test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Date

psychotichamsterpsychotichamster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So its been mentioned that this game will launch "early 2013". That only leaves Cryptic about a month or so left, and if beta hasn't event started, will this game make its release or has it been pushed back?
Post edited by psychotichamster on

Comments

• Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually early 2013 can be April especially if its divided up in sets of 4 i.e. Jan-Apr May-Aug Sept-Dec with Jan to Apr early May to Aug mid and Sept to Dec as end. or if you're going by quarters the end of Mar for early 2013
  • Options
    ahrimavizxahrimavizx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To me, early 2013 is 1st quarter, or January through March. I could see it being pushed back to any time from April to June, however.
    Needless to say, I'm still hoping for an early 2013 release and an even sooner closed beta! :)
  • Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    if someone says early. they usually are talking early, mid, late year. so in that concept it should be out by April 30th.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    All depends on whose calendar we are following and whether it is financial or not....
  • Options
    darkrevalationdarkrevalation Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Early usually mean Q1 which is the first 4 months of the year so anywhere from January to April could be used as a release date.
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    seriously doubt it will be out by Summer. Beta prob March if I had to guess ....after watch this video below it looks like they are close. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpYYFKzIE6I&feature=youtu.be
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would say late summer is more realistic which is better than my original date of Dec or Jan 2014
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    lolwutruevendoinlolwutruevendoin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Beta will be next month almost certainly. My guess is release March.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Beta will be next month almost certainly. My guess is release March.

Really think that when Alpha hasn't even gone yet?
  • Options
    blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Really think that when Alpha hasn't even gone yet?

alpha is going on is it not?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, Alpha should have been in process for a while since they had it playable enough for Gaming Conventions... And having contests for Alpha keys means they are probably closer toward the end of Alpha.
  • Options
    lolwutruevendoinlolwutruevendoin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A more active Alpha has been going on here in america for 5 days, but for months in asia. Also "We're showing off a new screen every week for Neverwinter to get you even MORE excited for the upcoming Beta" Quote from facebook posted today.
  • Options
    daosagedaosage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited January 2013
    I wouldn't expect to many specifics this far out from a company whose name is actually CRYPTIC. ;)
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I asked my magic eight ball "When will Neverwinter online be released?: and the answer was;

"Better not tell you now""

Lol, I just got served.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUb3DBYjWNJqvea9GEXsOlLZJrMk856fveyPCyR-cbPyPMPzSu
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    theincarnadine42theincarnadine42 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    I asked my magic eight ball "When will Neverwinter online be released?: and the answer was;

"Better not tell you now""

Lol, I just got served.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUb3DBYjWNJqvea9GEXsOlLZJrMk856fveyPCyR-cbPyPMPzSu

Okay, that made me almost fall out of my chair, well done!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    For any video game development company "early 2013" means "2013 best case scenario."

You guys should be used to this by now :P
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Early 2013 does not necesarrily mean within the first quarter.

I hope beyond hope they don't stupidly "release" the game within two months. I'd love for Open Beta to occur by May-June or so but the last thing I want to see is a three week Closed Bet and three week Open Beta to follow up with a ridiculous press release.

As I said in another thread "release" is just a formallity for an MMO.
    Normal game releases are just that, the game is complete and for the most part won't be touched again. This isn't the case with MMO's which will always get new content on a fairly regular basis. Release is simply a point when they consider the game as bug free as possible and will start working on several small projects rather than hundreds.

I'd rather see months of Closed Beta to make sure players get a true chance to give feedback and effect the game's development. That's just not possible with a 1-2 month CBT Test.
    I don't want the game to be "released" just to be "released." Considering the Closed Beta Tests have not started yet I would be extremely saddened if the game was rushed to be released by June let alone March.

Stop pressuring them to "release" the game. The end result of pushing for a first quarter release will be an unfinished product.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Most of the testing from trends lately seems to be shifted to one segment earlier. Alpha being more like Closed Beta, Closed Beta being more like Open Beta, and Open Beta being more like a trial for playing or to stabilize population algorithms. I remember when Alpha content was never playable at Gaming Conventions and they only started being playable there at the Closed Beta stage.
  • Options
    starkillianstarkillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    So you are saying they are no where near release shape currently? Other wise why would you say people shouldn't pressure for a release. Of course we should! We are customers and that is what customers do, they want to touch the product they want to spend money on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    A more active Alpha has been going on here in america for 5 days, but for months in asia. Also "We're showing off a new screen every week for Neverwinter to get you even MORE excited for the upcoming Beta" Quote from facebook posted today.

Nope. There was a discussion about a week ago about Alpha which it hasn't even started yet. And do you realize how ridiculous that an Alpha testing has been going on for months in Asia and your 5 days in America sounds? Maybe Alpha has been 5 days in America since that is about the end of the Alpha key giveaway contest but Asia certainly has not been testing for months especially when the game is developed in AMERICA. Pre Alpha which is internal testing yes I agree is done but the actual Alpha either is not begun yet, which no one knows unless their a tester, or has barely started.

Also that quote is a typical Cryptic statement. Yeah Beta which no date has been given which they are suppose to announce the schedule this month and there is only a week and 1/2 left this month. Lay ya odds Beta won't be till Mar.

Summer is my bet on release, Q1... doubtful unless Alpha and Betas go through in a month or two time which will only result in a rushed game.
  • Options
    starkillianstarkillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I have no idea where people have gotten the idea alpha testing has only been going on for 5 days. I know of people that have been testing for months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    First of all, the Alpha is not the unofficial Closed Beta and has been ongoing for months.

Secondly, no you shouldn't pressure the game for an incomplete release. I'm not saying Open Beta shouldn't start by June depending on when Closed Beta starts...
    I am saying, point blank, that Closed Beta is the last chance for major changes to content before the game's release. Any changes after the Closed Beta Stage of any game is much more carefully considered and less likely to occur. Open Beta is always more about final bug squashing and stress testing compared to content change.

I'm NOT saying the game is nowhere near complete. I haven't the slightest idea.
    I do know that Closed Beta hasn't started though and I do know I want to see a four month or longer Closed Beta Testing phase to ensure player feedback is not only considered but allowed to shape the final product.

It's far easier for game companies to push out an unfinished game which lacks proper testing and player feedback than it is for them to delay the release. They don't make money if the game isn't released so, yeah, companies can often succumb to the peer pressure of players who want to play the game as soon as they can.

So, yeah, that excuse doesn't work with me. I want a complete game I'm happy to play. Not another Daggerdale because they rushed passed the proper testing phases.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First of all, the Alpha is not the unofficial Closed Beta and has been ongoing for months.

Secondly, no you shouldn't pressure the game for an incomplete release. I'm not saying Open Beta shouldn't start by June depending on when Closed Beta starts...
    I am saying, point blank, that Closed Beta is the last chance for major changes to content before the game's release. Any changes after the Closed Beta Stage of any game is much more carefully considered and less likely to occur. Open Beta is always more about final bug squashing and stress testing compared to content change.

I'm NOT saying the game is nowhere near complete. I haven't the slightest idea.
    I do know that Closed Beta hasn't started though and I do know I want to see a four month or longer Closed Beta Testing phase to ensure player feedback is not only considered but allowed to shape the final product.

It's far easier for game companies to push out an unfinished game which lacks proper testing and player feedback than it is for them to delay the release. They don't make money if the game isn't released so, yeah, companies can often succumb to the peer pressure of players who want to play the game as soon as they can.

So, yeah, that excuse doesn't work with me. I want a complete game I'm happy to play. Not another Daggerdale because they rushed passed the proper testing phases.

Okay the Daggerdale hate must end :P
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I never played it so Im not sure what is "wrong" I just know Truth hates it being mentioned
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Thank for info, and agreed word by word.

I was supicious this might be the case, but now I m gonna quote you on the fact that alpha has been on for months much longer than 2 days :)
  • Options
    rickmanrickman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I Foresee... Closed Beta beginning in Febuary/March, Open Beta July... Release August/September.

And i hope to be supprised if any other way of it going... Also the Game looks Quite Polished already, But Cryptic gets no Points for that nowadays.
    Diplomancy: Sometimes "I hit it with my Axe" is the only Answer.
    A Challenge is something interesting and awkward until you beat it... then it's called "Repetative"

Neverwinter on TVTropes(Needs some loving)
    Neverwinter Nights on TVTropes
  • Options
    stonklaversstonklavers Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OMG! No! Open Beta in July!? ;(

I wanna play the Neverwinter, my friends too.

Come on Cryptic, make us happy: - Open Beta now.

come on, ;(
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If Alpha is still going on as we speak, I'm guessing it will end sometime next month, then we'll have a few months to sit while they tweak and fix bugs until Beta.
    It is what it is.

"Since keys are still being given out is why I say end of February."
  • Options
    cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

YES! Seriously!
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So its been mentioned that this game will launch "early 2013". That only leaves Cryptic about a month or so left, and if beta hasn't event started, will this game make its release or has it been pushed back?
    "Early is relative."

@stonklavers: Way to get burned playing* an unfinished product...:p People like you should wait for release. There are tons of games out there (some even free!!!) in addition to non videogames activities. Not that anyone is going to take me seriously in the internet, mind you.

* playing, not beta testing