test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Gamer mount/beta key not working.

2»

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    sarge56 wrote: »
    If you already have redeemed your beta key and want to get the mount will this key work?
    It should, we haven't been told otherwise. I've redeemed both my T2 Pre-Order CBT Key for Neverwinter and my PC Gamer Magazine key and it took both (this was before the errors stated in this thread).

But yeah, as the poster above me stated, Closed Beta hasn't started yet so please do not feel like you're missing out on anything while we get this issue resolved. There will be an official announcement on these forums and web site when the Closed Beta Testing has begun.
  • Options
    ryhsryhs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any ETA on when the key redemption page will be fixed?
  • Options
    uglybuggeruglybugger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This one?

Is it broken? Note, I do not have a key to enter, so I can't test it.
  • Options
    fursnakefursnake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited January 2013
    Key redemption page for PC Gamer is now working.
  • Options
    fursnakefursnake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited January 2013
    The key redemption for the PC Gamer mag keys seems to be working now. Insofar as I was just able to redeem my key from the mag.
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how can you tell if your key worked? I put one in from hard copy, I think it worked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    rohk007 wrote: »
    how can you tell if your key worked? I put one in from hard copy, I think it worked
    This page linked below will show you, above and below the key field: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey
  • Options
    wildchild2405wildchild2405 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    fursnake wrote: »
    The key redemption for the PC Gamer mag keys seems to be working now. Insofar as I was just able to redeem my key from the mag.

Me too . i got the congrat email from pc gamer magazine
  • Options
    barkynbarkyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    my key works but i cant download the game. when are they letting us in, I'm pretty upset i only payed for the mag so i could play the game and it appears i still have to wait, should i be able to download after it accepts my key? or am i understanding right they the key just lets me find out that the download will be available soon?

have we not been paying attention? BETA hasnt even started yet...if you can see the Download now page that means you are offically in the beta...it just hasnt begun yet
    "Just because im short and stumpy doesnt mean im not fast and nimble. my thirst for treasure keeps me...shall we say...more athletic than most dwarves" Dakoldin Quiverbeard (Dwarven Ranger)
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually some people couldn't enter or get the system to recognize the keys entries Apparently, that's been fixed now. But yes, beta hasn't started yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hempyyhempyy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Aww, I was really wanting to try it out today!
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hempyy wrote: »
    Aww, I was really wanting to try it out today!

Brother, you are not alone in that sentiment. I bet at least half of the active posters on this forum check their e-mail, pms, and download tabs ever day they log on. :p

Maybe the kitties will convince them to let you in tomorrow.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    my key works fine. I also hope my characters get all black horses.
  • Options
    girlbrushgirlbrush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited January 2013
    tinyish wrote: »
    I won a key by being the runner up in the scary adventure contest. Here we are 90 days after they announced the winners and I still don't have a key...
    melanderi wrote: »

Check your PMs- If it's not there, send in a ticket and we'll hook you up.

I also didn't get any PM or key. I took part in the contest as well, and everyone who participated is suppose to get one even if they didn't win. Were they supposed to be sent out already or will that be done later?

How does one open a ticket anyway? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    girlbrush wrote: »
    I also didn't get any PM or key. I took part in the contest as well, and everyone who participated is suppose to get one even if they didn't win. Were they supposed to be sent out already or will that be done later?

How does one open a ticket anyway? Thanks.
    Only the winners got keys, not all participants.
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=707331

Winners List:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=730501
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Only the winners got keys, not all participants.
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=707331

Winners List:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=730501

Not true. The winners list includes the following:

"Every story was spine-chillingly fantastic, so each entrant will be given a coveted Neverwinter Beta key. Keep an eye on your email for details on how to redeem your key."

I also asked in the discussion thread for verification (see here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?15351-Spooky-Adventure-Contest-%28Discussion-Thread%29/page10), and the answer given was yes, we all get keys for our efforts.

ambisinisterr: "Yes indeed!
    Congrats to every one of you, enjoy them :-) " (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?15351-Spooky-Adventure-Contest-%28Discussion-Thread%29/page10)

Edit: Sorry, it won't let me give specific links to the posts themselves, so I have to put the entire page link down instead.

And

ambisinisterr: "Congratulations to deadnsyde, remedialhappyman and tinyish!

Well done and enjoy the prizes!
    I know all the participants are appreciating the complimentary Beta Keys though ;-D" (underlined for emphasis)(http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?16731-Spooky-Adventure-Contest-Winners!&p=271381&viewfull=1#post271381)

If we weren't suppose to get keys, that statement in the winners list is poorly worded, and no one said anything that said we weren't suppose to get them when I asked.

I should also probably point out that I didn't receive any email about my key either.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Not true. The winners list includes the following:

"Every story was spine-chillingly fantastic, so each entrant will be given a coveted Neverwinter Beta key. Keep an eye on your email for details on how to redeem your key."

I also asked in the discussion thread for verification (see here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?15351-Spooky-Adventure-Contest-%28Discussion-Thread%29/page10), and the answer given was yes, we all get keys for our efforts.

ambisinisterr: "Yes indeed!
    Congrats to every one of you, enjoy them :-) " (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?15351-Spooky-Adventure-Contest-%28Discussion-Thread%29/page10)

Edit: Sorry, it won't let me give specific links to the posts themselves, so I have to put the entire page link down instead.

And

ambisinisterr: "Congratulations to deadnsyde, remedialhappyman and tinyish!

Well done and enjoy the prizes!
    I know all the participants are appreciating the complimentary Beta Keys though ;-D" (underlined for emphasis)(http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?16731-Spooky-Adventure-Contest-Winners!&p=271381&viewfull=1#post271381)

If we weren't suppose to get keys, that statement in the winners list is poorly worded, and no one said anything that said we weren't suppose to get them when I asked.

I should also probably point out that I didn't receive any email about my key either.
    Very nice! Good catch and thanks for the links! I had missed that and don't recall ever being informed. Now that I re-read them all, I don't see how I could have missed it! WEIRD!!!

Definitely file a Support Ticket ASAP! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Very nice! Good catch and thanks for the links! I had missed that and don't recall ever being informed. Now that I re-read them all, I don't see how I could have missed it! WEIRD!!!

Definitely file a Support Ticket ASAP! :)

Thanks for the reply. How do I file a support ticket? Sorry.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the reply. How do I file a support ticket? Sorry.
    Up top these forums (and any page in the PWE website) is a link labeled "Support" - follow this link to be taken to forms you may fill out. If (some are affected by this) you get a redirect error and aren't able to reach the Support site, email customerservice@perfectworld.com from your email on your PWE account that should have gotten the key. Be sure to be as thorough in explanation as possible, like you were with me earlier. :)

Keep responding via email or updating your ticket every couple days whether or not they get back with you until they understand that you're entitled to a Key and they give you a firm answer on it.

Here is a direct link to your Entry for your records and Support Ticket:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?15361-Spooky-Adventure-Contest-(Submissions)&p=265381&viewfull=1#post265381

If you have the redirect error I mentioned, email another support complaint about this particularly.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks Zebular for the detailed explanation. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks Zebular for the detailed explanation. Much appreciated.
    Most welcome, let me know via PM if you need any further assistance with this or aren't getting the responses you desire with Support. :)
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This goes for any contest winners and runners up who didn't get their promised keys by Stormshade. I also will be glad to take PM's if you have problems. Thanks for letting us know this was not resolved!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deadnsydedeadnsyde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi guys - been inundated with work so I haven't been active on the forums - as of today, 2/1/2013, I am unable to use the support link at the top of the page. I get a page not found error. Please forward to the support staff that their link is not working. I would like to participate and help wherever I can to make this an amazing game.