test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Date

Comments

• nitchinnitchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you check Youtube there are alot of asian vids from the alpha so its been going on for some time now. Do not forget the PW is an asian company so yes I can see alpha going on longer there than here. Closed beta has no set time I have beta tested a few games over the years starting with SWG it depends on the amount of bugs found and how bad they are and how badly the company needs to get the game out like SWG was rushed through beta even though we testers told them alot was broken. This game has been pushed back so much I do not see PW doing that this looks to be the big cash game for them so they need it to work well because as players we get frustrated quickly if things do not work right.
  • vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Alpha has been going on for some time and with the fact that they just added a few new people leads me to believe that they are getting ready for closed beta. Closed beta is more about finding and fixing bugs than major changes to game play. You typically get some class balancing done in closed beta but that depends on the open endness of your class design. Open beta is more about stressing the servers and getting ready for launch. Depends on their internal metrics but I'm guessing a closed beta mid Feb with and Open beta end of April and release end of May.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    nitchin wrote: »
    ... Do not forget the PW is an asian company so yes I can see alpha going on longer there than here. ...

I don't see it that way because game is developed in English and published by wan-mei there which is a localization. If you read dialogues in video, they are in english - meaning the footage was from this version at PWE.

Mot probably, they will get delayed release after it is released by PWE. Just like korean games released internationally take some time to get localized.
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    ... going to take me seriously in the internet, mind you....

Shouldn't it be on the internet?

p.s. honestly asking question because I have no idea which is correct but "on" seems more prevalent usage.
    edited January 2013
    I never played it so Im not sure what is "wrong" I just know Truth hates it being mentioned

It was a bad game. Unfortunately the only 4e game.

I quickly google searched review daggerdale and quickly came out with this link.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/25/dungeons-and-dragons-daggerdale-review/

Even though I have not read it, I am sure it would be giving it a bad review because good reviews on daggerdale do not exist.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Shouldn't it be on the internet?

p.s. honestly asking question because I have no idea which is correct but "on" seems more prevalent usage.

Guess that depends on if the internet is something that users put something on or if it is an uncontrollable entity unto itself that seems to absorb everything into itself....
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What a mess...

So its been mentioned that this game will launch "early 2013". That only leaves Cryptic about a month or so left, and if beta hasn't event started, will this game make its release or has it been pushed back?
    Actually early 2013 can be April especially if its divided up in sets of 4 i.e. Jan-Apr May-Aug Sept-Dec with Jan to Apr early May to Aug mid and Sept to Dec as end. or if you're going by quarters the end of Mar for early 2013

Nobody ever said Early 2013 meant quarters or halves of this year. Everybody, stop basing this on rumors and your own assumptions. Not only do people escalate it out of control, we mods end up editing or removing posts from the reactions that are outright wrong.

So you are saying they are no where near release shape currently? Other wise why would you say people shouldn't pressure for a release. Of course we should! We are customers and that is what customers do, they want to touch the product they want to spend money on.

See above.

Nope. There was a discussion about a week ago about Alpha which it hasn't even started yet. And do you realize how ridiculous that an Alpha testing has been going on for months in Asia and your 5 days in America sounds? Maybe Alpha has been 5 days in America since that is about the end of the Alpha key giveaway contest but Asia certainly has not been testing for months especially when the game is developed in AMERICA. Pre Alpha which is internal testing yes I agree is done but the actual Alpha either is not begun yet, which no one knows unless their a tester, or has barely started.

Also that quote is a typical Cryptic statement. Yeah Beta which no date has been given which they are suppose to announce the schedule this month and there is only a week and 1/2 left this month. Lay ya odds Beta won't be till Mar.

Summer is my bet on release, Q1... doubtful unless Alpha and Betas go through in a month or two time which will only result in a rushed game.

Tempus, please consider not posting anything else on this unless you have concrete factual information Once again, I have to state your post is almost completely wrong and inaccurate. While I can't mention specifics, Alpha has been going on a while, longer if you count pre-alpha and Friends and Family.

Again for everybody, don't make posts that are insiteful and based on somebody's or somebody else's rumors or sometimes people's outright lies. We've already lost a lot of posts to the lower depths, and we don't want to see any more posts end up there.

First of all, the Alpha is not the unofficial Closed Beta and has been ongoing for months.

Secondly, no you shouldn't pressure the game for an incomplete release. I'm not saying Open Beta shouldn't start by June depending on when Closed Beta starts...
    I am saying, point blank, that Closed Beta is the last chance for major changes to content before the game's release. Any changes after the Closed Beta Stage of any game is much more carefully considered and less likely to occur. Open Beta is always more about final bug squashing and stress testing compared to content change.

I'm NOT saying the game is nowhere near complete. I haven't the slightest idea.
    I do know that Closed Beta hasn't started though and I do know I want to see a four month or longer Closed Beta Testing phase to ensure player feedback is not only considered but allowed to shape the final product.

It's far easier for game companies to push out an unfinished game which lacks proper testing and player feedback than it is for them to delay the release. They don't make money if the game isn't released so, yeah, companies can often succumb to the peer pressure of players who want to play the game as soon as they can.

So, yeah, that excuse doesn't work with me. I want a complete game I'm happy to play. Not another Daggerdale because they rushed passed the proper testing phases.

It's up to Cryptic to state what phase is the "last chance" for major changes. I'll stop there.
    I don't see it that way because game is developed in English and published by wan-mei there which is a localization. If you read dialogues in video, they are in english - meaning the footage was from this version at PWE.

Mot probably, they will get delayed release after it is released by PWE. Just like korean games released internationally take some time to get localized.

The Chinese info first came from the US testing site originally. That's all I can say.

Folks, the game will come out when it's ready. As the bankruptcy of Atari in the US showed, rushing a product or minimizing costs to make a quick buck never pays off. If you have an opinion, state it's your opinion. If you have a fact, show where it came from.

Or please don't reply at all if your post comes out trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Again for everybody, don't make posts that are insiteful and based on somebody's or somebody else's rumors or sometimes people's outright lies. ....

I knew someone who knew someone who told us that the game will make you intoxicated while playing in tavern and when/if you throw up it will come out as rainbows and pretty colors. Also you will get hangovers when not playing the game...

*A dart from the blowgun hits him in the neck*
    edited January 2013
    I knew someone who knew someone who told us that the game will make you intoxicated while playing in tavern and when/if you throw up it will come out as rainbows and pretty colors. Also you will get hangovers when not playing the game...

*A dart from the blowgun hits him in the neck*

Sweet they took my feedback and actually put it in a game.
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nobody ever said Early 2013 meant quarters or halves of this year.

What do you consider early then? To most people it is the first 3 months of the year as "early". They should at least clear up that it's going to be pushed back, otherwise you really can't blame people for speculating on what cryptic has said themselves. Nobody considers past june early..even that's pushing it.
    edited January 2013
    What do you consider early then? To most people it is the first 3 months of the year as "early". They should at least clear up that it's going to be pushed back, otherwise you really can't blame people for speculating on what cryptic has said themselves. Nobody considers past june early..even that's pushing it.

Depends I'm use to early 20XX meaning sometime before October but that's just because my companies higher ups have no clue how to manage a project.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    *the mage begins drawing a magical circle, consecrates it and then begins to speak while standing in the circle*

I'm pretty sure I am at fault for unintentionally instigating this whole Daggerdale bashing. After mentioning it to Truth and several others, we were all like-minded about our disparity over that game and the way we were treated by Atari. Since, we started making innocent small remarks here and there and then as others who agreed came in and chimed their related replies, the awareness grew to the point it is now on these forums.

I apologize for that.

However, I would like to make one thing clear - the Developers working on the game did a great job, it was Atari that blundered the game, pushed it to release way too soon and then quickly abandoned the game without fixing GAME-BREAKING bugs that caused many of us to permanently loose all our characters stats after playing for several hours, and it would ALWAYS HAPPEN and was wide-scale.

After a few months of promised fixes that did not come, many of us started complaining to BBB, Atari, and in the case of us who got it through XBOX, we complained also to Microsoft. I was one of the lucky ones that got a complete refund for Atari's blunder.

If the game didn't literally stop me from being able to play, I probably would have enjoyed it. So, to make one more thing clear, all the "hate and flak" I give towards Daggerdale is pointed squarely at Atari and not the Developers of that game.

*the mage breaks the circle, looks around with a lightening bolt spell readied and when he is sure no Atari Daemons are going to teleport in, he quickly dismisses the spell and casts a teleport of his own*
  • rickmanrickman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Daggerdale was fun for awile... Until i realised i was Playing Diabalo with a D&D Skin.

I liked the opening level/Demo. After that it got Tediously streched out.
    Diplomancy: Sometimes "I hit it with my Axe" is the only Answer.
    A Challenge is something interesting and awkward until you beat it... then it's called "Repetative"

Neverwinter on TVTropes(Needs some loving)
    Neverwinter Nights on TVTropes
  • trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Well, we must be almost there. Its been almost 1 year since I joined here.. and I thought we're close at the time. Looks like theres enough time to play before Elder Scroll Online.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "Alpha"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    edited January 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    "Alpha"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Doesn't it mean lead dog, head hacho, numero uno, the big cheese?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    vinsinar wrote: »
    Doesn't it mean lead dog, head hacho, numero uno, the big cheese?
    Indeed, it is also the first letter of the Greek Alphabet and as such, it also means just that, first.
    edited January 2013
  • tethiyeltethiyel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    Why can't I have an Omega testing?

Because that is the game after its shut down.
    "What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?"
    edited January 2013
    tethiyel wrote: »
    Because that is the game after its shut down.
    I laughed, haha! Thanks :)
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Here's a crazy idea..how about they make some internal calculations and release the release date ??
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Right after omega testing :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I guarantee you they have an internal desired release date...

But things change rapidly based on test feedback and that date is NOTHING more than a goal subject to change.

When you release goals they be become promises and result in threads like this being created.
    Things are always so simple when you assume everything goes according to plan. Sadly reality detests plans.
    edited January 2013
    edited January 2013
    Omega weapon?

yeah it was really tough to kill.
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As long as it's released before june, I'm happy.
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
    edited January 2013
    Doesn't really matter what the release date is because everyone in the thread will play it.
    edited January 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    But things change rapidly based on test feedback and that date is NOTHING more than a goal subject to change.

And who's fault is it that they don't start that beta and alpha until now ?

It's like they did nothing in all these years and now they do everything...
    edited January 2013
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    And who's fault is it that they don't start that beta and alpha until now ?

It's like they did nothing in all these years and now they do everything...

There is no fault here. A game is never late, nor is it early it arrives precisely when it means to