test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What kind of cleric are you

124»

Comments

• Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Personally when I played I was a caster cleric, I was bestowed with fiery holy spells to both heal through curing and blast enemies away like undead with pillars of holy flame. I would hope this type of thing is in the game. :)
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    P.S. You CAN dual wield as a cleric. I always dual wield my mace with my implement in off-hand.

also, I would also like to have heals kill undead but unfortunately mechanics of 4e may not allow such thing. However we always have Turn Undead.
  • Options
    battlehealerbattlehealer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1-H Blunt/Shield Cleric with ranged damage and heals. Capable of soaking up damage as well.
  • Options
    qquentaqquenta Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Really interested in hearing more about the clerics here.
  • Options
    battlehealerbattlehealer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1-H Blunt/Shield Cleric with ranged damage and heals. Capable of soaking up damage as well.
    Depending on the way that this game plays out I might have to get into melee range to do my damage.
  • Options
    holldrholldr Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would love to play something like a balanced cleric, it just suits my play-style the best I think - the ability to dish out some damage, as well as soak it with armor and buffs. I always thought of cleric as a class that can also heal and not the class that heals - back in 3E they had some of the most awesome damaging spells, therefore it occurred to me that it would be illogical to use the class only as a healer. Because of this I don't like the idea of cleric as a healer like priest in WOW.

Would there be no option to build balanced cleric I will just probably try both battle and devoted cleric and see which one I like the best.
    The weapon for battle would be scythe and for devoted probably long or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sword and shield.
    19.jpg
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I got Avenger on DnD character test. So that would be awesome to play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theincarnadine42theincarnadine42 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In PnP games I have not enjoyed the cleric until 4e, where suddenly I was having a blast with it, even with it set up to be mainly a healer. I did some weird things for character concept on it that most people would not, like multi classing into Artificer that allowed me to take a Paragon path where I cut off my arm and replaced it with a mechanical arm/mace. Stats did not line up great, but it was a lot of fun to play.

In MMOs I love playing healers, so it looks like the Devoted Cleric is right up my alley.
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I will definitely be playing a healing cleric of some kind. I have been running clerics since the late 70s and original d&d using the little booklets and the greyhawk campaign. Been looking forward to this title.

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ... where I cut off my arm and replaced it with a mechanical arm/mace....

Arrrggghhhh!!!! Spare us the gory details! :p
  • Options
    ironbloodzironbloodz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would have to be a Cleric I created in D&D 3.5. Who devoted himself to helping anyone who devoted their lives to aiding his goal in becoming his own god.... hard char to roll lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    quer1llaquer1lla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think the warrior priest from warhammer pretty much defines my idea of what a cleric is.

In my days of D&D a cleric with a mace was all I ever wanted, battling hand in hand with enemies but healing my colleagues.
  • Options
    famoriifamorii Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Shaman / Druid please. If not, then a Dwarf priestess of Lolth, whose racial alcoholism is a boon against the horrors witnessed, committed and endured in service to the chaos spider. All hail Lolth or ye'll taste me snakey whip as I shove'r durn yer throats!
  • Options
    psuedomonaspsuedomonas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I see you have redone your Sig Gillrmn. I love it!!! Looks brilliant!
    Also I love the Battle Cleric..Platemail,Shield and Massive warhammer. That said, Devoted Cleric will satisfy my needs adequately from everything I have seen to date :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pugdaddypugdaddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 249 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    The cleric I'm thinking about is more Primal, so I'd like a Druid or Shaman.
    A battle cleric would also be great.
  • Options
    akukoakuko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was flicking through my 4th ed books, and realise that some abilities (well any class really) use charisma for there abilities, others use str, others wisdom, when applied to cleric. Will neverwinter follow that? or are all clerics going to be the same wisdom/endurance that MMO's seem top favour?

As for ontopic:

Drow
    Battlecleric of Torm
    2handed hammer and plate
  • Options
    mo0shak3mo0shak3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would like to play a Devoted cleric as they look like they come the closest to EQ1's clerics and I was exposed to that before D&D so they are my classic ideal of a cleric. I would however love to play a Dragonborn Warlord just because they fulfill a similiar role and are totally bamf looking.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    akuko wrote: »
    I was flicking through my 4th ed books, and realise that some abilities (well any class really) use charisma for there abilities, others use str, others wisdom, when applied to cleric. Will neverwinter follow that? or are all clerics going to be the same wisdom/endurance that MMO's seem top favour?

The mechanics of the game from so far what we have seen, have nothing to do with 4e's mechanics. They have their own system built from grounds up for an MMO and it is asked as D&D gameplay mechanics.

It is very much possible that different abilities are used differently for different things - just not in the way you imagine, or in the way it is used in PnP. For example, the cleric can have STR increasing damage, can have WIS increasing crit and can have CHA decreasing cooldowns. That way each stat may contribute differently to cleric but not the way it is in PnP.
  • Options
    ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Battle Cleric
    Avenger
    Two-Handed Mace

:)
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • Options
    hellhammerhellhammer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Clerics have always been my favorite class. I just love that they can wear heavy armor, shields, wield decent weapons, and can cast spells. I love the paladin class too but always hated having to be lawful good.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Do you prefer:-

- Dwarven Battle cleric (Melee, STR>WIS>CHA) swinging a mace or hammer.
    dwarf_zps549593e8.jpg
  • Options
    keneringkenering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Battle cleric for me. Warpriest. Two-handed hammer. Favourite class in every game.
  • Options
    azureeternalazureeternal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    i like classic dnd clerics, heavily armored, somewhat melee capable, but mostly a defensive healbot that can demolish undead.

This. Just this.