What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Race Bonuses

13»

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zarkaz123 wrote: »
    Yeah, all the + stats on races and the racials seem to make class choices limited. The human looks to have the best racial for a Guardian Fighter and the bloodhunt from a Tiefling seems useless for a Guardian Fighter, that saddens me because I really want to be a Tiefling Guardian Fighter but I am worried people would put shame on me for not being a human because of the racial :(.

You don't really have to maximize in 4e you know. I usually play with pretty bad builds but it usually come out fine. Its not like you have and instant death vorpal sword which needs to crit or something.
    SO choose what you like. Heck, even choose a halfling fighter wielding a sword longer than you ... ... ... lol. And an orc can wield you. 2 of the 2handed swords!

EDIT:
    Baically, 20%crit+low dps < 10%crit+high dps in many situations. Or even, < 2%crit+higher dps.
    So Sir Maximus Minimus the Third is long since buried and forgotten.
  • zarkaz123zarkaz123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    You don't really have to maximize in 4e you know. I usually play with pretty bad builds but it usually come out fine. Its not like you have and instant death vorpal sword which needs to crit or something.
    SO choose what you like. Heck, even choose a halfling fighter wielding a sword longer than you ... ... ... lol. And an orc can wield you. 2 of the 2handed swords!

EDIT:
    Baically, 20%crit+low dps < 10%crit+high dps in many situations. Or even, < 2%crit+higher dps.
    So Sir Maximus Minimus the Third is long since buried and forgotten.

Yeah well I have a strong belief in min maxing, it's hard to turn away from it and the worry of people thinking im some nub because I have a bloodhunt racial that just gives crit chance (I read that somewhere that that is what it does) over a tanking racial for a Guardian Fighter.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    They have it inside a trapped chest with many mimics and a gelatanous cube as a trap somewhere in cryptic. I am gathering adventurers and a good rogue to break into their cryptic crypt(read office) and steal the information from there.

I was there yesterday attempting it and I will be there tomorrow, where will you be?

in other words, you dont know :p
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    in other words, you dont know :p

That's not fair! The economy is bad everywhere and even that cube was looking for work elsewhere!

Oh, and Human Great Weapon Fighter named Bob. 'Nuff sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    cube video is to funny.

Perhaps you could use your mod channels, and ask cryptic about putting some info on those racial things on the race page, instead of just the name ?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When it comes to releasing stuff, I'm just a user like you all, sorry :)

But I can say the way to get it changed is to do feedback like this!

Devs/Admins, we have a request for better class and race descriptions (even if they do change or not before launch.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    mod channels engaged lol thanks :p
  • zadenadoszadenados Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    whats withe the facination over the dwarves suddenly lol.
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zadenados wrote: »
    whats withe the facination over the dwarves suddenly lol.

Maybe it's because we don't know whether Cryptic will or will not allow us to make female dwarves with beards.
  • zadenadoszadenados Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    oh god. i'll never know whos a guy or girl dwarf again D;
    edited January 2013
    dwarves just kick rearend, allways will
  • rickmanrickman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To be honest i don't really care to much about the Racial Bonuses.... Although i love the fact that they have Teiflings playable.

Currently planning on atleast 2 characters.. and possibly both as fighters.
    Diplomancy: Sometimes "I hit it with my Axe" is the only Answer.
    A Challenge is something interesting and awkward until you beat it... then it's called "Repetative"

Neverwinter on TVTropes(Needs some loving)
    Neverwinter Nights on TVTropes
  • zenzeezenzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If it's based in 4e, there won't be any bearded female dwarves.

Off topic: Tolkien never actually went into details about the Dwarven women, actually. This bearded female Dwarves thing has been mostly a D&D player thing.
    edited January 2013
    zenzee wrote: »
    If it's based in 4e, there won't be any bearded female dwarves.

Off topic: Tolkien never actually went into details about the Dwarven women, actually. This bearded female Dwarves thing has been mostly a D&D player thing.

He didn't but he started the joke as many times hobbits are shown to wonder if dwarven women have beard (though they never actually ask or confirm from the dwarves)
  • godofthornsgodofthorns Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just curious...but have the Devs mentioned "Racial Feats" at all? In 4e, the reason Dwarf Fighters are so good is not just due to the initial stats bonuses, but also what comes as their racial feats (i.e. Dwarf Stoneblood, Dwarven Weapon Training, Dwarven Recovery, Stonefoot Reprisal, etc.). The same goes for 4e Human Fighters and their racial bonuses (i.e. Stubborn Survivor, Persistent Threat, Timely Revival, etc.).

Any word on this issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thorn
  • zenzeezenzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    in height, elf<human, however they are very close. So one elf may(abnormally longest elf) be longer than some other human; but on average they are a smaller race. drow are comparable to elf, but they are still on average shorter than drow women.

That's how it was back in 2e, they changed that in 4e. Elves are as tall as humans (All species, including Eladrin) but much slimmer.
    edited January 2013
    zenzee wrote: »
    That's how it was back in 2e, they changed that in 4e. Elves are as tall as humans (All species, including Eladrin) but much slimmer.

"as tall as" does not answer the question.

I have already presented the facts from 4e:-
    Elves:
    Elves Average Height 5'4 - 6'0''
    Human Average Height 5'6'' - 6'2''
    Drow Average Height 5'4 - 6'0''

Inface of data, mirages clear away.

EDIT: i.e. Elves fall 2'' short.
    edited January 2013
    Feats are no done as PnP but as feat trees. Whether they will include "racial" ones in your character is unknown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rickmanrickman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Just to chime in as well.. I also agree that the +2 to con is no good. It should be +2 to any one stat, player's choice.

About the Only reasoning i can consider for the Con bonus is... well most of them are survivors of the SpellPLAGUE? (Not familiar too much with the exact points of it but... Only those of hardy Fitness would survive right?)
    Diplomancy: Sometimes "I hit it with my Axe" is the only Answer.
    A Challenge is something interesting and awkward until you beat it... then it's called "Repetative"

Neverwinter on TVTropes(Needs some loving)
    Neverwinter Nights on TVTropes
  • adeshiradeshir Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    RPssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!
  • zacke760zacke760 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll be a Drow fighter! I simply like that thats all hehe
  • crithappycrithappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I personally will be rolling a dwarf fighter and my wife a dwarf cleric. We often play that way in pnp dnd.
  • afalynafalyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My brother and I, play the same as well. Not sure why the Dwarf race appeals to us, but it could be the drinking, rough and tumble, lambasting language style we have a flavor for.

Muahahahaha, it could be Me, being the oldest, tallest and better looking one! Brudder, now he being a little bit smarter, wiser, not sure about da looks though, always watching me back.

Ah, memories of past gaming...off to swig some ale, er drink some good drink and wait for new adventures!
  • h0rseh0rse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And this might sound a little pompous, but I don't believe in bad characters, just bad players.
    Well, I believe it depends on your definition of "bad." If you were to swap that word for say, "optimal," then it has a much more specific meaning, since there are in fact optimal and poor character/race combinations, regardless if players are able to excel in them or not.
    8.jpg

Fiona Bauerstone - Devoted Cleric - Dragon Server
  • pugdaddypugdaddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 249 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Human +2 constitution
    Elf +2 Dex, +2 Wis
    Half Elf +2 Con, +2 Cha

The half elf seems a disconnect it gets the human con bonus and out of the blue gets a cha bonus gains little from the elf parent imo it should be +1 Con, +1 Dex, +1 wis. Gains a bit from each race but does not overshadow either parent species.

Dwarf typically is the species that gets the constitution bonus so not sure what will happen with them.

Humans are very versitile and can be quite different they should have a +2 bonus on any one stat.

Perhaps it is Nature vs Nurture situation? The Elf Dex/Wis bonus might come from how the Elves tend to live. Being somewhat "outsiders" a half-elf might develop the Cha from surviving in human society. Do Elves let half-elves live with them?