. {gear caps out at high lvl}
  • sinzan82sinzan82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Whop whop only a couple of hours to go :)
    Member of AOC-Gaming.se

Stream: Sinzzan @ Twitch

Sponsord by Green Man Gaming
    "Pay in $ - Cheapest Games Online"