test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    baddkidbaddkid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    if i win. id:
    1. cry for the first 1 hr, because i cant believe i won
    2. open the game and cry for another 1hr
    3. learn everything i can about the game before release for me and my guild.
    4. try to break the Foundry(what interests me the most)
    5. cry again because beta is over.......(cry)
  • Options
    danakayedanakaye Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would hope that both my husband (Madelk) and I would be selected for the beta weekend because we like playing together and going around doing quests...slashing and hacking up enemies.... and having so much fun together.
  • Options
    okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i wont pay a large ammount of money for a game i have not played this early into development just to get into closed beta, so i wont be playing probably just keeping an eye out for gameplay vids and early reviews.

i signed up for open beta the first week PW let me, so i have been waiting a loooong time, loved the neverwinter nights games and hope to have just as much fun here. but holding onto the little money i have till i have played the game.
  • Options
    theebadger30theebadger30 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My beta weekend will be, exploring the aspects of the city of neverwinter. To see all the sights, to see if I can pick them out from the books.
  • Options
    smagusgroksmagusgrok Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Find the crown of neverwinter, rule the city and place a bounty on the head of all the little Drow pretenders out there!
  • Options
    juanclunacjuanclunac Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i just wish to play the game until i got a confirmed crit :D
  • Options
    ezurakun88ezurakun88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to check the game before buying it.
    And also before i tell all of my gamer friends, i have to make sure this game is awesome.
    i hope i can win this beta key.
  • Options
    zephelxzephelx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans? Well those are partially ruled by how I know I'd react.

First: I would get stupidly excited like the kid getting an N64.

Second: I would point out every little feature to my wife who would quickly start ignoring me. This however would not stop me from bring them up. This would continue till she had the same interest as me or left the room.

Third: I would explore every detail of making a character and fiddle with every choice. Being stupidly excited, it'd be hard to pick something, but of course I would inevitably make one and start playing.

Lastly: Turn all the settings up and explore as much as possible! Staying up too late, getting up too early and having a low sleep to wake ratio for the weekend. But it would be worth it. :)
  • Options
    divinesilence12divinesilence12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Really looking forward to playing this!
  • Options
    bulldrekbulldrek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is just to get into the beta in the first place. But this looks really cool, I can't wait for it to launch.
    Shadowrun Missions Developer
    http://www.shadowrun4.com/missions/
  • Options
    huberchasehuberchase Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can't wait to check out all the classes to see their skills/trees/build customization options/etc! See you in game!
  • Options
    caladan4caladan4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans for beta in Neverwinter is to stock-up on pretzel M&Ms and Dr. Pepper followed by hours of testing character play. I want to start with a guardian fighter, learning the mechanics of the game, taking my time, and not just understanding how the game works, but looking for issues with the game as well. I am interested in learning the background of places and characters, getting more in-depth with the lore, then seeing how the Cryptic team has implemented D&D into this iteration of Neverwinter. I am very excited about this game and cannot wait to get my hands on the Foundry which, in my opinion, has the potential to change the way we look at how gaming content is delivered. Good luck to everyone and lets help make this a great game!
    Three rules of roleplaying: 1. Listen at doors, 2. Always have some rope, and 3. Search the bodies.
  • Options
    vilocviloc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 55
    edited February 2013
    My goal is see which class I want to play when the game goes live and possibly start building a quest on the foundry if it's available.
  • Options
    ahsamino1ahsamino1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Complete EVERYTHING. Not gonna settle for 50, 60 or 70%, 100% all the way, through and through!
  • Options
    barkynbarkyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    my plans are to see just how far and in depth the rogue gets. I want to see how much i can bend and twist the foundry to my will to make the most unique dungeons possible...and go on a bug hunting spree to make the game all that much better
    "Just because im short and stumpy doesnt mean im not fast and nimble. my thirst for treasure keeps me...shall we say...more athletic than most dwarves" Dakoldin Quiverbeard (Dwarven Ranger)
  • Options
    eeynoeeyno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    If I was in beta I would be spending beta weekend working on a cleric as its one of my favorite roles. I have already played one in 4th edition rules and see how his role changed. It will interesting to see how it will work out in an MMO where healing can be important. I have played healers in other MMO's including DDO so I plan on providing a ton if beta feedback on such an important role.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Help contribute to fixing bugs.
    Test out each class.
    See how interactive the PvE content is.
    Look around for Iconic characters.
    Experience the most epic fantasy realm there is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mbatmanmmbatmanm Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    After playing with the character customization tool to get the look I want, I'll try out several classes & find one that I want to roll first. Then I'll dive into the content to explore, while trying to find any bugs in the game to help make it better. :D
  • Options
    ghrysghrys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would try out class/race combos one at a time until I found the combination that really does it for me, I'd do a bit of exploring and leveling as my fancy takes me. See what sort of hidden gems there are. If I'm in the mood I might tinker a bit on the foundry.
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    "What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter? "

I'm planning on trying out and exploring as much in the game as possible and giving feedback along with my Guild-mates that are already getting access.
  • Options
    kinkad13kinkad13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what I would do if I got beta access
    step 1: call work and tell them I have come down with a small case of the plague but it should clear up in a few levels . . days
    step 2 Make 2 pots of coffee
    step 3 board up the door to my computter room with me and the coffee
    Then roll up a rogue and start my grand adventure of questing, exploreing and hunting for awsome loot. Untill the coffee runs out
    and I pass out on my keyboard.
    ( reporting all bugs and glitchies that block my way in said grand adventure
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Let's see ...

Play with the mechanics as much as possible, try to bust a few bugs and overall just have fun. Been waiting nearly 2 years for this, I plan to enjoy every available moment of in-game time I get.
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd like to experiment with the different classes/customization options. I haven't played 4th edition at all, so I want to get myself familiar with the different builds before the game goes live. I also like to explore and see everything. Try everything. I have a habit of not completing quests as intended and I'm interested in seeing if cryptic's adventures are tolerant of that and don't bug out on me every time (like some games I've played.)
  • Options
    morhilanemorhilane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited February 2013
    My goal for the beta is to get a better understanding of the game. I hope to be able to see lots of beautiful places and get entertaining encounters.
  • Options
    uggsmashuggsmash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited February 2013
    Step 1: Test out the different classes(and races) for an hour each, get a better feel of what I want to play at launch.
    Step 2: Play the storyline for a rest of weekend 1 and 2, and see if those dungeon delves are meaty with a side of awesome.
    Step 3: Break out the good china, mum's heirloom silverware, and fine dine on the Foundry for weekend 3. I wanna see the rats run the maze <licks fingers>
  • Options
    purewitz85purewitz85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans are to help the development team to make the game the best it can be for the public launch date of the game. By helping out with feedback and bug reports.
  • Options
    gprime501gprime501 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I going to explore every place in neverwinter and see every monster I'm a hardcore gamer of mmo and DDO I want this pack to have more fun and more experience in the game
  • Options
    crusader2kcrusader2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would love a chance to test out all the classes and see as much of the story as I can.
  • Options
    snapsyssnapsys Member, Silverstars Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    take annual leave from work. cancel all social plans. smash untold amounts of redbull and stay awake all weekend :D
  • Options
    slyxenslyxen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan would be to test out a couple of different classes to see how they play.
This discussion has been closed.