test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Gamer mount/beta key not working.

boltaneboltane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I bought a physical copy of PC Gamer's Feb issue that contained a key claiming to work for beta and unlock a mount. However the key isn't working at the beta sign up though. Any thoughts?
Boltane level 60 Guardian Fighter
Boltana level 40 Trickster Rogue
Boltana Stark level 21 Control Wizard
Boltana Tully level 20 Devine Cleric
Post edited by boltane on

Comments

• Options
    daosagedaosage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited January 2013
    So you folliowed the instructions and they emailed you a key and that key isn't working?
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Was the mag still sealed in plastic? If not somebody may have stolen the key.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I got mine digitally, but the instructions on how to get your mount/key were detailed on a page toward the back of the magazine. Then you follow those instructions and they email you the key and you paste it into the field on the NW website.

Was it different for the hard copy?
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daosage wrote: »
    I got mine digitally, but the instructions on how to get your mount/key were detailed on a page toward the back of the magazine. Then you follow those instructions and they email you the key and you paste it into the field on the NW website.

Was it different for the hard copy?

Yes. The key is in the mag.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    Yes. The key is in the mag.

Oh, I'll shut up then. That super sucks if it was ripped out, though.
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The beta key page is having technical difficulties. I was trying to enter my old ladies today and had the same issue.
  • Options
    boltaneboltane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    If its the site then hopefully the key will work later. Otherwise yes the magazine was in the plastic cover so I'd hope the key wasn't stolen somehow.
  • Options
    jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The key I got for preordering Torchlight 2 doesn't work either. They are working on it.
  • Options
    dinosourdogdinosourdog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    my key works but i cant download the game. when are they letting us in, I'm pretty upset i only payed for the mag so i could play the game and it appears i still have to wait, should i be able to download after it accepts my key? or am i understanding right they the key just lets me find out that the download will be available soon?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    You have to put up with the download button now until beta starts
  • Options
    t3chparadoxt3chparadox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So is the key redemption working or not? I've been trying to enter my PCGamer key (and yes, I know it's valid because I removed the shrink-wrap from the physical copy of the magazine myself), and I keep getting the error "The access key you entered does not exist. Please check the key. If the key you entered matches the one given to you, please contact customerservice@perfectworld.com". Do I need to nag PerfectWorld's support, PC Gamer's support, both of them, or just wait a couple more days and try it again?
  • Options
    tinyishtinyish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I won a key by being the runner up in the scary adventure contest. Here we are 90 days after they announced the winners and I still don't have a key...
  • Options
    dankreaper420dankreaper420 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I downloaded the digital magazine and have my code but for whatever reason the infernal browser says my key does not exist.. This is blasphemy !!
  • Options
    dankreaper420dankreaper420 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been having the same problem this is very frustrating :(
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Howdy all,

I just got done talking to CM Pin about this. He said that the redeem page is giving them issues, to hold onto your keys for the time being. I'll respond as soon as he lets me know it's working properly again. Our apologies for this inconvenience.

Cheers,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the update! Having the same issue.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Right now, there is a technical issue with the redeem key page where it is telling folks that their keys do not exist. Tech is looking into it and I do not have any further updates for you at this time. Again, our apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

Cheers,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    tinyish wrote: »
    I won a key by being the runner up in the scary adventure contest. Here we are 90 days after they announced the winners and I still don't have a key...

Check your PMs- If it's not there, send in a ticket and we'll hook you up.
    _____

Guys- we're having a bit of trouble with our redemption page for certain keys.

Please first try clearing your browser cache, then restart your browser.

If after trying the above it's still pushing you through a weird process, PLEASE send a ticket! Include where you got your key, too.

Thanks!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    As far as I know it's been like this since 11:00am.
  • Options
    tinyishtinyish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    melanderi wrote: »

My ticket has been open for almost two weeks. I'm smart enough not to come to the forums first; I'm just really frustrated now and I was hoping I could get your attention.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Still not working after cache cleared and browser restarted. I submitted a ticket on this issue before I started this thread and have yet to hear any response.

*edit
    I just tried to check on my ticket, but the support link is no longer working. Chrome claims there is a redirect loop problem.

BTW on the "My Account" page there is a link to "redeem beta keys" which when I put my key in tells me its a Neverwinter key and gives me the link to the page I've been trying to use all along and still tells me the key does not exist.
  • Options
    zeoxzzeoxz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    o.o the tech probs u guys r experiencing reminds me so much of rustyhearts similar problems..(another game by PWE)
    codes for almost everything dont work. free items, chars, that pwe emailed to me..
    in the end i get pissed off so much i just uninstall ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drizzt1814drizzt1814 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Man, I feel pretty good about my key working instantaneously.

Not to... uh... rub it in or anything...

I hope everyone's problems are fixed soon! Beta key related ones and otherwise!
  • Options
    voroovoroo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    melanderi wrote: »

_____

Guys- we're having a bit of trouble with our redemption page for certain keys.

Please first try clearing your browser cache, then restart your browser.

If after trying the above it's still pushing you through a weird process, PLEASE send a ticket! Include where you got your key, too.

Thanks!
    I found your solution for your problem,if you put space before your key is working like a charm,i think your programmers made a silly mistake and is hard to track it,if that is the solution of your problem reword me with an alpha key:)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    voroo wrote: »
    I found your solution for your problem,if you put space before your key is working like a charm,i think your programmers made a silly mistake and is hard to track it,if that is the solution of your problem reword me with an alpha key:)

I just tried that and it still doesn't accept the key. Guess we'll have to wait until their tech guys figure out the issue.
  • Options
    voroovoroo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i tried yestarday and today to enter the key,but today i clicked my account and i entered reedem beta key with 1 space before and it worked,try to reedem key here https://register.perfectworld.com/account
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    voroo wrote: »
    i tried yestarday and today to enter the key,but today i clicked my account and i entered reedem beta key with 1 space before and it worked,try to reedem key here https://register.perfectworld.com/account

Thanks that worked like a charm. Now if the download button would just not be disabled.....
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    it worked..thanks man
  • Options
    sarge56sarge56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you already have redeemed your beta key and want to get the mount will this key work?
  • Options
    juggsernaughtjuggsernaught Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The CBT has not even started, even then there is no telling which phase you will be admitted to. I'm sorry you are upset that you bought a magazine.