test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Massivley posts about the latest dev blog

stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
And the usual suspects are screaming fail Who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes:
Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
Post edited by stormdrag0n on

Comments

• Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What do you all think about gear being class bound?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    gevringevrin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Honestly, that was a pretty lame update. It didn't inform me of anything. At all.

Oh, so they're making it an MMO? I had -no- idea.
  • Options
    pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It was a pretty disappointing blog, IMO. I kept waiting for it to get beyond the introduction and actually start. I mean, with gems like this:

With multiple armor slots, you have many ways to protect yourself from harm during battle. The most important slots are Head, Armor, Arms, and Feet to protect you from absolute fatal blows from foes. Other slots are necessary to enhance your effectiveness such as Neck, Waist, Shirt (under Armor), and Trousers. It’s essential to equip yourself with the best available equipment for your character level – don’t leave any slots empty!

I'm left wondering if next week we'll get a blog telling us we'll kill monsters and perform quests for xp?

I'm excited for this game, don't get me wrong. But this was not an exciting blog.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, you have to admit, the dev blog was "fail". The only thing missing was a huge boobed girl with pigtails, licking a lollypop, giggling, and pointing to cards with things like "Customize", "Power Up!", "Boost those stats", "Life Drain em!" written on them.

Stop with the BS nonsense stuff any MMO player already expects/knows; that won't sell the game. Give us something that sets the game apart. Give us something meaty!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »

Not the way I would have done it, but not going to complain until I play it.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Well, you have to admit, the dev blog was "fail". The only thing missing was a huge boobed girl with pigtails, licking a lollypop, giggling, and pointing to cards with things like "Customize", "Power Up!", "Boost those stats", "Life Drain em!" written on them.

Stop with the BS nonsense stuff any MMO player already expects/knows; that won't sell the game. Give us something that sets the game apart. Give us something meaty!

Well Cryptic keeps defending it's LOL-worthy marketing department...honestly when I was at Quest Online we had a better marketing team and that was one guy who did it part time.

I mean they are just a laughing stock at this point.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well Cryptic keeps defending it's LOL-worthy marketing department...honestly when I was at Quest Online we had a better marketing team and that was one guy who did it part time.

I mean they are just a laughing stock at this point.

Hey, who knows, maybe we'll get lucky on the next blog, and there really will be a Huge Boo....
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The screenshots were pretty cool though. :) The game does look like it's going to be very pretty. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The screenshots were pretty cool though. :) The game does look like it's going to be very pretty. :D

Way to find that silver lining my man :)
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Hey, who knows, maybe we'll get lucky on the next blog, and there really will be a Huge Boo....

The power of Boo won't be denied! :p
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Way to find that silver lining my man :)

Is that dark elf rogue hot or what? :)

(Though I'm a she not a he. ;) )
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Is that dark elf rogue hot or what? :)

Very tasty indeed.

ow ow!! wife... punching me..no no...not the.....
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Very tasty indeed.

ow ow!! wife... punching me..no no...not the.....

Hehehe. Will she be playing with you? I'm a bigger gamer than my man, but I've already started working on him. Hopefully I'll win out and he'll play. He was interested until he saw the class list and saw there was no bard. :(

But if they look like that I may be able to win him back by playing a hot drow...
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    And the usual suspects are screaming fail Who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes:

Thats pretty much all i get here while trying to promote it unbiasedly, can i borrow your eyeroll for a minute. (bashes head against table 3 times, nah wai.... no theres another......)

http://www.mpogd.com/news/?ID=11557

check out that mad screen 6 down (balor)balor_zps44e99c71.jpg

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121713-Neverwinter-Survival-Tip-Buff-Your-Hat
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Maybe to keep the classes on offer feeling unique, possibly to allow for the class expansion over the future of the game. So in the end as gill has stated many times there might be over 50-60 classes to play? game being out over 2 years of course
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hehehe. Will she be playing with you? I'm a bigger gamer than my man, but I've already started working on him. Hopefully I'll win out and he'll play. He was interested until he saw the class list and saw there was no bard. :(

But if they look like that I may be able to win him back by playing a hot drow...

Oh yeah she DM's a weekly Dragonlance campaign and is an amazing DM, can't wait until we do our first Dungeon delve together.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ryvvik wrote: »
    Thats pretty much all i get here while trying to promote it unbiasedly, can i borrow your eyeroll for a minute.

http://www.mpogd.com/news/?ID=11557

check out that mad screen 6 down (balor)balor_zps44e99c71.jpg

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121713-Neverwinter-Survival-Tip-Buff-Your-Hat

Yeah I hear ya! I know I rag on the sucktastic marketing dept...but despite that I am really excited for the game...and yeah this is why I laugh when folks say the Graphics are bad.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh yeah she DM's a weekly Dragonlance campaign and is an amazing DM, can't wait until we do our first Dungeon delve together.

Yeah, the delves sound fun. I want to do one with my guy. :D
    I'm trying to coax him in with promises of creating dungeons for him. I'd been planning on playing a tiefling, but that drow has me reconsidering. He likes drow.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, the delves sound fun. I want to do one with my guy. :D
    I'm trying to coax him in with promises of creating dungeons for him. I'd been planning on playing a tiefling, but that drow has me reconsidering. He likes drow.

I dunno... a Teifling done the right way could be just as hot,:P I plan to carry over my NWN campaign to NWO, it was fairly popular I just hope it won't lose too much by not being persistant
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I hear ya! I know I rag on the sucktastic marketing dept...but despite that i am really excited for the game...and yeah this is why I laugh when folks say the Graphics are bad.

I'm the same. I am pretty psyched for the game, I just want relevant info. For example; looking at the beautiful screenshots, I am really wondering what the Minimum system specs will be. That is info that could help me personally decide on certain parts for my upcoming computer build. People always want that info, because it gives them a chance to save some pennies and upgrade if they need to. If I have to wait until release, and then find out I need to upgrade, I simply skip the game entirely. I prefer to play from day one, I mean that's why I'm here following the game after all.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I dunno... a Teifling done the right way could be just as hot,:P I plan to carry over my NWN campaign to NWO, it was fairly popular I just hope it won't lose too much by not being persistant

What will ultimately make my decision are the tiefling horns. If the horns are done well, I'll play a tiefling. An example of horns done badly are the SWTOR zabrak. Horns and hairstyle on the same slider is epic fail, and unless one really grabs me, will cause me to go for drow. This being Cryptic, I am suspecting I'm in luck. But you never know in a game until you're looking at it.
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Is that a demon or a devil ?? Hmmmm I hope we get at least some allusion about what happened to the Blood War
  • Options
    tearingtheweavetearingtheweave Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2013

And this qoute right here is why I think I have decided to just be a player and skip modding all together with this game. I'm excited to play but my hearts in building and with the limitations on only being able to build adventures has caused me to lose any interest in the Foundry. Unless upon release everything I have read so far is inaccurate this is my stance as a builder for now. Other than that I think the game looks great. Graphics wise for me at least it's passing the eye test.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    Is that a demon or a devil ?? Hmmmm I hope we get at least some allusion about what happened to the Blood War

Blood war ended when asmodeus hurled the demons to abyss. Devil won very easily in FR unike in Greyhawk whee it is only a truce.

In FR blood war has been a complete victory for devils due to asmodeus getting his grubby claws on azuth's essence.
  • Options
    talonvectortalonvector Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Unfortunately marketing seems to me to b more of a psych game then anything, if some 1 is truly good in marketing they may fed u something that dosnt interest u so that the next time when they do feed u something good, it is a kind of POW thing in your face. The prob with that style dosnt so much belong to those that do it, but to those that respond the way u want them to. So with that said i can see a cleric video comin out soon, and the tone of those on the forums changing darmaticly, which would b a marketing success. Not to mention how even a what would seem like a fail blog can get some 1 like me to finnally join the forums conversations for the 1st time. So i can see 2 effective ways to get attention. 1= walk into a bar and spit in the big dudes face, u might not like what kind of attention u will get, but u will get attention, or walk in and buy him a drink, which of course is the attention u want(or at least I hope u would want.) A good marketing team could b compared to a good boxer, dance around throw a few left jabs. Left jabs are not that impressive, but they r there to line u up for a right hook. I guess what i am saying for us costomers is.... when the left jab is landed b preparred for the right hook cause its comin. The fault in what could b called bad marketing, isnt bad at all if the costomers respond the way they want u to.......
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    A good marketing team could b compared to a good boxer, dance around throw a few left jabs. Left jabs are not that impressive, but they r there to line u up for a right hook. I guess what i am saying for us costomers is.... when the left jab is landed b preparred for the right hook cause its comin. The fault in what could b called bad marketing, isnt bad at all if the costomers respond the way they want u to.......

If you ask me, I'm still waiting for the right hook to be thrown, but my bet is that it'll have as much impact as Glass Joe's best punch.

I guess the best thing I can say about class specific gear is that at least everyone won't be running around in exactly the same thing by endgame...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I guess the best thing I can say about class specific gear is that at least everyone won't be running around in exactly the same thing by endgame...

And I think that was the intent we talked a bit about this at gencon and I distinctly remember it being said that the last thing they wanted was "the correct build" They aren't fans of cookie cutter builds like in WoW that's for sure.
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I don't mind class specific gear as a matter of fact it makes sense to me.

What I don't like is that most of the customization that I have seen talked about it mostly just makeup and clothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I don't mind class specific gear as a matter of fact it makes sense to me.

What I don't like is that most of the customization that I have seen talked about it mostly just makeup and clothing.

Well, we have to look pretty don't we? :p
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well, we have to look pretty don't we? :p

Yes, yes we do. :)
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well class specific gear has its pro's and con's. In Tera ever Amani SLayer was running around looking the exact same, just a different colour.

I found the blog non informative but I was excited that there was something new to read, even though I learnt nothing.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    Well class specific gear has its pro's and con's. In Tera ever Amani SLayer was running around looking the exact same, just a different colour.

I found the blog non informative but I was excited that there was something new to read, even though I learnt nothing.

I am just curious how the class bound gear will work stat wise, will it be like some games where "rogue" gear focuses mainly on dex or upping crits etc while the gear of another class like "barbarian" focuses on str and extra damage etc ?

Can't wait til this NDA is over and we can start hearing some real info from those that are in beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild